Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Before I join, I wanted to run my sig-fig's story by you guys.

My sig-fig was born and raised in Northern Avalonia. During Challenge II, he left for Mitgardia in hope of uniting the two guilds against a common enemy. There, he heard rumours of the Johannsons' secret tunnel. Now, he seeks the Brothers' mine and to ally with the dwarves to fight the Drow.

My sig-fig's flag is Avalonia dark green and Mitgardian green because it represents the guilds united. His army is both Avalonians and Mitgardians that have joined his cause.

I just wanted to make sure whether everyone's ok (or not ok) with the idea of Avalonians and Mitgardians together.

Thanks!

Edited by Wildspeaker

your idea sounds great but wait with fleshing out until we announce the challenge ;-)

I was hoping to have two builds up before the end of this week but a bricklink order seems to be taking forever :( hope to have it up by the end of the week...

...@Garmadon: Looks great! Love the tree and color combinations.

Thanks Janatale!

I'm separated from my bricks until about mid November that will be my last build for a while.

However I should be back with all my bricks before Challenge III ends, so you can probably expect something pretty big for that :wink:

Edited by Garmadon

Before I join, I wanted to ask what pieces you recommend picking up? I'm new to mocing.

White. Lots and lots of white. :wink:

Mitgardia may be known for snowy mountains, but there's all kinds of terrain & climate. A bunch of us love dark tan bricks & plates as a basic 'ground' color... dark & light bleys make for good rocky mountainsides and rustic castles & fortresses. Dark brown anything is pretty wonderful, and you can never have too many barrels full of ale, mead, etc on those cold winter nights in the north. But there are temperate areas, too. I guess that's more "colors" more than pieces... um... lots of slopes, tiles, castle-y stuff, etc? And some green & yellow bits and/or flags to mark a build as Mitgardian (tho I think it's only a 'requirement' in certain cases, if that). And a whole mountain of dwarves. :laugh:

Very well said by Venkefedo. Small note from me, the most important thing is to order a green and a yellow flag like he mentioned. Regarding colors we have regions of each kind. Even avalonian style regions (Tundra) where I mostly build because my brick collection doesnt have much white pieces.

So its up to you what you like most. (Having colorful bricks is more versatile in case you want to build something else and not a snowy scene.)

Edited by Gunman

Silence in Mitgardia... :)

Lets quote myself.

"Anyone from Czech Republic guys??? I am travelling there 1st week of December. I know there is a private Lego museum there with a shop (and I think a Lego wall also?)but I read the prices are normal-expensive.

Any unofficial shop with Lego wall for bulk bricks or something or whatever good Lego shop?? :)"

Whats your main problem??? Did you decided what will be your main colors?? If yes, do you have enough plates and different sizes of them?

@: Wildspeaker: on the first page of the History forum you can see a link to a whole bunch of tutorials. Use these for a start or just scroll down these 75 of GoH madness and look at other mocs for inspiration.

@Gunman I was going to use dark tan, but I didn't have enough plates. Now I'm stumped.

@Kabel Thanks, I'll give those a look. Do you have any pictures of the tundra?

Edited by Wildspeaker

Well you will have to bricklink some plates for sure then.. or change color.. :sceptic:

edit: the mocs in my sig are tundra located btw.

Edited by Gunman

@Gunman I was going to use dark tan, but I didn't have enough plates. Now I'm stumped.

@Kabel Thanks, I'll give those a look. Do you have any pictures of the tundra?

Use the search button for "Landscapes of Mitgardia" or "LoM" and you should find some good examples. I'd give you a link but: 1. I'm lazy today, and, 2. "teach a man to fish...."

The links for it are on the first page of this thread, no need to post them again!

Sir Gareth

15385573355_d35c002e82.jpg

Sir Gareth by ~ Sir Gareth ~, on Flickr

Sir Gareth was born and raised in Avalonia. He trained from youth and became an honored knight. After the Avalonia Civil War, Gareth traveled to Mitgardia in search of an answer to the Drow.

Expect a more in-depth backstory once Challenge III offically starts.

Edited by Wildspeaker

Welcome to the North, Sir Gareth, looking forward to more of your story!

Edited by Garmadon