Meh. Just another Lion. Bring on the Arachnids and Bats and Rhinos. Then we'll be cooking. :moar:

I joke. He looks quite cool even if he does seem a bit too dark for a lion. The legs have the lion emblem so it's definitely tribe correct. it also wouldn't be the first time minifigures had mismatched legs and torso. So I wouldn't be too sure about more dark lions.

Edited by Jargo

I am not too sold on this minifigure. To me it just seems like another lion in a different colour.

Edited by kermit

Am I the only one who REALLY wants to see these in silver?

It'd be nice to have them in several more colours, silver at least.

Perhaps new Eagle vehicles might feature them. I'd like to see titanium metallic too. They made them in gold so obviously metallic colours are no problem.

And do we know anything about Legend Beasts? I heard they're System-built animals with a minifig included.

Hi,

I want to share some news for you:

The Legend Beasts will be brick build "beasts" (lion, eaglke, crocodile, oran-utan, wolf) with minifigs riding on them, priced 9,99 EUR.

They look ok - good.

There will be 5 new sets 70128 - 70132

The new figs look great, the sets themselves ok - great.

70128: a brick built bat in black, lime, dark pink and dark green, minifigs Braptor (bat) and an Eris. Price: 14,99 EUR

70129: a lion jet in orange, looks kinda strange to me, enemy is an brick built scorpion, minifigs are Scotter (Scorpion) and Lavertus. Price: 19,99 EUR

70130: a brick built spider, looks great in black, dark red technic pieces, trans-green elements, minifigs are Sparratus (Spiderr) and Gorzan. Price: 24,99 EUR

70131: a rinozeros on wheels, looks ok to me, colours white and black and grey, minifigs are Sparracon (Spider), Rinona (Rinozeros) and Rogon (rinozeros), price: 32,99 EUR

70132: scorpion thing, brick buolt (of course), in black, trans-dark-green with balls to shoot with, a giant tail; minifigs are Storm (Scorpion), Cragger and Laval

greetings Hendrik

Hi,

The Legend Beasts will be brick build "beasts" (lion, eaglke, crocodile, oran-utan, wolf) with minifigs riding on them, priced 9,99 EUR.

They look ok - good.

{sets}

greetings Hendrik

Thank you for the info! The Legend Beast sets sound really good, but wow... The actual sets are just... eh. Reminds me of the January 2013 wave. :look:

Edited by just2good

Only 5 main sets? Seems like they're downsizing Chima's catalogue for NINJAGO and other things.

Only 5 main sets? Seems like they're downsizing Chima's catalogue for NINJAGO and other things.

Keep in mind, besides the five main sets, we're also getting the two retail exclusives, five Speedorz sets, and five Legend Beasts. Lots of small sets, but yeah, definitely a decrease from this year.

Keep in mind, besides the five main sets, we're also getting the two retail exclusives, five Speedorz sets, and five Legend Beasts. Lots of small sets, but yeah, definitely a decrease from this year.

Yeah, I'm aware of the mini-sets. But a total line-up of 15 sets? True, NINJAGO had a similar decrease but that may have been due to the insane amount of Spinners that were coming out.

EDIT: Well, actually, NINJAGO only "lost" one set. But you know what I mean

Edited by JayWalker

May be a bit smaller, but didn't last year's winter wave also include a bunch of added promo-stuff that somewhat inflated the amount of "releases"? Anyways, while I'm not thrilled at all about the minifig assortments, I really can't wait for pics now!!!

Hi,

They look ok - good.

70128: a brick built bat in black, lime, dark pink and dark green, minifigs Braptor (bat) and an Eris. Price: 14,99 EUR

70129: a lion jet in orange, looks kinda strange to me, enemy is an brick built scorpion, minifigs are Scotter (Scorpion) and Lavertus. Price: 19,99 EUR

70130: a brick built spider, looks great in black, dark red technic pieces, trans-green elements, minifigs are Sparratus (Spiderr) and Gorzan. Price: 24,99 EUR

70131: a rinozeros on wheels, looks ok to me, colours white and black and grey, minifigs are Sparracon (Spider), Rinona (Rinozeros) and Rogon (rinozeros), price: 32,99 EUR

70132: scorpion thing, brick buolt (of course), in black, trans-dark-green with balls to shoot with, a giant tail; minifigs are Storm (Scorpion), Cragger and Laval

greetings Hendrik

Thanks for the info!

Huh. The Bat Tribe colours are really weird- kinda cool though. Nice to see Eris again- I have to somehow get her minifig someday.

So the colours for the new factions are:

Bats: black, lime, dark green and dark pink

Spiders: black, dark red and tr. green (tr. bright green maybe? I can't explain "tr. dark green" otherwise)

Rhinos: white black and grey

Scorpions; black and dark green (and gold ? The scorpion in the book cover is gold and black).

And the Legend Beasts might be interesting. I excepted and hoped for constraction sets, not gonna lie (but those might show up in early Summer like it happened this year), but these might include interesting pieces. Plus they include one minifig each, so one more reason to possibly buy them.

Also to remember is the polybags that get sold through retailers, not just the ones that are promotional. While they aren't the best sets they are a decent price. I am not sure about where they sell in the US but in the UK WHSmith's have them at £2.99.

Thanks very much for the news about the upcoming sets, they sound very interesting! however I fear a slew of brick built arachnids could get a bit boring, especially given Galaxy Squad also features insectoid mechs which could end up being very similar...hopefully these will be unique enough to stand out.

One question, though... do you remember which characters came with the Legend Beasts?

Also, why no Raven Legend Beast? No love for my favourite tribe it seems. :cry_sad:

Agreed! that's something that has really annoyed me, too - perhaps we'll get another wave of them in the summer, or it'll appear as part of a set. I'm annoyed at the lack of ravens in general - it doesn't seem like we're getting any in this first wave of sets for next year!

Hi,

They look ok - good.

greetings Hendrik

Some of these sets sound really interesting. Any idea when we'll get to see pictures of them? Before I get too excited I would like to see them. Depending on the size the Legend Beast could be the big winners here but I would also like to see if the new Bats would work with my Fright Knights.

The Legend Beasts are 9/10 Euro sets, I wouldn't except something huge.

They could be useful for Fantasy settings, I think.

That's exactly what I was thinking of using them for.

Yeah, I am also planning on using them for that or maybe a chima zoo.