HOLD ON.

If the Legend Beasts are out in some parts of the world WHERE ARE THE FINAL RENDERINGS?

I'd suggest keeping an eye on walmart.ca as they have been uploading photos of many of the other themes.

Rogon looks like a complete and utter moron with that head mold. Even worse so than in the TV show.

Edited by DraikNova

So now that the photos of the Star Wars winter waves are out, I guess we hopefully get our Chima fix some time in the next few days!?

I just got the holiday catalog and the new Star Wars and Chima stuff was not in it (new Hobbit stuff was) so I wouldn't hold your breath on better pictures just yet. Hope I'm wrong though.

Am I missing something key about the legend Beasts? Or do they actually look like something crudely designed in 1982? I remember back in 1974 or so my Cub Scout Pack staged a circus. We made all the animals out of cut painted and folded cardboard boxes that we wore, two people to a suit. These Legend Beasts look suspiciously like escapees from that circus?

Am I missing something key about the legend Beasts? Or do they actually look like something crudely designed in 1982? I remember back in 1974 or so my Cub Scout Pack staged a circus. We made all the animals out of cut painted and folded cardboard boxes that we wore, two people to a suit. These Legend Beasts look suspiciously like escapees from that circus?

I would be absolutely thrilled to see your LEGO cardboard circus fugitives. :laugh:

I'm not keen on Chima but today my sis got her Lego Magazine and there were a few pictures with sets for the next year. There was a gorilla fig sitting on a big gorilla with face made of Creator. It must have been Chima, I'm sure. Have you seen such a set or should I post it?

I'm not keen on Chima but today my sis got her Lego Magazine and there were a few pictures with sets for the next year. There was a gorilla fig sitting on a big gorilla with face made of Creator. It must have been Chima, I'm sure. Have you seen such a set or should I post it?

If the big gorilla was black and blue, its a 2013 set by the name of Gorzan's Gorilla Striker. One of my favorite sets from this year, might I add.

If it's brown, it may be the gorilla legend beast from 2014.

In other words more details would be nice!

I'm baffled at all the complaints about the Legend Beasts, considering that normally a lot of AFOLs dislike large "prefab" parts or LEGO animals that are too streamlined. Personally, I think the Legend Beasts are remarkable designs that really showcase the sculptural artistry that the current panoply of curved slopes (and the amazing new ball joint elements from the Mixels) allows for.

They aren't as naturalistic-looking as they are in the Legends of Chima TV series for certain, but they have definitely raised the bar for brick-built animal models. Plus, the fact that they are brick-built means we don't have to wait on the LEGO Group to make other Legend Beasts: we will be fully capable of MOCing them ourselves without failing to capture their aesthetic.

If the big gorilla was black and blue, its a 2013 set by the name of Gorzan's Gorilla Striker. One of my favorite sets from this year, might I add.

If it's brown, it may be the gorilla legend beast from 2014.

In other words more details would be nice!

It's the brown one.

20131115_204054.jpg

Edited by MakutaNocturn

And you sir have given us the first image of the official Gorilla Legend Beast set!

I'm really curious why Chima is one of the last themes to get official images. I really want to see the finalized minifigs!

Also on the subject of the Legends Beasts, I have to agree with Aanchir. For their size they are absolute works of art for Lego design at this scale. I also think that the preliminary images we got were early in the design stage, so I'm hoping on hope that some of the more ...er... odd looking bits of the Beasts are more streamlined.

I'll probably pick all of them up before the Speedorz, to be honest.

What The-

So we're getting a female Rhino next year?

Oh and-

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

Edited by LuxorV
Please use standard text size. The red is enough to stress the importance. Thank you.

Considering her name I thought we all knew Rinona would be a girl?

I need to start buying Legends of Chima, but my wallet! Loving some of these sets, the legend beasts look alright though, nothing too special there. Nothing too bad either.

So we're getting a female Rhino next year?

I'm pretty sure they have and will have from now on a female fig in each tribe, with the exceptions of the "tribes" that only have one fig (like Skinnet and Furty).

I'm pretty sure they have and will have from now on a female fig in each tribe, with the exceptions of the "tribes" that only have one fig (like Skinnet and Furty).

Wait - Did we get a female Raven?

EDIT: Checked Brickipedia: Nope.

Edited by Lego Spy

Wait - Did we get a female Raven?

Oh.... yeah, nevermind about my point. I don't think there was a female raven. I don't even think there was one in the show, which is more surprising.

I don't even think there was one in the show, which is more surprising.

Huh, I wonder what that's all about? One in almost every tribe except the Ravens. Weird. :look:

Edited by Lego Spy

You're really excited about next year, Toa. I can tell, :laugh:

-Sci

Yes I am. Intesting how their working as a team. Reminds me of the Second season of Transformers: Armada.

Huh, I wonder what that's all about? One in almost every tribe except the Ravens. Weird. :look:

The lions don't have a female member either. Neither do the bears or beavers but those tribes haven't been in any sets as of yet.

The lions don't have a female member either. Neither do the bears or beavers but those tribes haven't been in any sets as of yet.

Gosh, I didn't even think of the Lions. :laugh: