ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

I kinda liked the idea of them being red orcs, but I don't own any so it doesn't really effect me much either way :P

I also need to give a belated welcome to Lord Vorn, as I haven't been able to get online for a while so I missed him joining.

I kinda liked the idea of them being red orcs, but I don't own any so it doesn't really effect me much either way :P

I was planning on the LotR Uruk-hai being called red orcs, and the tan/brown LotR/Hobbit orcs being called brown orcs. So that would necessitate the Nexo lava monsters being called something else. But I don't make the rules in Nocturnus...or anywhere else, except the small land of Hesperia in the west of Avalonia.

I was planning on the LotR Uruk-hai being called red orcs, and the tan/brown LotR/Hobbit orcs being called brown orcs. So that would necessitate the Nexo lava monsters being called something else. But I don't make the rules in Nocturnus...or anywhere else, except the small land of Hesperia in the west of Avalonia.

Nobody has to follow any general rules how to call something, except it's stated by staff, given through the story or it's about a player's personal lore. But of course everybody can use those nexo goblins as something different and call it by a different name.

This was just an idea to give people who use them as generic citizens/warriors without pointing out their race and backstory something they can build on. If some people want to use them as their main figures for their personal lore and give them different backstories and names that's totally fine.

Nobody is forced to follow an official nomenclature of the tribes and races of Nocturnus (which does not exist).

I wouldn't mind someone picking up those red guys and making a people out of them, story and all. Now that i think of it, I think Dubbagrim did come up with a name for them, the faceless ones or something of that sort?

Nobody has to follow any general rules how to call something, except it's stated by staff, given through the story or it's about a player's personal lore. But of course everybody can use those nexo goblins as something different and call it by a different name.

This was just an idea to give people who use them as generic citizens/warriors without pointing out their race and backstory something they can build on. If some people want to use them as their main figures for their personal lore and give them different backstories and names that's totally fine.

Nobody is forced to follow an official nomenclature of the tribes and races of Nocturnus (which does not exist).

I know, "more what you call guidelines than actual rules", to borrow a phrase. I was merely saying that I was planning to call them something in my own land, throwing out my two cents of thought about how I think they should be called, in case someone else wanted to build off of the idea. I am also curious to know what other people call them, as they really do make terrific bad guys in an Avalonian story, or else just another race to populate Historica. With Lavaria and Whiparella, there are even two disinctly female figures to go with the six or seven different male-ish faces. If you plop their heads on the red dragon faction from the ill-fated Castle 2013 series, the red arms look good, too. And some come with wings, which I love. Perhaps they are Draconians, if anyone has read some part of the Dragonlance series.

Edited by Henjin_Quilones

First off, welcome to all the new blood!

Second, have I missed anything vital?

Third; I used the Nexo figs as demons in the underworld.

First off, welcome to all the new blood!

Second, have I missed anything vital?

Third; I used the Nexo figs as demons in the underworld.

Welcome back (I think?), Vlad! :classic: As far as I can tell, you didn't miss any major events, but today is my first day with proper access to internet in two weeks, so I've only been keeping up with the news 'from a distance' so to speak.

Today's my first day home after my holidays in the Alpes Maritimes, France. In the meantime I worked out four episodes of rough story material and a list of about fifteen other MOC ideas, most of them related to the City of Zotharith. :grin: Apart from today, I won't have access to my bricks for another week, but after that I hope to continue building.

I really like to use the Nexo Knights as bad guys too. My little brother really wanted some sets of that line, even though I initially didnt want to :P I also just bought a LOTR Black gate and some extra orcs/goblins, one could think I might swap guild next book :O

(...) I also just bought a LOTR Black gate and some extra orcs/goblins, one could think I might swap guild next book :O

Oh snap! :laugh::devil:

I really like to use the Nexo Knights as bad guys too. My little brother really wanted some sets of that line, even though I initially didnt want to :P I also just bought a LOTR Black gate and some extra orcs/goblins, one could think I might swap guild next book :O

Or that you like your Mitgardians to be constantly beset by bad guys of one sort or another, or else refugees fleeing from the chaos of the Nocturnian civil war.

Plus the way the fantasy "trolls" look just like D&D and WH orcs makes thing confusing. In my mind, there is one race of monsterous humans with a lot of variation on size and coloration, and they divide themselves into varous tribes that are named Orc, trolls, goblins Etc. So if someone has a fig and says its an orc and someone else calls it a troll....it's all ok

I think that's the idea Jareth- no one can really lay claim to any set of figs being a particular race. Obviously, some figs lend themselves better to certain things than others- eg vampire heads for, er, well, vampires!

Name: Knot A. Trull

Weapon of Choice: A Big Ol' Club

Im not a troll he said when in the tavern, But deep down he knew he was a troll and he also knew that the world just would not accept him if he admitted what he was... (its a very sad story really)

So he did what any smart, well maybe thats a bit too much credit.

He did what any troll would do in that situation kill a bunch of smelly humies, out of rage of course (Trolls are prone to anger issue it seems), then realise he can use the humies items to make him "a real humie".

He goes by many names one of them being so cleverly disguised no one could ever figure it out, that name is.... wait for it .... wait for it...

Knot A. Trull

I know pure genius

Not many people can tell he is a troll, but when they figure out he is one they mysteriously go missing...

gnRKusA.jpg

Edited by SodorBricks

:laugh:

Welcome, dear troll ehh, human

Edited by TitusV

Name: Knot A. Trull

Weapon of Choice: A Big Ol' Club

Im not a troll he said when in the tavern, But deep down he knew he was a troll and he also knew that the world just would not accept him if he admitted what he was... (its a very sad story really)

So he did what any smart, well maybe thats a bit too much credit.

He did what any troll would do in that situation kill a bunch of smelly humies, out of rage of course (Trolls are prone to anger issue it seems), then realise he can use the humies items to make him "a real humie".

He goes by many names one of them being so cleverly disguised no one could ever figure it out, that name is.... wait for it .... wait for it...

Knot A. Trull

I know pure genius

Not many people can tell he is a troll, but when they figure out he is one they mysteriously go missing...

Welcome! Thats one very well dressed troll Trull.

Quick bit of advice for your photography, if you can manually control your camera, lower the ISO, which will make the picture less noisy. Lowering the ISO does reduce the amount of light the camera can pick up so you will need to compensate with extra lighting and / or a longer exposure time.

It's been too quiet in Nocturnus lately, so let's get to building!

Here's a couple of minichallenges (with prizes!) to whet our appetite for the next Chapter!

Minichallenge I: Foreign Aid

Minichallenge II: Paying Tribute

Speaking of appetites...

Minichallenge III: Pie Contest!

I challenge ye Nocturnians to enter every category of all challenges! That would mean 5 builds (pay attention to the varying deadlines) ro do them all!