Sign in to follow this  
Creatorman

Cracked Joint Syndrome

So a couple years ago, around 09-10, I was really into BIONICLE, but I had an issue which has gone unsolved to this day, cracked joint syndrome. You see, after building, MOCing and playing with my sets a couple of times, hairline cracks appeared, but soon they got as bad as giant cracks. And with most BIONICLE parts retired, the customer service is out. So is there any way to remedy it, certain way to connect the joint, glue or any alternative?

Depending on which joints cracked, you're probably better off just buying different pieces. The 2008-2010 socket mold was incredibly prone to breaking.

Unless the color isn't available, you should see about getting some of the pre-2008 socket pieces. The new socket mold used in constraction lines is also amazingly robust, so if you need some single socket pieces you might want to look into those.

Also, when attaching them, squeeze the sides with your thumb and forefinger. It helps to stop them from cracking when you attach them.

Ugh, I hate when this happens. Especially with the lime green ones. :hmpf_bad:

Pretty much no way to fix a broken socket since the part relies on the plastic's flexibility to serve its purpose. Any attempts to glue the crack will just be undone the next time you pop a ball into it.

Also, when attaching them, squeeze the sides with your thumb and forefinger. It helps to stop them from cracking when you attach them.

It's even worse with the Glatorian heads.

I agree with SmoothJazz. I have a Glatorian head from the first wave of HF sets, and by the 'holding the sides method', it hasn't broken yet.

Also, pull the joints apart. Before, I've bent the joint to pop it apart at the cup, but pulling is the ideal way.

Kalhiki

I agree with SmoothJazz. I have a Glatorian head from the first wave of HF sets, and by the 'holding the sides method', it hasn't broken yet.

Also, pull the joints apart. Before, I've bent the joint to pop it apart at the cup, but pulling is the ideal way.

Kalhiki

Would holding the sides while pulling of the joint help, or would it put extra stress on it?