Nice find! It definitely is the best of this wave, but even then it's just decent. Maybe if I have the room for it, I'll pick it up. :classic:

Alright, that's one less contact, that is one of the looking sets of the year! The way it looks like a spider on the outside, the colors, it's amazingly built!

I love how Spinlyn can dangle from a line of webbing. I'd say she's the scariest Lego figure to date. One could make a horror film of her creeping around Lego City and devouring citizens.

The rhino bike is nice too.

Absolutely loving the Cavern. Here I was hoping they'd give up the Eris+Rogon story (spoiler from the pointless cartoon), now this solidifies it (no crossbreeding, Chima, please!) for another season.

The Outland base,always looked really nice to me. I'm hoping that we'll find some sign of Shadowind armor inside, but that's just wishful thinking. It also looks like the Outland Base's walls close into a box shape, which doesn't surprise, as it seems to be a theme with the Lion buildings.

Nice work Lego! Spinyl's Cavern looks great! :classic::thumbup: (Are these the first pictures we got of the set?)

Lavertus's Base, is kind of "meh" to me though. :sceptic:

Interestingly enough, Lavertus' Outland Base has 684 pieces. How?

Oh yeah, I guess it's in the vehicles... :def_shrug:

Edited by Lego Spy

(First of all I want to apologize for hating on Chima last year, watched the whole TV series and now I'm obsessed! :wub: ) I love the two new sets! I hope the cavern is about $40 and hopefully exclusive to Target (I like buying stuff at Target a lot...) I wish they would make more buildings and less vehicles for this next summer wave!

Wait what. You watched the TV show and became addicted to it?

Matey, (no offense to anyone here) watch the NINJAGO series. It's a lot better.

^Actually I had watched NinjaGo and loved that too :wub: ! I have most of the original sets but lost interest this year (the newer sets aren't as fun looking, if you understand my meaning). And yes I like the Chima series...is that bad? :sceptic: I do admit Eris is very annoying (when she yells "Laval!") and Laval's voice is off...but the animation is fantastic and I truly like the story.

Edited by refriedbeans

No, I was referring to the TV show, not the Chima sets. The sets (at least last year's anyway) are rather meh IMO. But the plot of literally 7/8ths of the episodes is downright terrible, and acts more like a blatantly subtle advertising system because the plot had no way of moving due to LEGO's insistence on dragging out the very finite beginnings of next year's plot from the start of this year's plot, creating a weak plot based off of one-time encounters, because they were relying on their "big bang" marketing strategies to pull off again (which is really becoming a bad thing, Mixels, CM etc are becoming a perfect example of this, for reasons I will state if asked)

Hey folks, I got one of the Legendary Beasts for christmas (the Lion) and I was wondering if you want a review for the set.

Wow. I think I've just found the perfect sets to get. Spynlin's Cavern has lots of lime and quite a few great pieces. I might get Lavertus' Outland Base too, if it's not too bad.

I personally love the Chima sets, but other than the Legend Beasts I've had a hard time committing to collecting the theme, since the first three episodes of the TV series disappointed me so much. I've only skimmed the books, but I have enjoyed those much more than what I saw of the show.

I really ought to give the show another chance, since normally I am good at enjoying things even if they're mediocre, and I'm sure it's had a chance to improve from the stilted, exposition-heavy premiere episodes. And I actually like Laval's voice myself. Together with his adorable face, the childlike voice makes him very kawaii! :3

Of course, at this point, even if I give the show another chance and end up enjoying it, I doubt I'll end up collecting the theme with the same level of dedication as Ninjago or Hero Factory. I just don't have the budget!

I personally love the Chima sets, but other than the Legend Beasts I've had a hard time committing to collecting the theme, since the first three episodes of the TV series disappointed me so much. I've only skimmed the books, but I have enjoyed those much more than what I saw of the show.

I really ought to give the show another chance, since normally I am good at enjoying things even if they're mediocre, and I'm sure it's had a chance to improve from the stilted, exposition-heavy premiere episodes. And I actually like Laval's voice myself. Together with his adorable face, the childlike voice makes him very kawaii! :3

Of course, at this point, even if I give the show another chance and end up enjoying it, I doubt I'll end up collecting the theme with the same level of dedication as Ninjago or Hero Factory. I just don't have the budget!

The show picks up just a bit. Not to the scale of Ninjago, but there were a few moments where I personally felt a little excitement.

I'd also like to personally say that I'm irritated by Laval's voice mostly because he sounds and acts like a child (most of the time) even though he's very clearly a young-adult. By the looks of the sets, I'm hoping that Laval would "grow a pair of bricks" while braving the outlands. Especially by the looks of Lavertus after his (apparent) many years in the outlands.

No, I was referring to the TV show, not the Chima sets. The sets (at least last year's anyway) are rather meh IMO. But the plot of literally 7/8ths of the episodes is downright terrible, and acts more like a blatantly subtle advertising system because the plot had no way of moving due to LEGO's insistence on dragging out the very finite beginnings of next year's plot from the start of this year's plot, creating a weak plot based off of one-time encounters, because they were relying on their "big bang" marketing strategies to pull off again (which is really becoming a bad thing, Mixels, CM etc are becoming a perfect example of this, for reasons I will state if asked)

I knew you were talking about the show, and I was dissappointed when the first two episode aired but after seeing the whole season I realized that the show is for kids and it's not going to appeal to older teens and adults, most children's shows I have seen have very poorly executed plots (except for MLP: FIM and Gravity Falls). I personally am over Ninjago (I'll still watch the show) but I think they ended the series well and I think it deserves a permanent rest soon. (Sorry for extreme off-topicness I will end my replies here)

I saw the sets boxed in the LEGO Shop in Cardiff today, nothing really grabbed me sadly (Maybe I was too distracted by the LEGO Movie sets and figures...) but they all seemed pretty popular with the kids. I will certainly be taking a closer look when they hit the Supermarkets (with the multi-buys and competative pricing!) One thing that was positive in my mind was the packaging has less plastic. It lookes like the speedor sets are all card packs, no blister plastic.

The Lavertus's base is quite nice! I loved building stuff like that when i was younger. The Cavern on other hand looks very interesting. Can't wait to get it!

The new sets are on the Australian and UK online LEGO shops. I am very happy with the AUS prices for the Legend beasts, makes me want to get all of them.

But I was reading the description for Lavertus' Twin Blade and Lavertus' weapons are called dual 'maCHIguns' *groan* :tongue:

I saw the sets boxed in the LEGO Shop in Cardiff today, nothing really grabbed me sadly (Maybe I was too distracted by the LEGO Movie sets and figures...) but they all seemed pretty popular with the kids. I will certainly be taking a closer look when they hit the Supermarkets (with the multi-buys and competative pricing!) One thing that was positive in my mind was the packaging has less plastic. It lookes like the speedor sets are all card packs, no blister plastic.

Nice to know they're in the Cardiff store. Will check it out!