if the figures were sexualized, but that doesn't seem to be the case (the "worst" I can think of is the female figures having breasts, but that just helps kids distinguish their gender/sex, really).

For human minifigures, breast print is mandatory. You must say that not all animals have breasts, mamalls do but birds don't.

Yeah I agree with you AmazingPharaoh because the first Eris figure was a little over the top I would understand if it was a lion or a gorilla but the Lego designers most likely have set rules of what they are supposed to do so they probably had to do that but your right it is a little over the top.

I don't understand why people find printed breast curves on figures like Eris so problematic. She's not just a bird; she's an anthropomorphized bird. Nobody seems to take issue with the fact that she and all the eagles, vultures, phoenixes, and ravens have arms, but that's a trait that is biologically inaccurate for real-life birds of either gender.

Now, if she were overly sexualized, with wildly exaggerated proportions and much more revealing clothes than her male counterparts, then there would be legitimate reason to worry about what message this sends to kids. But this is true no matter what species she was supposed to be analagous to. And in general, the female animals of Chima have clothing as modest as that of their male counterparts.

I don't understand why people find printed breast curves on figures like Eris so problematic. She's not just a bird; she's an anthropomorphized bird. Nobody seems to take issue with the fact that she and all the eagles, vultures, phoenixes, and ravens have arms, but that's a trait that is biologically inaccurate for real-life birds of either gender.

Now, if she were overly sexualized, with wildly exaggerated proportions and much more revealing clothes than her male counterparts, then there would be legitimate reason to worry about what message this sends to kids. But this is true no matter what species she was supposed to be analagous to. And in general, the female animals of Chima have clothing as modest as that of their male counterparts.

Correct. She just has a bare midriff. Crooler is more close to the line, since she looks like she's wearing a torn bra just ready to fall off... Eris is just a female with a bare midsection, and we're no longer in the times when exposed navels were scandalous, so why worry? They're anthropomorphic animals with some distinguishing human gender features to make them easier to identify.

Not only that, they're also recycling names from past LEGO themes. Firox was also the exact same name of the orange Rock Monster in Power Miners as well. Very imaginative indeed :sarcasm_hmpf:. Not that that's the first case of this happening, of course.

I understand that people don't want clones, but with Frax only being in a polybag so far, it's hard to find fault with a mini figure that's similar.

Looking at Firox (Whose name autocorrects on my phone to acidic!?!?!) closer reveals they aren't quite the same. Perhaps it's the difference in lighting, but the torso and arms look darker on Firox then on Frax. The head is obviously different, but I find that perfectly fine.(Speaking of similar color schemes, why not dump gold paint on Lloyd Garmadon in his Robes?)

Compare with the dark red Phoenix members and their similarities, and consider the rarity of orange Phoenix members, and I think we have a winner.

And yes, Firox immediately registered in my mind as orange rock monster, too. I should take a picture of them both when I buy the book...

I thought there were subtle color differences as well, (Frax may have Brick Red and Light Grey arms, and Firox Dark Red and Dark Grey), but it looks more like a trick of the light.

I really hope you're joking about this. That can't be real in any way. It reuses older-wave minifigures (a new wave would have new variants) and the photoshopped mech does not fit in into the theme at all. LEGO would never blatantly clone a model design like that anyway. Nya's still even piloting the mech in that image. A cheap joke maybe or a hoax, but in no way real.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Check out what I found! :grin: Good to see the old model reused

Notice that it says "CHIM" at the top. :tongue:

Someone was playing with Photoshop...

They very clearly changed the colors (which for the uninitiated with Photoshop, is really, really easy to do), and copy/pasted official Lego images for the Chima Minifigs

Edited by LuxorV
Please do not quote images from the same page. Thank you.

Are these bootleg/fakes Chima 2014 sets? Let's be real hear, those are clearly recolored Ninjago sets mixed with Chima. They are NOT Chima 2014 sets and as such do not belong in this thread. Please get back on topic.

Yes, I posted a ton of these bootlegs off of a site last summer. Pretty funny to see what they come up with.

-Sci

So, uhhh... I might be late noticing this, but the Chima site has updated with bios of many of the new animals. Lots of cool insights. Apparently Mottrot and Mungus are Maula's sons. Also, Sir Fangar is terrifying — he wants to freeze a member of each tribe in Chima to keep as trophies, and wants Li'ella to be his queen when he conquers Chima.

Characters like Frax and Sykor don't get bios just yet, but Sykor is mentioned, and apparently he's particularly beastly — to the point that Strainor has to keep him on a leash to keep him in check.

I'm a little bit disappointed that the Chi page has been updated with a picture of the new Fire Chi but no explanation of where it comes from or anything like that.

