Artifex

18 Lego Marvel Variants And The Originals They Are Parodying

Hi there!

Just passing by to share this: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/08/12/18-lego-marvel-variants-and-the-originals-they-are-parodying/

I know many people like superheroes, although not many are really that into comic books. So in the link above you will find 18 Lego posters and the original comic books which inspired them.

Enjoy!

PS.: I've read most of the comics in the link above and I got to say that if you like good stories, look for some of them.

Who's that in the Avengers Assemble comic? The winged figure towards the back?

That would be the falcon, i thik hes called that, don't recall exactly. He'll be in the new captain america movie!

Who's that in the Avengers Assemble comic? The winged figure towards the back?

That would be the falcon, i thik hes called that, don't recall exactly. He'll be in the new captain america movie!

That's it, that's the Falcon. He's was one of Captain America's sidekicks but he's raised to be part of the Avengers.

Thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for making my wallet feel 10 pounds lighter. I now really want to get every variant. I can't handle it!

Thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for making my wallet feel 10 pounds lighter. I now really want to get every variant. I can't handle it!

You are welcome! Do yourself a favor and don't get anywhere near Forbidden Planet or Orbital Comics! I try... But I just can't! Ok, I don't even try anymore :tongue:

I've been wanting to see the whole line-up. This is great!

I definitely want every single variant. I need to find a comic store nearby. I've never been to one before, so I don't know where to look.

Anyway, I think my favorite is..I don't know. Gotta have them all!

These covers are getting hard to resist.

Btw, if you are looking for a comic shop, try comicshoplocator.com.

Do you think that Falcon on the cover of Avengers Assemble #1 could be the same Falcon we'll be getting in 2014? Anyways I'm definitely getting at least five of those comics, now the hard part would be to choose which one's without getting all of them.

Do you think that Falcon on the cover of Avengers Assemble #1 could be the same Falcon we'll be getting in 2014?

In the Captain America movie he appears in he is a guy in a regular army combat outfit with black wings. The costume on the comic is identical with the one Falcon has in the Avengers Assemble show on Disney XD but it is not known if they even do sets based on that show.

In the Captain America movie he appears in he is a guy in a regular army combat outfit with black wings. The costume on the comic is identical with the one Falcon has in the Avengers Assemble show on Disney XD but it is not known if they even do sets based on that show.

I've heard a rumor that the Falcon costume will change and evolve in the movie, and he may be in the more traditional red by the end. Which is fine by me. We could get a black suit Ultimate style Falcon and a red traditional one.

I'd love to see that mask appear one day on a future Wolverine minifigure. Wouldn't mind a new variant based on his brown/orange costume either.

That Wolverine mask and his other costume is a must-have for me. I'd also love that Falcon figure, and maybe the Thor one.

I found a comic shop in a nearby city. He said they come out in October and will be extremely hard to find. He didn't even think he was going to be able to get any (and this is one of the bigger stores in the city). He looked at his order sheet and each one was about $20, unless you want the sketch variant and then it shoots up to about $70. I guess I was surprised. I had no idea they would be this collectible. But he also said no one else has come in asking about them yet either. It makes me wonder how many will actually get printed then. I was going to get one of each, but now knowing how much it will cost and how limited the release will be, I will probably pass altogether.

Well, I managed to get a hold of one! :grin: It's the Mighty Avengers variant with Octavius unmasking Peter. Keeping my fingers crossed they continue getting them. Only bad thing, they had a TRU-esque mark up of $11 on it. So, one down...nineteen to go. :sadnew:

That same comic shop called me recently and said they got a few in stock earlier and at a lower price than they originally quoted me. Very odd. One is also the Doc Ock unmasking Peter Parker and one is the Wolverine in the brown suit grinning. He said they were both 1 of 25. Is that 25 different covers, or numbered to 25. I assume 25 total covers, even though the website at the top showed 18 covers. I heard mention of sketch variants, so maybe only 7 of those?

Is the interior also of LEGO comic, or just the cover? I haven't purchased them yet, because I don't know if I want to get it only for the cover or not. Any information helps!

Thanks!

Yeah it's just the cover, and $20 is what I have seen most of them going for in my comic shops. They are nice, but they aren't in any of the lines I'm actually reading at the moment so I think I'll spend the money elsewhere :classic:

That same comic shop called me recently and said they got a few in stock earlier and at a lower price than they originally quoted me. Very odd. One is also the Doc Ock unmasking Peter Parker and one is the Wolverine in the brown suit grinning. He said they were both 1 of 25. Is that 25 different covers, or numbered to 25. I assume 25 total covers, even though the website at the top showed 18 covers. I heard mention of sketch variants, so maybe only 7 of those?

Is the interior also of LEGO comic, or just the cover? I haven't purchased them yet, because I don't know if I want to get it only for the cover or not. Any information helps!

Thanks!

There's 21 total covers according to marvel.com. I hadn't heard of the number limit...25 sounds extremely low, however. That number wouldn't even cover the shops here in California. I would get them when/if you can. I was super excited seeing it on the shelf.

Edited by Legocrazy81