ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Been really busy lately fellas, Nocturnus has a new little princess who is consuming all my time!

Lord Raavage has a new heir? We better hurry up and break the Black Spire. :grin:

Congrats Z!

There's a reason Avalonia exists. Because Nocturnus holds back the rot of Ravaage. We are true heroes. Anyone can sing songs of ancient, faded deeds, but through our blood, those minstrels can wander free (if a little chafed by all those tights), flicking their long blond hair in the air whilst the bearded maidens from Mitgardia giggle and flutter their overly masculine eyelashes and merchants from Kaliphlin con the former two guilds out of their gold.

There's a reason Avalonia exists. Because Nocturnus holds back the rot of Ravaage. We are true heroes. Anyone can sing songs of ancient, faded deeds, but through our blood, those minstrels can wander free (if a little chafed by all those tights), flicking their long blond hair in the air whilst the bearded maidens from Mitgardia giggle and flutter their overly masculine eyelashes and merchants from Kaliphlin con the former two guilds out of their gold.

Hmm, it is good that Beorthan is out of office. Otherwise certain rumours of slander and lies may have led him to reconsider his support of the Nocturnian resistance... :wink::devil:

Hmm, it is good that Beorthan is out of office. Otherwise certain rumours of slander and lies may have led him to reconsider his support of the Nocturnian resistance... :wink::devil:

And Drond's Feelds stand with the Trifork... :devil:

Actually, the reason Avalonia exists is because it's people cleansed it of the warlords, parasites, vermin and Drow that were marauding there, and slaughtered them or ejected them from the realm (I wonder where to? There's a reason we call Nocturnus the waste bin of Avalonia). We are in fact confining you IN Nocturnus, so you don't spread your filth and infect other lands.

I Avalonians are just jealous, because we have the most advanced science and magic of all the Guilds, and are the most Diverse of all the Guild, where as all Avalonia has going for it is tights and hippies.

If we were jealous we would copy you, trashtalk you all day but I don't see us avalonians do that. Thats the agenda of little Avalonia!

If we were jealous we would copy you, trashtalk you all day but I don't see us avalonians do that. Thats the agenda of little Avalonia!

Says the man who really really really wants to join Nocturnus.

Actually, the reason Avalonia exists is because it's people cleansed it of the warlords, parasites, vermin and Drow that were marauding there, and slaughtered them or ejected them from the realm (I wonder where to? There's a reason we call Nocturnus the waste bin of Avalonia). We are in fact confining you IN Nocturnus, so you don't spread your filth and infect other lands.

The only thing your confining is yourself in those flower print outfits. Speaking of vermin, you get those lice out of your powdered wig yet?

Lol I'm the self declared vermin lord. I told in my personal lore that nearly all of the human inhabitants of my city are former criminals and exiled people from all other guilds. So, who you think can you hit with those words?

But now seriously guys, that trash talk was kind of fun yesterdays, but we were in a serious discussion about our guild and I would like to return to that point.

Edited by Jacob Nion

The only thing your confining is yourself in those flower print outfits. Speaking of vermin, you get those lice out of your powdered wig yet?

That's your guildleader fault! The traitor himself!

And contrast Z!!:)

Sure! I used some Nocturnian odors, and suddenly they all fled. Wouldn't know why. :tongue:

Edited by TitusV

... Enjoy your wigs and over coats West Kaliphlin...

...merchants from Kaliphlin con the former two guilds out of their gold...

When Nocty and Avalonia trash-talk, who wins?

Kaliphlin!

:laugh:

When Nocty and Avalonia trash-talk, who wins?

Kaliphlin!

:laugh:

Of course. When talk becomes war, we sell the arms. When war dies down, we secure the treaty summit. :grin:

Lol I'm the self declared vermin lord. I told in my personal lore that nearly all of the human inhabitants of my city are former criminals and exiled people from all other guilds. So, who you think can you hit with those words?

But now seriously guys, that trash talk was kind of fun yesterdays, but we were in a serious discussion about our guild and I would like to return to that point.

I agree! Back to the character/tribe/territory registration then?

On another note, has there been any progress on the new map?

So do we register races we use, or just those of our sig-fig? Vlad is a half-vampire, but I also use full vampires, manbats, werewolves and zombies in significant numbers.

I agree! Back to the character/tribe/territory registration then?

On another note, has there been any progress on the new map?

I sent it to Z but as he already mentioned he's busy right now.

So do we register races we use, or just those of our sig-fig? Vlad is a half-vampire, but I also use full vampires, manbats, werewolves and zombies in significant numbers.

In general I would say all races, but it's difficult to say how to list them.

Maybe we could do an overall list of races and tribes with some information points like main territories, cities, rulers, etc. In case of common races we maybe have to specify. "Vampire order of Shadowmere" e.g., or for Blufiji "goblin tribes of the Rakath" since he's the leader of those.

That would be seperately from the members list. More like an encyclopedia. An addition to the tribes contest maybe or combined with it. And of course not every new member wants to develop a whole new race or be the leader of it. It's just there to have an overall view on the great diversity in Nocturnus.

To expand on the topic, I agree all races we are and use should be included, as well as a brief detail of the region they are from, what lord(s) they pledge loyalty too (Fealty I guess?) and a quick history. It could be a seperate topic or we can petition Z to include it in the OP. For example if I were to use myself it would be a tiered format:

Blufiji

Race/Lordship: Goblins And their Empire

Home Region: Twilight Forest (Autumnal Forest), Southern Rakath

Insert Short History here.

Provincial Regions: Nyx Glades

Provincial Races: Nikrit

Insert short history here regarding Nikrit

I may have went into a bit much detail, but this is just a general idea.

Also I dont think territories should be huge swaths of land. Only a bit of land around a territorial capital (What a lord can effictively control) and/or spots weve already established belonged to someone. Again myself as example. I dont claim the entire Autumnal Forest just an area in it, as well as a small part of the swamp (Glades). Everything else between the former and latter is "Travel at own risk" lands. The Lords of Nocturnus can barely keep order in their own regions, or atleast thats the impression I gather. Hope you guys understood all that rambling.

good, good, things are happening as planned..

buahahaha (evil laugh:)

I Avalonians are just jealous, because we have the most advanced science and magic of all the Guilds, and are the most Diverse of all the Guild, where as all Avalonia has going for it is tights and hippies.

Thats incorrect, we have the most advanced technology and science, and probably magic. But most of our experiments take place in nocturnus where we can be sure no innocents will be harmed.

I think it's great that Nocturnus is striving to be more organised in the way Avalonia is. One of the things that drew me to join Avalonia, was the fact that you could read the posts and refer to the map to find where it was. The story that Avalonia tells is very easy to follow. Because that's what it is that were all doing: collaborating on a great story.

Thats incorrect, we have the most advanced technology and science, and probably magic. But most of our experiments take place in nocturnus where we can be sure no innocents will be harmed.

I know that commerce driven technology is prevalent in Kaliphlin, but I've heard the gnomes of Mitgardia are the most advanced...

I sent it to Z but as he already mentioned he's busy right now.

Map is updated.

I nominate Jacob to be the official communicator. Give me an idea of what we are looking at here and I will get it up. If you so desired, you would create a new "First Post" in a PM and I can get it restructured from there.