Ecclesiastes

Book II - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Two questions: Is it necessary to use green/yellow in a sigfig? This is a problem because the only minifig parts I have are from the Castle: Fantasy Era sets. And am I allowed to introduce a large group of characters in Mitgardia? (About 10 who form a group of Mitgardian mercenaries, using minifig parts from the Fantasy Era sets.)

It doesn't have an obvious color pattern, you could probably improve that by playing around with it a bit more. Also the tile on the bottom should be black to match the rest of the frame.

thanks, I was just trying it out, and I've been having a hard time finding a black tile, I might change the black plates to gray

@janatale, thanks, I'll definitely work on a pattern, the link will help :classic:

thanks, I was just trying it out, and I've been having a hard time finding a black tile, I might change the black plates to gray...

Brown works well too!

Two questions: Is it necessary to use green/yellow in a sigfig? This is a problem because the only minifig parts I have are from the Castle: Fantasy Era sets. And am I allowed to introduce a large group of characters in Mitgardia? (About 10 who form a group of Mitgardian mercenaries, using minifig parts from the Fantasy Era sets.)

Q 1: No. All you have to have is some variation of your chosen guild's flag: Mitgardia is green and yellow, Avalonia is dark green and sand green, Kaliphlin is dark blue and red, Nocturnus is red and gold or black and white for the usurpers (see Book II Challenge 1). They can be any type of flag, even brick built.

Q 2: You need to choose one fig as your sig fig, but you can have secondary and tertiary characters. Many have groups ranging from small bands to large armies.

You don't have to limit yourself to TLG Castle figs for characters. There are fig parts from quite a few themes usable here in Historica. Get creative.

Here is the latest version of my stain glass window,

https://lh5.googleus...s2048/photo.JPG

A definite improvement, much easier to tell what's going on! I would guess that the reason for the dk blue slope is lack of other pieces? If so, I'd suggest that you use two solid color slopes to give at least the impression of a pattern. Eg, this, but in your case with a solid color giving the middle decoration.

A definite improvement, much easier to tell what's going on! I would guess that the reason for the dk blue slope is lack of other pieces? If so, I'd suggest that you use two solid color slopes to give at least the impression of a pattern. Eg, this, but in your case with a solid color giving the middle decoration.

thanks, but there isn't a blue piece in here, it's a dk green slope(it's probably hard to tell) I was trying to make the center the mitgardian colors, thanks for the feed back anyway

thanks, but there isn't a blue piece in here, it's a dk green slope(it's probably hard to tell) I was trying to make the center the mitgardian colors, thanks for the feed back anyway

Much better, nice work with the window :classic:

However, as Kai mentioned, the solid colors in the middle look a bit odd... if you want to keep them there you should probably make all four in the middle solid (two green, two yellow) :wink:

Much better, nice work with the window :classic:

However, as Kai mentioned, the solid colors in the middle look a bit odd... if you want to keep them there you should probably make all four in the middle solid (two green, two yellow) :wink:

good idea, thanks for the tips guys :classic:

I see what you were going for now... actually pretty good, a clearer picture would have done the trick!

Q 1: No. All you have to have is some variation of your chosen guild's flag: Mitgardia is green and yellow, Avalonia is dark green and sand green, Kaliphlin is dark blue and red, Nocturnus is red and gold or black and white for the usurpers (see Book II Challenge 1). They can be any type of flag, even brick built.

Q 2: You need to choose one fig as your sig fig, but you can have secondary and tertiary characters. Many have groups ranging from small bands to large armies.

You don't have to limit yourself to TLG Castle figs for characters. There are fig parts from quite a few themes usable here in Historica. Get creative.

Thanks! The reason I use castle minifigs is that those are the only minifigs I own. I can buy some pieces for my sig fig but I would like to make a small army and I want them to wear the same clothes. Maybe I'll find some pieces in my old non-Castle Lego box. :wink:

Hi all! Working on kind of a big (for me) landscape piece which will host a few different MOCs as it grows, so I may not be able to post any new builds for a few days. But I'm thinking this will ultimately become the little village that Olin moved to; is there a way I can get it added to the official Mitgardia map?

Our guild carthographer actually left fairly early in the game. This means that the map hasn't been updated for eons ... I think the council has to think about how to handle this issue, but if there was someone tackling the job, I'm sure we wouldn't object to it ...

Would be inderesting for me if you give me the base help to start creating a map.

I should have a large version of the old map somewhere on my PC. I'll look it up next week, now on to Austria :sweet:

I'd also be willing to help with the map if needed. If you have a large version of the original Ecclesiastes that'd help a lot. Maybe Gunman and I could tagteam it?

I'd also be willing to help with the map if needed. If you have a large version of the original Ecclesiastes that'd help a lot. Maybe Gunman and I could tagteam it?

I was thinking of getting the large image file, and then maybe recreate it or enlarge it even more by redrawing it similar to the original. But after downloading some brushes that would help at map making. What you mean by tagteaming??

I was thinking of getting the large image file, and then maybe recreate it or enlarge it even more by redrawing it similar to the original. But after downloading some brushes that would help at map making. What you mean by tagteaming??

Tagteaming= working together on it

Ah got it.

Imo this job better be done by 1 person (me,you,DrColossus or whoever is decided to) because more people on a single map doesnt help in something I think.

My idea was a big map (lets say 5k x 5k pixels? ) so we can seperate to small regions if we want to devide/claim places and still to be possible in our small regions to have enough pixels to have even smaller regions with their names.

In contrast to Avalonia, we have actually never really claimed full territories and instead build villages and towns of places we imagine our characters to originate from. I kinda liked it that way and wonder if we really have to follow the example of Avalonia.

However, I do have a pretty clear idea of where I think Thorshaven is located.