just2good

Disney Princess 2014 Rumors & Discussion

I really the Little Mermaid and Brave sets - I'm impressed with this theme overall - seems a perfect fit for the Friends line.

I hope they expand past the "Princess" theme to give us Lilo & Stitch!

I just saw Frozen last week - I do hope they give us Tangled and Frozen sets!

The Brick Show got a hold of Merida's Highland Games and Cinderellas' Carriage. Watch at your own risk. :tongue:

-Sci

Speaking of video reviews of Disney Princess sets, I bought the Cinderella's Romantic Castle set today at the Sawgrass LEGO Store. Watch at your own risk?? :grin:

It's a fantastic set! I love the pieces, and it's super fun to play with. :laugh:

I also picked up the Tangled set, but that review will be up hopefully tomorrow.

Edited by just2good

just2good nice review. Way better than the brickshow ones. They were really jumpy to me for some reason. Look forward to seeing the Tangled set review.

Thank you! That means a lot to me! :sweet:

Here's a nice picture I took of the Castle set all together, despite being in a rush to take the photo.

11317988196_b5893d2d28.jpg

The Tangled review will be up soon. :classic:

Thanks for the reviews guys! I need to pick up that castle set and probably the tangled one too. How much did you pay for the castle, just2good?

Thanks for the reviews guys! I need to pick up that castle set and probably the tangled one too. How much did you pay for the castle, just2good?

The Castle is $70, while the Tower is $40. :classic:

The Castle is $70, while the Tower is $40. :classic:

$70 :look: ... I might just pick up the tower and Stephanie's beach house from friends. I really just wanted to buy the castle for the variety of interesting pieces but it's too pink and pricey :look:

Here's my Tower of Creativity set video review!

It's another very strong set, but I feel like the floors on the tower are a bit cluttered. I really wish it was $30 in the US, and not $40.

I've been waiting for this review all day. lol. Nice job. I wish it was 30 bucks too, maybe even 35. Forty is pushing it for me. But all in all not a bad set.

Popped into my local Lego store in the UK and they've confirmed that they have the Princess items in stock but can't put them on the shelves until 26th December or 1st January.

Rather annoying as two of the sets would have been Christmas presents!

It would be neat to see 2 Rapunzel towers clam shelled together. I wish they threw in a Mother Gothel minifigure (I refuse to call them dolls). What make these fairytales so great are the antagonists.

I wish they threw in a Mother Gothel minifigure (I refuse to call them dolls). What make these fairytales so great are the antagonists.

Indeed. No to talk about other royalty crew from Cinderella's castle, it's weird to lack Rapaunzel's mother in her own house. Even if there would be more Rapaunzel sets in the future, I can hardly think Gothel fits in any other scene.

What I feel bothered in both this Disney wave or Friends sets is, the included "minidolls" are fewer than those "minifigures" who share the same price and size of their product, because we seldom see other licensed products include minifigures fewer than three and none includes only one. Or maybe this "castle" was somewhere Cinderella went on honeymoon. :hmpf:

So far there are no minidolls of secondary characters or antagonists in this wave, though Merryweather is going to be in Duplo sets. Mulan would be more with this problem since her story is all about army.

Edited by Dorayaki

I was wondering if these would be in Friends-shaped boxes! It's nice that they finally have a "dress" piece that doesn't make the minifig taller than the rest, too bad it's not compatible with regular minifigs. :tongue:

I want these sets mostly so I can add the minifigs in regular Friends sets. :classic:

Edited by Mooch

Finally brought the smallest Little Mermaid set! For the moment, it seems to be only at Target. It wasn't at the LEGO Store last week and wasn't at Toys"R"Us.

I think the set is actually really good! There's lots of nice pieces. It's nice to get two exclusive moulds in the set. The build... meh. But a nice part pack.

What I feel bothered in both this Disney wave or Friends sets is, the included "minidolls" are fewer than those "minifigures" who share the same price and size of their product, because we seldom see other licensed products include minifigures fewer than three and none includes only one. Or maybe this "castle" was somewhere Cinderella went on honeymoon. :hmpf:

I suspect that is because minidolls are more expensive to produce than minifigs.

All these sets look so great, I have no idea how I'll be able to get my hands on them though. At least with my parents not noticing :look:

Why would you have to sneak LEGO from your parents? I know those little bricks are highly addictive, but last time I checked they aren't illegal.

Just to know, the hairpieces are compatible with classic minifigs, just like in Friends..right?

Just to know, the hairpieces are compatible with classic minifigs, just like in Friends..right?

Of course. :classic: