just2good

Disney Princess 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Frozen may also technically be a different license from Princess's at least until Disney formally adds them to the "Princess" list. (With their big crowning ceremony and all)

According to this news, the Snow princess's are rumored to be official Disney Princess but we haven't see official news.

But since it's all about movie money, it seems alittle ridiculous that TLC have to care about Disney Princess list and forgo any considerable benefit. And as said, I don't think TLG have to consider what "Princess list" is unless Disney restrict the characters and stories they can use.

Edited by Dorayaki

But since it's all about movie money, it seems alittle ridiculous that TLC have to care about Disney Princess list and forgo any considerable benefit. And as said, I don't think TLG have to consider what "Princess list" is unless Disney restrict the characters and stories they can use.

As mentioned several times in this thread, they can and do.

The two new princesses will be 'crowned' this year yes, as the 13th and 14th respectively. (Guess who'll be 13!)

I haven't seen these sets in NZ yet but can't wait to get my hands on them. I'm surprised Belle isn't in this first wave - she's the most critically acclaimed princess, and her dolls are the most popular (in australasia at least). Cinderella is the modern 'leader' of the princesses, but Ariel and Belle have always been her right-hand girlz.

Plus, you know, I want a library! And a book in any other shade but pink!

I'd guess Elsa would be 13th because she was the oldest, and the queen (and maybe marginally more popular in the stores? I'm seeing more Anna stuff leftover. Very strange to me because I think Anna is much more approachable than Elsa)

So. who are the first 12 Princesses? We were trying to figure out who they consider Princesses and who not. I know Sleeping Beauty (Aurora) is one -- but one that is not used as often (though I see even less Mulan stuff and NO Jasmine stuff!)

I'd guess Elsa would be 13th because she was the oldest, and the queen (and maybe marginally more popular in the stores? I'm seeing more Anna stuff leftover. Very strange to me because I think Anna is much more approachable than Elsa)

So. who are the first 12 Princesses? We were trying to figure out who they consider Princesses and who not. I know Sleeping Beauty (Aurora) is one -- but one that is not used as often (though I see even less Mulan stuff and NO Jasmine stuff!)

- Snow White

- Cinderella

- Aurora

- Ariel

- Belle

- Jasmine

- Pocahontas

- Mulan

- Tiana

- Rapunzel

- Merida

- Couldn't find a 12th official princess so Elsa and Anna will be 12 and 13.

- Anna

- Elsa

http://disneyprincess.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Disney_Princesses

I believe the missing name is Mei, from Mulan II.

Uh, you may search for the unofficial princesses, and it's toy forum so we don't discuss much here. Though I'd like to see all princess's (heroines) being in Lego.

Edited by Dorayaki

I highly doubt characters from the crappy direct to DVD cheapquels are coronated into the official disney princess court.

I highly doubt characters from the crappy direct to DVD cheapquels are coronated into the official disney princess court.

Generally the official princess has to be the leading protagonist/heroine so the three Chinese princess's can't win an equal title. There has been some "fake princesses" such as Mulan, Esmerald and Jane, for now only Mulan is left in official list. Characters from "direct to DVD" is another problem in Disney system.

At least we have to see a Mulan set coming before this topic.

Edited by Dorayaki

She's not a real princess since she only showed up in a sequel. There's certain criteria they have to meet to be considered as official.

"Each Official Disney Princess must:

A) have a primary role in a Disney animated feature film,

B) be human or closely human-like (i.e. Ariel), and,

C) not appear primarily in a sequel. The actual title of Princess (or equivalent) is not necessary, but certainly helps."

Edited by Crackerjack

Saw all the sets at Toys R Us today, Cinderella's Castle looks amazing, might have to pick it up myself. Also, the designers videos are just adults building the sets with children, is there a reason for this? I know that the girls aren't very likely to just sit down and watch an actual designers video, but I would be interested to know if they had an all female team working on this project. But whoever it was, they sure did a great job.

Dorayaki, which Jane are you referring to, Tarzan or Return to Never Land?

Jane Poster, the "Tarzaness". She once appeared in official magazine but never returns again. Well, Tarzan could also be a nice theme for Lego, ironically there is a new movie last year. The "next generation" such as "Wendy II", Kiara and Melody are not considered to be Disney classics for a natural reason, I guess.

She's not a real princess since she only showed up in a sequel. There's certain criteria they have to meet to be considered as official.

C) not appear primarily in a sequel. The actual title of Princess (or equivalent) is not necessary, but certainly helps."

Uh, you mean she's unofficial, right? Mei is a princess.

Sequels, aka "direct to DVD" is another minor but important topic in Disney World. (The point isn't the "sequel". There have been too many Disney sequel license such as Toy Story and PotC.) Mei and her sisters are not "qualified" as non-protagonists, most people can agree with this. However, there are conflicts in some pairs such as Esemerald and Madellaine from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Esemerald was once honored as a Disney Princess, but Madellaine, not to say a title, she seems to get very little prestige in Disney world.

I personally don't see it's a convincible "criteria" since it would lead fans to reject any media work from TV series and DVDs.

Another example is Sofia the first from a TV mediawork. She has a chance since Jake the Pirate was there. Still as said, we can only investigate in depth after most Disney stories are in the Lego world.

Edited by Dorayaki

Of the list of princesses, the ones I would most like to see in a set would be Jasmine and Snow White.

A set with Jasmine and Aladdin would be awesome. Snow White would also be a neat one to have but the one I really want in a set is Sleeping Beauty.

I wonder how many Dwarves they'd be able to fit into a Snow White set, I'd buy one the day of! I'd also like to see some love for Sleeping Beauty, maybe with a dragon? Since Malificient (spell that right?) is getting a movie this year, I'd say the likeliness of Snow White getting a set is very high, but at the same time, we would've heard something by now right? And maybe the dragon is also pushing it...

Snow White will probably be in a future set but likely without the drawves. It would most likely come with Snow White, The Prince, and the glass coffin.

I'd love to see the full set of dwarves in one set too, but having 8-9 minifigs in a potentially small set doesn't seem like something LEGO would do. They could create a few Snow White themed sets and include two or three dwarfs in each set which would be nice.

I'd love to see the full set of dwarves in one set too, but having 8-9 minifigs in a potentially small set doesn't seem like something LEGO would do. They could create a few Snow White themed sets and include two or three dwarfs in each set which would be nice.

The major issue should be that the Disney sets of first waves don't include more than three minidolls. If the won't be more minidolls in future sets, not to say seven dwarves, we can even hardly see Cinderella with her sisters and stepmother.

The fastest way would still be making darves' house with all characters. Or there aren't too many choices in Snow White, maybe the workplace mine, the cliff and the funeral.

Edited by Dorayaki

Do you think dwarves would be a new model? Like a smaller sized mini-doll? Then they could pass (without the beards!) for kids right, in the mini doll world? Cause that would rule.

Ever since my 5yo discovered my old Bellville (replete with mother, child and baby) she's been on at me to somehow magically 'build' kids and babies from the minidoll. They'd be huge, huge sellers.

Do you think dwarves would be a new model? Like a smaller sized mini-doll? Then they could pass (without the beards!) for kids right, in the mini doll world? Cause that would rule.

For unknown reason we've not seen children characters in Friends. Kids would be an interesting addition there. For the dwarves, the concerned part would be whether they have a newly molded head instead of a regular one.

I didn't expect to see minidolls mainly because I don't think minidolls can meet the diversity of Disney characters.

Edited by Dorayaki