In addition to everything Aanchir describes that was added to the Chima microsite, I was just reading through the weapons page, and found a particularly interesting mention of a Rhino fire weapon that reads like this:

Rhinfurno is a combination of a super-hard black rock (a type known only to the Rhino tribe) and a piece of volcanic magma that spits out pieces of molten rock. Smart Hunters stay far away from Rhino Speedorz!

This sounds like there is an extremely strong chance that one of the unrevealed Speedorz is a Rhino Speedorz. I'm guessing it will feature Rogon in a fire outfit. If that's true, unless there's a limited retail 70148 in the pipeline, hopes of getting Frax, Sykor and Panthar minifigures in normal retail sets (not polybags) are looking pretty low at the moment.

After all, it'd seem silly to mention Rhino Speedorz (albeit a fairly well buried mention) without there being any plans for one to appear in a set, but it's all speculation at the moment until we see some pictures.

I already knew some of it (Maula being the mother Mottrot and Mungus) but I found out yesterday about Fangar's desire for Li'ella, but it's nice to see on the site. They messed up the spelling of "Mammoth", though. I assume "Mammut" is another language and they forgot to translate it. Clever teaser as well to get us excited for the sets and the show.

I was reading through some of the weapon bios and they mentioned "The Last Great Illumination" in the bios for Fluminox's "Wingferno" and the "Freeze Blasta". It also states some of the Phoenixes are over thousands of years old. I think "The Great Story" from the TV series will be expanded upon eventually to give backstory to the new tribes. The Speedorz page also has a picture of Stealthor in one. EDIT: Is it just me or do the figures in the bootleg sets have long legs?

Edited by AnthonyP301

The Speedorz page also has a picture of Stealthor in one.

This picture?

speedorz_polaroids.png?l.r=-634867708

That's not actually Stealthor in that middle picture, that's actually the uncaped, unarmoured version of Sir Fangar as he appears in the Speedorz set 70156 Fire vs. Ice, albeit tinted with a warm hue to alter his colours a bit. I think it's unlikely that Stealthor will be in a Speedorz set. I might analyse the weapon bios a bit more and do some set matching to see if I can identify which ones might belong to the unreleased Speedorz sets, and make a good guess at what tribes are going to feature in those. I've already discerned that there might be a Rhino Speedorz using this information.

In addition to everything Aanchir describes that was added to the Chima microsite, I was just reading through the weapons page, and found a particularly interesting mention of a Rhino fire weapon that reads like this:

This sounds like there is an extremely strong chance that one of the unrevealed Speedorz is a Rhino Speedorz. I'm guessing it will feature Rogon in a fire outfit. If that's true, unless there's a limited retail 70148 in the pipeline, hopes of getting Frax, Sykor and Panthar minifigures in normal retail sets (not polybags) are looking pretty low at the moment.

After all, it'd seem silly to mention Rhino Speedorz (albeit a fairly well buried mention) without there being any plans for one to appear in a set, but it's all speculation at the moment until we see some pictures.

If Rhinfurno is the Chi Powered weapon, the normal weapon is the Splitta, the next weapon in the list of weapons. It mentions being a Rhino weapon-actually, it name drops the Rhinfurno itself.

And in episode 31, Rogon gets a fire suit and shoots fire chi from his Boulder Boomer.

A lot of people were hoping that the mysterious Panthar would be in one of the Speedorz, since he only appears as a constraction figure. Fire CHI Rogon would be nice to see, since he's the most important character who doesn't appear in a set.

Well, just as suspected, in the weapon bios of the Chima microsite, there are indeed 6 weapons which do not appear in any of the sets we have pictures of. These seem to perfectly equate to the three Speedorz we don't have pictures of, and a tribe is mentioned in each weapon bio. So, from this, I can get a good idea of what the Speedorz will contain:

The Skorch and Piker weapons indicate a Raven Speedorz set, probably Razar in his fire outfit, and I'll guess this is 70152 Lava Breakout.

As already stated, the Rhinfurno and Splitta weapons indicate a Rhino Speedorz set, probably Rogon in a fire outfit, and I'll guess this is 70153 Fang Trap.

And finally, the Froztang and Frax weapons indicate a Sabertooth Speedorz set, very possibly with Sykor (logical choice), and that will most likely be 70154 Frozen Fortress.

The first two might be the other way around as well. I'm personally a bit disappointed that there is zero mention of Panthar anywhere else except as an Ultrabuild (next year, or as a promo figure even? Not sure what would include a promo Chima figure though, we already know the encyclopedia exclusive), and the only mention of Frax is actually as a Sabertooth weapon. But who knows, my assumptions could be completely wrong :wink: