'ShadoWind' looks a little odd to me. The colors of his clothes seem a bit mixed up. (I understand that they are prelims though :wink:)

Edited by Lego Spy

Eh, don't get your hopes up on ShadoWind (that is the correct spelling of it, actually) in full armor. There's been a distinct lack of "specified" parts that cannot be used again this year, and ShadoW's helmet fits that description perfectly unless they do boars (later on) and add the Punk Rocker hair on top from the MF line.

By the looks of the images, he technically is fully armored. All he's missing is a cape and the helmet (if I remember the show Shadowind correctly :tongue:) The helmet is very much possible even though it may be used on this lone figure. Lego has done many one and done pieces in the past, so having to wait for a full line of minifigures to fully utilize the part isn't necessary (although somewhat frowned upon by TLG).

ShadoWind (that is the correct spelling of it, actually)

Wait, source on that?

No, I recall seeing it on the back of the TV show's volumes that are sold individually. Can't get a source though, so someone will have to take a pic and post it if they have Volume 2.

The Scorpion Stinger set looks awesome! I like Laval's jetpack and Cragger is now in the good side along with the Lions, Eagles, Gorillas and Rhinos.

I cannot wait to get all the Legend Beasts sets instead of an Ultimate Speedor Tournament that costs a lot.

I had a tiny hope after seeing a legendary lion beast in a chima episode, that they would be new animal moulds usable in other themes :sadnew:

I had a tiny hope after seeing a legendary lion beast in a chima episode, that they would be new animal moulds usable in other themes :sadnew:

It's kind of funny that these seem to have gotten the opposite reaction of the non-brick-built eagles in the Lord of the Rings theme, which disappointed a lot of people and led some to express a preference for the brick-built LEGO Creator Eagle from the same year. I'm sure even if these were prefabricated animals, there would be a lot of complaints that they are too specialized, too heavily stylized (keep in mind that they'd probably have the same high-detail eyes as the actual Legend Beast sets and Chima minifigures), or out-of-proportion.

I have a hard time saying for sure whether the Legend Beasts are ideal for what they're aiming to represent, but one thing's for sure: they're excellent parts packs, they make much better stand-alone sets than just a prefabricated animal and minifigure would be, and they open up the opportunity for kids and adults to build their own legend beasts based on this template. So on the whole I have to say I prefer them to the alternative.

I can't wait to see people MOC hypothetical Peacock, Rhino, Fox, Bear, Raven, Beaver, and Skunk Legend Beasts. I might even try my hand at it myself.

The final box art of 70127 Wolf Legend Beast, found on store shelves in the Middle East by a Brickset member, is a lot more flattering than the preliminary box art. Hopefully that's a good sign with regard to some of the other Legend Beasts like the Gorilla and Lion.

I haven't made any real effort to collect Legends of Chima sets since the theme came out — I felt like it'd take a lot to convince me to buy in, since I was already committed to collecting Ninjago and Hero Factory and wanted to keep my LEGO budget in check. The TV show utterly failed to excite me the way I had hoped it would.

I did buy 70204 CHI Razar and 70205 CHI Worriz at a 50% off discount at Brickfair (used in one of The Brick Show's reviews, but still in their original packages with instructions intact), mainly because I knew the parts would be useful and the sets didn't look half-bad themselves. Worriz in particular is amazing. But I haven't been interested enough in the other Chima constraction sets to buy them at full price.

These Legend Beasts are probably going to be the tipping point for me. Five of the theme's main characters, plus some fairly impressive models built from a wealth of useful pieces, including tiny ball joints and lots of useful curved slopes. I doubt I'll collect this theme as passionately as I do with Ninjago (I certainly won't be trying to get every minifigure in the theme, which would take a huge commitment), but who knows? Maybe it'll be a more slippery slope than I currently anticipate.

Ah. As speculated, the Wolf Legend Beast is the Mother Wolf.

That Sparratus Minifig is just :drool: .

Can't Wait!

One of these days I'm going to take a bunch of these, get some Forrestmen, and put together a kick megablocks Mongo MOC. We got Lion people, We got bird people, we got lizard people and wolf people. pretty much everything that might be needed.

That head mold is awesome. I can't see many uses for it, but it's still great. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the Wolf Legend Beast (both mixel style joints and that weapon piece).

It's kind of funny that these seem to have gotten the opposite reaction of the non-brick-built eagles in the Lord of the Rings theme, which disappointed a lot of people and led some to express a preference for the brick-built LEGO Creator Eagle from the same year. I'm sure even if these were prefabricated animals, there would be a lot of complaints that they are too specialized, too heavily stylized (keep in mind that they'd probably have the same high-detail eyes as the actual Legend Beast sets and Chima minifigures), or out-of-proportion.

I have a hard time saying for sure whether the Legend Beasts are ideal for what they're aiming to represent, but one thing's for sure: they're excellent parts packs, they make much better stand-alone sets than just a prefabricated animal and minifigure would be, and they open up the opportunity for kids and adults to build their own legend beasts based on this template. So on the whole I have to say I prefer them to the alternative.

I can't wait to see people MOC hypothetical Peacock, Rhino, Fox, Bear, Raven, Beaver, and Skunk Legend Beasts. I might even try my hand at it myself.

You are probably right; it would most likely be oversized anyway. Some times the most unlikely theme pop up with new animal moulds (e.g. prince of Persia), so a had a tiny hope as I said for this theme as well :wink:

I think the eagle is fine, but since there is nothing on this side of middle earth that is close to that size, it is of no use to me.

I am mostly a collector so part packs is of no use to me either, but I am glad you liked it and fine some use for the sets :classic:

This showed up on eBay:

2XlaNQul.jpg

Sparratus figure. Eh... :grin:

While the Legend Beast won't work for the chariot idea, the torso and head of this Spider dude will work great for a Drider type mini. I had worked out how to do the body a while back but never had a torso and head that looked right until now. Those hands will need changing though.

Edited by omegabob

Definitely going to grab the Wolf Legend Beast after seeing the completed box art! Love Sparratus too - I really hope we get some sets with the Spiders/Scorpions that don't have Gorillas/Lions in them though.