The Bats still look awful IMO, but the Spiders, and especially the Scorpions, look fantastic.g

And I agree, the outpost looks very neat. I never thought I'd see HF pieces on a building- shows how much versatile the building system is! Unfortunately those seem to be the old 6M shells from Jetbug.. I'd love if they were 5M.

Edited by Shakar

Wow. when I saw the small version of the Spynlin pic I thought "wait, does that spider seem to have hairs?" And then I saw what piece it was and I was amazed at how perfectly that part works. I'm kind of annoyed that I'm going to have to pick up at least two sets (three if I decide to get Scorm's vehicle) :wink:.

^ Sometimes I also get annoyed when feeling like I have to buy several sets from themes. "Let me be nice to my budget this year", and the Lego decides to come up with great sets.

And I'm curious to know where Spynlin's cavern is exclusive to, I'm suspecting Target, and that means she won't be showing up till January right? I can't wait to get my hands on her, she really did surpass my expectations for her, which were very high too.

Nice to see a nice both the heroine and the villainess addition (but where's Crooler in 2014?) It seems that the froce of tribes are different this time which is the same thing TLG did with Ninjago.

Nice to see a nice both the heroine and the villainess addition (but where's Crooler in 2014?) It seems that the froce of tribes are different this time which is the same thing TLG did with Ninjago.

Maybe Lego is trying to give Craggers command ship more sales by keeping Crooler exclusive? If anything I think she's the only other 2013 femi-fig (besides Eris) who can return in the summer wave. Her figure design is initially what drew me into Chima, besides of the amazing design of set 70006

Spynlin is awesome. As are the rest of the spiders. Scorpions are ok, but I'm not a fan of those bats- might pick some up for the wings though...

Okay, when I was hunting down christmas presents yesterday, I spotted the new Hero Factory sets here and there and thought "Hey cool, I should head to the LEGO store (to get VIP points) and pick one of the smaller ones up.", but just when I was about to head to the checkout when I stumbled across the Legend Beasts. I was totally stoked because of the new joints, so I put my HF set back to the shelf to get one of these.

Christmas will be good this year.

Not sure if everyone has seen, but Brickset is steadily reviewing all of the new Legend Beasts, which have apparently showed up for sale in the UK. They have already reviewed the Gorilla, Eagle, and Crocodile Legend Beasts. All three look to be quite nice sets! The Wolf Legend Beast is still probably going to be my first purchase, though. It's maybe my favorite design and has the new joints in quite generous quantities (even though it only has two of the four new joint elements).

Today I bought 8 Legends Beasts sets: 2 Gorillas, 3 Crocodiles, 2 Wolfs and 1 Eagle. The Lion was already sold out. I also get 70129 lion plane thing ! Beasts sets are fantastic, with many new parts and great printed bricks.

Edited by tilko

I saw Worriz in the back of the instruction manual of 2014 Legends of Chima sets and he is on the good side along with Laval, Cragger, Eris and Gorzan. And why he did not appeared in the character list?

I saw Worriz in the back of the instruction manual of 2014 Legends of Chima sets and he is on the good side along with Laval, Cragger, Eris and Gorzan. And why he did not appeared in the character list?

Either there was no room, or because he only comes in one set this year and there isn't any need to show him.

Either there was no room, or because he only comes in one set this year and there isn't any need to show him.

Hmm, I don't think it has to do with space, and Spinyl will probably only be in one set, so I don't think there's a need to not show him. Do we even know he'll be in a set this wave? :look:

Edited by Lego Spy

I think that these sets look great IMO , especially the out-land base ... I think that it would go great with the Lion CHI Temple , which I plan on purchasing after Christmas!

Not sure if everyone has seen, but Brickset is steadily reviewing all of the new Legend Beasts, which have apparently showed up for sale in the UK. They have already reviewed the Gorilla, Eagle, and Crocodile Legend Beasts. All three look to be quite nice sets! The Wolf Legend Beast is still probably going to be my first purchase, though. It's maybe my favorite design and has the new joints in quite generous quantities (even though it only has two of the four new joint elements).

Thanks for the links, Aanchir. Since I got the Wolf (and an christmas I'll get the Lion) I'm already thinking about all the kind of things I could build using the new joints, and learning that they are even more compatible than I'd expected them to be makes them even more awesome.

It's because that character list does not feature ANY of the figs from the Legend Beast sets. One possible reason for this is that the figs from the Legend Beast sets are just slight variants of the 2013 versions of the characters, rather than brand-new 2014 designs.

Seeing what characters have been omitted from sets in the first wave, I'm starting to formulate some guesses about what to expect in the summer. For starters, note that not counting "nomad" characters like Skinnet and Furty, there are now exactly five tribes in the sets that have not gotten Legend Beasts: ravens, rhinos, spiders, scorpions, and bats. So it's possible we might see those five species as Legend Beasts.

Additionally, I expect to see Razar and Worriz in playsets in the summer. We have not yet gotten a new design for Worriz, and I guarantee that there's going to be one — especially since the 2014 Laval and Cragger minifigures share a torso decoration with one another, and Worriz and Razar could do the same. All they'd need is a new set of legs.

Edited by Aanchir

^ I also imagine the bears will make an appearance in the summer wave. Bladvic was going with the rest of them to the Outlands in the cartoon.

Though I wonder. If one of each of the 8 main tribes is going into the outlands. Why are there 2 rhinos? Did Rogon take Rhiona. or is Rhiona banished like Lavertus?

Rinona isn't equipped like the others, I think she was surviving on her own, thus explaining why she's out there in the Outlands. Being banished doesn't seem to apply to other tribes.

In fact, I'm rather surprised to see that any of the tribes brought anything other than a Speedor.

Rinona isn't equipped like the others, I think she was surviving on her own, thus explaining why she's out there in the Outlands. Being banished doesn't seem to apply to other tribes.

In fact, I'm rather surprised to see that any of the tribes brought anything other than a Speedor.

Wouldn't make for very exciting sets if the heroes didn't have any larger vehicles, would it?

Brickset has posted their reviews of the wolf and lion Legend Beasts! Like the other reviews, the impression seems to have been overwhelmingly positive. Quite a turnaround from the initial reactions to the pics!

The Wolf Legend Beast remains my favorite and the one I'm looking forward to picking up first.