just2good

Disney Princess 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Original Post Spoilered

From a source of mine, it is slated that we're getting a new 2014 LEGO theme aimed towards girls, separate from the Friends theme. All we know for this theme is that in the initial wave, there will be six sets initially and it is based off a new IP.

Though it is still unannounced, I'm really curious for what this will be. I'm hoping it's an action theme for girls with some minidolls. Seeing how Friends was successful, why not? What do y'all think this theme will be about?

And if the staff feel it's too early, feel free to lock this topic up. I just think this topic should be used to discuss what type of theme (Action, Historic, Casual, ect) will be before the sets come out.

---

According to All About Bricks and other sources, this theme will be All About Disney Princesses! :grin:

Here is the six set rumor list that will have minidolls in it:

41050 Ariel’s Secret Treasures

10823176426_f877e3ea8c_b.jpg

41051 Merida’s Highland Games

10823140075_16c5e5bfcb_b.jpg

41052 Ariel’s Magical Kiss

10823174086_fc84c45d3d_b.jpg

41053 Cinderella’s Enchanted Carriage

10823136945_6b8fa1b90d_b.jpg

41054 Rapunzel’s Tower of Creativity

10823281234_09c36589f7_b.jpg

41055 Cinderella’s Castle Romance

10823171306_d11d82a0c9_b.jpg

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Updated with pictures.

It could be something very similar to Friends but in a completely different setting. Non real-life I'd imagine. That's a gamble for starters. An alternative is that it uses minifigs instead. That's also a gamble, as it seems the girls prefer the minidolls.

It could be some sort of Disney Princess-like thing (without the Disney) made for older girls than Duplo is, fairy-tale type fantasy but avoiding licences etc. I assume you meant that this is an original TLG IP theme.

Action would be funny- Friends had a disappointing lack of flick missiles :wacko:

They could've had flick-fire handbags...

I wouldn't mind seeing the friends figures expanded into other themes, other than the "city" friends that we've currently seen. Maybe an adventure theme...

Hi

this is going to be Lego Technic Grrrrls

New colors, shiny gold, pretty pink and posh purple :)

First flagship set will be the "Kitchen Aid" :D

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

Sorry but am I the only one who thinks this name is weird?

Probably because you're the only one to take it seriously. :wink:

^ That exchange made me laugh.

I think this could be good news. I keep hoping that they'll bring back a mini fig scale theme. Friends has been pretty successful, so maybe they see that there is demand for this. Going back to the 80s & 90s, the sets that were put in the "girls" themes (Paradisa, etc) I felt were more of what AFOLs are looking for. Good sets, new colors, and generally more of the day-to-day citizen life that the City theme has lacked.

So shorter version: I'm interested to see what TLG has in store for us.

With Friends just taking off, it would seem strange for them to come out with a competitive theme, especially if they decide to go back to minifigures. It could be something complementary to the Friends theme, ala:

7535-1.jpg

What I really want is for this Cuusoo project to get produced: Female Minifigure Set

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

Edited by badbob001

Bad bob,

NICE builds! It us so much fun finding cool things for LEGO gals to do!

I'll gladly buy any new theme starring females because we all want any kind if pieces we can get in those very cool colors! Wow!

Mighty Metal Friends! Mia-mauler, Maya-masher, Stephanie-stomper, Kate-krusher, Andrea-annihilator and Emma-eviscerator. They were mocked. They were belittled. Now the girls are mad as heck and out to settle the score....

I wouldn't mind seeing the friends figures expanded into other themes, other than the "city" friends that we've currently seen. Maybe an adventure theme...

I did wonder if the Friends world was going to be limited by the characters -- how many cars can one girl have, after all? And boats. And hobbies. I was figuring they'd expand the base of core characters and delve deeper into other characters. A new world (new Neighborhood? Maybe set in a different "feel" than generic city) gives another direction to go.

I did wonder if the Friends world was going to be limited by the characters -- how many cars can one girl have, after all? And boats. And hobbies. I was figuring they'd expand the base of core characters and delve deeper into other characters. A new world (new Neighborhood? Maybe set in a different "feel" than generic city) gives another direction to go.

Yeah, we've got a multitude of the girls going on at our house right now--particularly three Stephanies and two Mias. I was glad when they introduced "Kate" in the jetski as a standalone character just for some variety.

This is good. I'm glad that with the success of LEGO Friends, the LEGO Group isn't going to just rest on their laurels. I wonder if the new theme will be a similar mini-doll theme but in a separate genre (i.e. new theme is to Castle or Space as Friends is to City), or if it will be aimed at a different sort of building altogether. Of course, I don't expect it to be pushing the envelope too much, so I doubt it'd be a constraction theme, and I don't expect it to be a basic brick-building theme as Creator is already one of the LEGO Group's more gender-neutral themes.

A girl-oriented fantasy or sci-fi theme would be welcome — of the two, I'd say fantasy is more likely just because fantasy franchises for girls have a stronger media profile today than sci-fi ones do. We don't have a whole lot to speculate on, but whatever it is I hope it does well and presents the same strong design values as LEGO Friends.

Of all the girl-oriented IPs that exist right now, the only one I can think of that is available for TLG and big enough to make a lot of money would be Disney Princesses or possibly Disney Fairies. The Princesses line already exists in Duplo, of course, but I think now that Friends has proven that older girls will buy construction toys the Princesses are ripe for a System invasion. This could be one of the biggest Lego themes ever. Like Superheroes, there are countless possibilities for sets. And unlike Superheroes, the IP rights all belong to one company, which already has a relationship with Lego.

I'm not betting against an all new IP, though. TLG could certainly invent a new action theme for girls and keep all the money for themselves. Anyone who thinks "action for girls" is a joke needs to take a good look at the revenues from MLP, Winx Club and Disney Fairies. Those three properties are pulling in money hand over fist, and while they aren't exactly shoot-em-ups they are all about adventure. Plus sparkles and the power of friendship, of course. I think you could make an INCREDIBLE Lego theme using those cues.

I hope to god its the return of Fabuland.

Fabuland was not a "girl's theme", it was aimed for children whose building skills were in between Duplo and System sets. I think the sets appealed equally to both boys and girls, which would still be a perfect way to do it, but unfortunately the toy business today has been heavily separated by gender.

If this rumoured theme is licensed, I personally hope for a Disney Princess-theme with minidolls. Disney Fairies isn't too farfetched, either.

I want something like Totally Spies! (the first few series anyway) that would be awesome! :laugh:

No, no.......I say original Charlies Angels ! :laugh:

There is some Disney princess products coming next year, they use the same body sizes as the Freinds characters. Could this be what your thinking of?