Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Turtan von Dornsald

P1010918.jpg

Turtan von Dornsald had always wanted to be a brave warrior. On a sunny day when he was fishing he found the mighty sword of lorvyus.

This sword gave him a boost to use it for evil he had always been poor as a child as his parents where killed in a civil war many years ago.

After he met Lorka he learned to be calm and fight for the good rights of the people from Mitgardia.

This is Also my first medieval/fantasy themed build :)

This my first try on a river aswell.

Edited by clonebricksNL

Welcome to Mitgardia Turtan :)

Edit: nearly finished my tower phase II, waiting on a bricklink order this week so should have it finished :)

Edited by IenjoyLego89

Welcome, brother. Good intro build. Love all the color and variety in the plants.

slightly overpopulated North ;-)

Bullcrap, couldn't get enough people to populate this large territory!

Welcome to the best guild Turtan!

Waiting for your AoM entries Alfadas,Ienjoylego :wink:

All welcome to the slightly overpopulated North ;-)

If the valleys and tundra get too crowded, there's always room in the cavernous cities under the mountains! Just be careful, some ancient, lost settlements in the deep dark might now be home to less friendly folk than most of the great Dwarven clans...

Really nice landscape here, though I might suggest a few baseplates to vary the height a little. Welcome to the Guilds :classic:

@cbnl: if you made it a single thread in the main GoH topic I'm sure you would recieve more feedback. The forum has become so large that not everybody watches every guild anymore.

Welcome to the North ClonebricksNL!

Anyways, Here is the ship I am working on:

15074495899_1776811b4a_z.jpg

I don't know a lot about Medieval ships, I am going for a Caravel I think. Any obvious changes I should make?

Great snotwork/smooth surface! I really like this wip. I cant advice you for ships tho :/

No slavery in Mitgardia pal, leave that to savage Kaliphlin. Northerners are a free people!

No slavery in Mitgardia pal, leave that to savage Kaliphlin. Northerners are a free people!

Oh that old lie again. Our guild leader is a freed slave. Want to have another naval battle about it?

:laugh:

Is "free people" what you Mitgardians call your thralls?? :wink:

Or maybe the thralls are not Northeners but decended from prisoners of war from other guilds?

Out of character: I think the Historica setting where "might means right" would probably imply that there to some extent are unfree people in all guilds, even if the forms may look differently. Slavery in Kaliphlin and Nocturnus, serfdom in feudal Avalonia and thralldom in Mitgardia?

Edited by Gideon

Want to have another naval battle about it?

How about a "workers in the other guild" mini challenge?

Welcome to Mitgardia, Turtan, and welcome back Admiral Khan!

I am going to try to get a freebuild or two up in the next few days to get my character back from Avalonia.

@Janatale, the ship looks great so far, can't wait to see it completed :wink:

@janatale: nice start. But you should give the hull more of a curve. That's why I always use the prefab hulls. I'd also say that the hull is a tad too long. Other than that it's great to see more ships being build. Mine will appear pretty soon too!