Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I was going to come in here and drop a load about the history of slavery and the vast differences between Medieval Europe, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, African, Age of Discovery, and Post Bacon's Rebellion (the kind most people think about when they are talking about the Old South) slavery, but I see that we have moved onto the finer points of life in this guild thread: what Mitgardians use to do their business. Now I know why they buy so much of our scented oil.

I was going to come in here and drop a load about the history of slavery and the vast differences between Medieval Europe, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, African, Age of Discovery, and Post Bacon's Rebellion (the kind most people think about when they are talking about the Old South) slavery

ah man too bad, it's been a while since I've last read Sobel, Jordan, Kolchin ... could have needed a little refreshment lecture on the issue :tongue:

William Bright packed his things and moved in to Mitgardia!

12719336434_77cc3a7404.jpg

(I'm sorry that there's no green flag in the picture, but I'll add it to my next bricklink order)

William Bright is the brother of Maxime and Alexander Bright.

These 3 brothers have lived together for their whole life and

now that they've passed the Mitgardian border, they decided

that they had to earn some money. They established the Mitgardian

Assassins. This was an obvious decision because they're really good

with almost any kind of weapon and they commonly robbed

stores and people when they were younger. The Mitgardian

citizens don't have to be scared of them, as long as they

pay them. (Maxime and Alexander will be introduced in some

MOC's I'm planning to make)

Welcome William Bright!! Nice to have you in our forces. If you still havent placed your bl order, put a yellow flag also because we use yellow and green not gold. *tiny issue but just saying.

Once again welcome and happy mocing!

Welcome! I can't wait to see what the Mitgardian Assassins do! (As long as they stick to killing non-Mitgardians). :wink:

The Mitgardian

citizens don't have to be scared of them, as long as they

pay them.

What a loyal Mitgardian!! :wink:

But most welcome to GoH anyways!

Welcome William Bright!! Nice to have you in our forces. If you still havent placed your bl order, put a yellow flag also because we use yellow and green not gold. *tiny issue but just saying.

Once again welcome and happy mocing!

@Gunman

Thanks! I do own a few yellow flags, I will use those in the future

And a 'green' green one!

Welcome to Mitgardia!

... The Mitgardian citizens don't have to be scared of them, as long as they pay them.

That makes me want to watch my back and take a torch with me every time I walk past an alley...

Welcome to Mitgardia, William Bright, nice fig and looking forward to see what your going to do with him :wink:

Welcome to the Guilds of Historica! I'm looking forward to your builds :wink:.

Hey Ska, still waiting for this lecture of yours :tongue:

Actually, I was tempted to give a nice long lecture too. But rogueang's comment stopped me. :grin:

Actually, I was tempted to give a nice long lecture too. But rogueang's comment stopped me. :grin:

This was exactly my intent - Mission accomplished!

I like to avoid deep philosophical, ethical or moral discussions in GoH that have evoke very strong reactions in people. Let's keep it mild, just like our seasons.

Hey Ska, still waiting for this lecture of yours :tongue:

Pay to take the class? haha. No I agree with Rogueang here, slavery is too heavy of a topic for a light-hearted discussion. I would assume that most slaves in historica would be less the chattel variety and more the traditional servant / POW variety. I really don't want to think of it past that, and as I stated from the beginning of my character, he is against it. You will probably see very few, if any MOCs depicting slavery from me because I am a little uncomfortable with it existing in a world based around a child's toy to begin with. But Some people like their realism, and I am not going to tell someone what to do with their toys.

Hersir of Mitgardia and AoM challenge entry Phase lll stables finished, tomorrow pics will be up. Turned out better then expected.

I finished a free build today. It should be posted this afternoon or tomorrow.

What? No building!!!! It ruins the flow of trashtalk! :tongue:

It ruins the flow of trashtalk! :tongue:

Oh my, how could this have happened?

Oh, don't let me stop you. You keep right on trash-talking and I'll keep right on building :wink:

The 4th chapter of my and Infernum's collab is up:

overview.JPG

Ha, ha :laugh: !

I finally started working on Barracks phase I and should finish it in a few days :classic:

Oh, don't let me stop you. You keep right on trash-talking and I'll keep right on building :wink:

The 4th chapter of my and Infernum's collab is up:

Excellent work!

Despite that I shouldn't be building anything because of my workload right now, I actually have many MoCs in process and have one finished but can't post it because it is in a storyline further down the road, but I haven't finished the MOCs that come first! But I do have one for you Mitgardians almost ready.... Just need to live through this weekend of hell-work in order to get a chance to finish it.

I usually find that I build most when there's something else that really needs to be done. :look:

At least the procrastinating seems to be something we all have in common. 10 term papers to be corrected over the weekend? - the heck, gotta have to get more bricks today ...