Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I love ur freebuild Soccerkid, the room looks comfy and warm. Also i have a question: Yellow or flesh head for the sigfig? :D

Edited by McTraul

1 hour ago, McTraul said:

I love ur freebuild Soccerkid, the room looks comfy and warm. Also i have a question: Yellow or flesh head for the sigfig? :D

That's up to you! I prefer yellow, but others prefer flesh, so just pick one you like best!

On 1/14/2017 at 2:57 PM, McTraul said:

Thanks! And as Alfadas said, it's up to you which you prefer. Though yellow seems to be more common in Guilds of Historica.

New freebuild:

32284545146_9da69c4e01_z.jpg

Looking great! Nice to see a better glimpse of it :grin:

WIP sharing has long been a tradition in the guilds, so feel free to keep us updated with your progress, or even ask for advice if you get stuck on a section :classic:

I'm trying to find a place to put my elves, and I was wondering if anyone had laid "claim" to the isles of solitude. 

Thanks in advance! :classic:

-Trooper919

12 minutes ago, Trooper919 said:

I'm trying to find a place to put my elves, and I was wondering if anyone had laid "claim" to the isles of solitude. 

Thanks in advance! :classic:

-Trooper919

I don't think there's such a thing as "claiming" in Mitgardia, as it is in Kaliphlin or Nocturnus. Therefore, I think the Isles of Solitude don't belong to any one user, though maybe someone can clarify this for me. So I think you can put your elves on the Isles. However the proper place for elves is Avalonia. :wink:

@Brandon Stark Sorry if the word claiming was misleading :look:. I put the quotation marks around the word because I knew it wasn't correct, but I couldn't find a better word. I really asked because I didn't want to interfere with anyone's storyline.

I thought about joining Avalonia since my main faction of elves are wood elves, but I also wanted to make some more "Mitgardian"- like elves. Again sorry if this was misleading :look:.

@Trooper919 It's okay. If you meant "claim" as in if someone has a story line there or something like that, then I also think that it is fine. There have not been any builds there at least since I joined, though I believe SkaForHire had a build there or something. 

I am proud to present my sig fig, Aithlin. He is a member of the elite elvish Ranger corp of which the ones shown were only a part. Although Aithlin is blind, a result of torture at the hands of a goblin warlord, he is one of the best shots  in the corp, and is an excellent swordsman because his father is an elvish knight who trained Aithlin to follow in his footsteps. The older elf next to Aithlin is Ehrandir, the leader of the corps. Ehrandir trained Aithlin and is almost like a father to him. The rangers have wolf pendants are a symbol of their wolf mounts, and their sashes are a symbol of authority, with the larger the sashe, the more authority. The rangers are a close knit group and protect the borders of the elvish kingdom of Audubon. Audubon is located on the southernmost and largest island in the isles of solitude. In the mountains there are groups of mountain elves (or Grey Elves), snow elves, and goblins. There are orcs living in a part of the forest where no no plants grow and the orcs are only kept from invading mitgardia through elvish border defense.

( Sorry for the long story and not having pictures in the post I haven't figured out how to do that yet.)

Edited by Trooper919

I would like to join Mitgardia.

But I have one question first, In the world of Historica are there elves, dwarfs, orcs, trolls and other strange creatures.

Thank you

4 minutes ago, pigs54 said:

But I have one question first, In the world of Historica are there elves, dwarfs, orcs, trolls and other strange creatures.

Thank you

@pigs54 Yes, elves dwarves, orcs, trolls, etc. are a crucial part of Guilds of Historica, and my sig fig is an elf. Dwarves are typically found in Mitgardia, elves are typically found in Avalonia, Kaliphlin is a mix of elves, dwarves, and men, and last but not least Nocturnus houses all kinds of twisted and strange creatures. There are no restrictions on what creatures can be in what guilds, so if you want to join just pick a guild and make a sig fig.

13 minutes ago, pigs54 said:

Thank you

Yes, all of those races exist here in the realms of Historica. As Trooper919 said, there are no restrictions on what can be where, so you could be a Nocturnian elf, an Avalonian orc, a Kaliphlinian dwarf, or a Mitgardian troll, regardless of where such creatures are "usually" found. Humans (yellowface or fleshies, whichever you prefer) are found everywhere. As a general rule, if it is based on a sort of historical/medieval fantasy world, it belongs in Historica. Dragons, wizards, necromancers, swamp creatures, fairies, lava-born, ice beasts, or whatever, all are found here and welcomed. So welcome to the guilds! Step one is to post a picture of your sigfig to the guild you wish to join (Mitgardia, in your case, so in this thread here) along with a name and usually some sort of backstory, though how much and to what degree of detail is entirely up to you. If you ever have questions, post here in your guild thread or use the New Member Guide, which serves as a sort of community Q&A board. I look forward to seeing your builds!

The start of a new Northern village/town, Mid-River:

Northern Clan Homestead

32245663134_c397b220f6_n.jpg

Also for AoM, house Phase I :classic:

And on another side note, does anyone else have a really long story planned out for Cat C? :grin:

Edited by Legofin2012

I am proud to present Ethelwulf Godbald. He hunts wild animals to make a living. He is talented with a sword.

32371893934_a2e639756e_n.jpgDSC05942 (2) by noah stevens, on Flickr

This is his house

33059460652_7e74e54fde_n.jpgDSC05944 (2) by noah stevens, on Flickr

I am kind of confused on what I do and what the challenges are.

I am also terrible at photography so if you have tips please let me know.

Thanks.

Edited by pigs54
a grammar error

Welcome to the Guilds, Pigs54! Nice looking fig you have there. 

As far as your confusion, you have successfully completed the first step in joining the Guilds, namely, that you have posted your sigfig and a small amount of backstory. Now that you have joined, you are free to build whatever you want for your own story (starting a new topic for each new build--I would actually recommend posting Ethelwulf's house in its own topic so that more people will see it and give it feedback). There are several challenges going on right now as well, particularly Challenge V. Category A is finished, but B and C are still open. You are free (and encouraged!) to participate in those. Other than that, just get building! Ask questions when you have them. 

Again, welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

I am proud to present my first free build. This is also my one largest build ever(I think?). The base is 52x48.

I have one question about starting a new topic, is there anything special about naming the thread or do I just name it whatever?

32461541133_24b2508490_n.jpgDSC05994 by noah stevens, on Flickr

33148284281_605a39eff5_n.jpgDSC05997 by noah stevens, on Flickr

33276307595_1ba5b43fb0_n.jpgDSC05999-1 by noah stevens, on Flickr

If you have any tips for my building or photography please let me know.

Thanks

Edited by pigs54