Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

We have a culture of tale telling that looks back at a several century old tradition, we have used runes to write things down for a while, we have sailors who are more knowledgeable, daring and advanced than anyone else and we have herb folk who know how to cook a medicine from every little grass root, ...

Yet those stuck up Kaliphlins feel like they have invented culture ... ridiculous!

As for the drow, we sure are going to kick the hell out of their butts, which is something we've been doing since the beginning of book I. Proof:

sscn0263.jpg

sscn0271.jpg

This painting was taken in a time, when Mpya Stedor still actively traded with the drow! So who's to say we're chickening out?

Make sure you got all Kaliphlin against the drow.

Last time I visited Mpya Stedor in November (at the BMA) I saw two LEGO cups full of transparent plates ready to be shiped to Angeli!

We have a culture of tale telling that looks back at a several century old tradition, we have used runes to write things down for a while, we have sailors who are more knowledgeable, daring and advanced than anyone else and we have herb folk who know how to cook a medicine from every little grass root, ...

Yet those stuck up Kaliphlins feel like they have invented culture ... ridiculous!

As for the drow, we sure are going to kick the hell out of their butts, which is something we've been doing since the beginning of book I. Proof:

This painting was taken in a time, when Mpya Stedor still actively traded with the drow! So who's to say we're chickening out?

Make sure you got all Kaliphlin against the drow.

Last time I visited Mpya Stedor in November (at the BMA) I saw two LEGO cups full of transparent plates ready to be shiped to Angeli!

Oh centuries old tradition? That's cute, Kaliphlin has Millenniums of tradition! We can let you borrow some culture if you need it, we have pick a brick cups full of it.

GEAR Co. has been firmly against the Drow from the beginning, we even used germ warfare upon them! (my very first Historica post).

I am not so sure what is happening in Mpya Stedor, DM is AWOL right now and many of his troops are occupying Eastgate. I like that you saw his shipment though, that was pretty funny. Like Angeli needs more transparent pieces!!!

Edited by SkaForHire

First they came for the Nocturnians, and I did not speak out because I was not a Nocturnian.

Then they came for the Avalonians, and I did not speak out because I was not a Avalonian.

Then they came for the Kaliphlinites, and I did not speak out because I was not a Kaliphlinite.

Then they came for me, and I gathered all my friends and beat the Drow into the sea.

i'm not sure I'm to comfortable with you making spin of that poem, but either way I like what your hinting at.

First they came for the Nocturnians, and I did not speak out because I was not a Nocturnian.

Then they came for the Avalonians, and I did not speak out because I was not a Avalonian.

Then they came for the Kaliphlinites, and I did not speak out because I was not a Kaliphlinite.

Then they came for me, and I gathered all my friends and beat the Drow into the sea.

I like! :laugh:

Or as Eric Grimmson would have it in his best days: Say No to Drow. Unfurtunately nobody listened to him when he ran for PM on that platform, and now you can see the results.

I have been really busy these past few weeks, but I am trying to sort out a day that I can get back to making some MOCs for Mitgardia.

@Admiral Khan: Good to hear :thumbup:

I've just about got another free build finished, I'll post a WIP pic today :classic:

I got my phase 3 barracks almost ready but i am away from home this week. So pics coming next week

I'm looking forward to the builds :wink:

Personally I haven't really got anything done yet (to much traveling, and it is a bit hard to work in the van).

I hope to get the phase II builds done sometime soon, not quite sure how long it could take though :grin:

Here's the WIP pic:

000_0356.JPG

I'll probably post the finished build sometime around Sunday

Edited by soccerkid6

Looks great so far SK! I really like those grey arches inside there!

So I nearly have my phase 3 barracks completed, well, actually, it is completed, I'm just having difficulty furnishing the inside, anyways, WiP pic

13025835423_63dde94fdb.jpg

We actually don't grab land like greedy Avalonians do, but you may place your villiage or town whereever you'd like to.

@jakon: looking promising!

So I'm working on my phase III categories for Archery, Barracks, and Stables (I'll bet you can't guess why...) and I need some imput. How big do you all think the footprint should be for these? I've started with a 32x32 base and a one story building. It looks okay to me, but as my builds will be up for voting, I want to make sure everyone else thinks they look good too :wink:

Great to see all the activity going on :wink:

@MKJoshA, although 32x32 would be fine I would advise you to build a rectangular build instead of a square one, they tend to turn out a bit better (they look less cluttered) :classic:

Just my opinion, though, I'm not sure how others think about it :grin:

guys, if you post you phase III baracks, stable or archery range entries, please make sure that you post a link to the topic in the HoM thread. It keeps things simpler!