ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Ok, finaly I got around to photographing my sig-fig. Here is Sir Nagol:

19808542862_79792f53d0_c.jpg

Nagol of Fortfield by Nagol_of_Fortfield, on Flickr

Born and raised in an ancient fortress in north-western Nocturnus, Nagol was trained as a knight by his father. Life was good being next in line to rule the fortress Fortfield, until the Mitgardian attack. For two weeks a Mitgardian clan besieged Fortfield, eventually breaking through it's thick walls. Everyone in Fortfield fled their own ways. Nagol, then 17, lost his family in the siege. For the next 6 years he traveled the land with a ranger of Fortfield. In that time he became very skilled with the bow and how to move silently, although he never forgot his original training with the sword and shield. After the ranger sacrificed himself in an orc raid to give Nagol a chance to escape, Nagol was left alone. He now explores the secrets of Nocturnus, hoping to one day re-capture Fortfield, so he can raise an army to aid Nocturnus; the best guild!

Edit: I know he doesn't look Nocturnus-ey, but I have some black armor for him:

19627870588_feb42d494a_n.jpgNagol VS Orc by Nagol_of_Fortfield, on Flickr

I do have the Brickworld build pending- then ol' Ravaage will be back to his old tricks... Outside of mass editor- who wants to help with the next challenge? Should we have a mini contest to pick an additional special assistant to help with the next challenge?

Do you mean something like the tribes of Nocturnus challenge? I think that would be fun!

Edited by ZCerberus
Resized picture.

Aye captain- time with both came back to make Nocturnus rise again!

I do have the Brickworld build pending- then ol' Ravaage will be back to his old tricks... Outside of mass editor- who wants to help with the next challenge? Should we have a mini contest to pick an additional special assistant to help with the next challenge?

Well of course we both have to rise again! If we don't do it periodically, we'll never get that '10th Risen' for free!

And yes, mini-challenges. They're super fun!

Welcome to GoH Nagol, both builds are very nice, I'm definitely looking forward to your contributions!

@Z and Nemo, glad to hear your back, looking forward to the war in Nocty! :wink::sweet:

Welcome Nagol. We like all types here. Just because he is Nocty doesn't mean he has to be all gloomy, but, I think he would blend in better if he stuck to the black armor. Don't want him to be called a treehugger ya know!

Greetings Nogol, I wish you the best for becoming stronger and take back what is truely yours!

Ooc: very nice Nocty sigfig moc! I look forward to your contributions to our guild!

Aye captain- time with both came back to make Nocturnus rise again!

Really looking forward to your builds!

Do you mean something like the tribes of Nocturnus challenge? I think that would be fun!

I resized your picture- it was a little intense.

Not sure what exactly the mini challenge will look like- we're working on it.

Welcome Lord Nagol! You will always be welcome in Kyrrath, The city of Purple!

I don't know who manages the map of nocturnus, but i want to claim the next piece of land for Kyrrath, the city of Purple: South of the Moruth Swamplands, At the other side of the mountains than Skaereport, at the place where swamp, forest and mountains meet each other...

Hope it's clear, but else i can upload a pic with the place i mean, but i have to search how to do that without uploading it to my flickr stream :)

And all members of Nocturnus, feel free to come to Kyrrath! we've delicious pumpkins in our city of purple!

Lord Nagol, you are most welcome!

I do love mini challenges, but i am also mixed up in a collab between Lord Vladivus, Lord Anfauglir, Osric Isentooth, and Gal-Turok... So much to build, so little time... Good thing i have a couple of weeks vacation due. :sweet:

I've been gathering up my castle bricks and have started working on my new characters and builds. I'm ready to show off my main new Sig-Fig character (center)--a cloaked lich known only as the Amber King; who inhabits the North Western forests of Nocturnus, along with his wolf brood. His origins are mysterious, and are not clarified by the fact that he rarely speaks aloud. He is a master sorcerer, who specializes in transformation and telepathy. For an "extended" description of the character, view the 'spoiler' tag below the image. Don't say I didn't warn you! :grin:

19840408059_6c32b90272_z.jpg

The Amber King

Appearance:

The Amber King wears an exceptionally long tattered grey cloak, which constantly drifts in the wind as if it were alive. His head, which remains clouded in blackness, is covered by a large grey hood—only his glowing yellow eyes shine through the darkness. His visible skin, colored sand blue, gives the impression that he is perhaps a rotting lich; myth claims he was once a dark elf or nymph, but now he appears but a corpse animated only through magic. On his shoulders sprout large brown antlers— they grow from his protective battle armor; which itself holsters a large steel broadsword on his back. In his gloved hands he carries an unassuming staff; from which all his dark magic stems forth.

The Amber King has an exceptionally tall and strong figure. He towers over most humans, and his height rivals that of even Minotaurs and Cyclopes. Despite his stature, he moves gracefully; gliding across terrain as would a ghost, and always moves in complete silence—with the exception of his cloak, which flutters and snaps violently with his quick movements. His graceful travels are only juxtaposed more by his tremendous strength—he can lift men high from off ground with just one of his spindly arms, strangling the life from them.

Name:

Largely a mystery shrouded in myth, some speculate his name steams in part because of his political affiliations, or lack thereof. He calls himself the ‘Amber King’—which by itself already indicates his disregard for the monarchical hierarchy of the Guilds. The ‘Amber’ may stem from an elf myth, which recalls how a love struck nymph was murdered by his rival suitor by being pushed into a legendary pool of boiling amber, which itself is said to reside somewhere in Avalonia’s enchanted forests.

Description & Powers:

The Amber King is a powerful witch embodying pure evil with an insatiable desire for conquest. A master strategist, the king is adept at illusions and misdirection. He feeds on disarray and fear, as well as succulent forest fruits, pies, and human flesh. He speaks little, and most of his commands are thought to be voiced through his top Ash Wolf commanders. He is a supremely skilled sorcerer, with unappalled power in the fields of transformations and telepathy. A master of potions and astronomy, the Amber King is able to utilize nature to his advantage; planning his attacks to coincide with favorable events; such as the lunar cycles.

The Amber King is powerful on the battlefield—although he prefers his minions to do the fighting. He is skilled with a broadsword, and can use his magical staff to destroy many enemies at once; all with a multitude of magical attacks. The Amber King also possesses powerful wizard eyes, which allow him to see multitudes of objects and creatures across dimensional plains—this allows him to see hidden foes or normally invisible creatures such as ghosts.

Weaknesses:

Although he can appear as such, the Amber King is not immortal. He can be killed by human means, although he is incredibly resilient to a variety of attacks. While being a master planner, he is susceptible to his own arrogance and hubris. A dark magical force, the Amber King can additionally be harmed by various objects of ‘light’. He is particularly averse to Avalonian flowers, which can burn him, and he is sickened by the power of true love (although only if it’s consensual ‘true love’ between a Knight and a Maiden, and only if their first three dates (at least) have been properly chaperoned, a number of other stipulations exist on this matter). Like most people in Historica, he is especially felled by decapitation.

Allies & Enemies:

The Amber King commands a small army comprised almost entirely of Ash Wolves—this army potentially contains the entire population of that subspecies. In addition, he utilizes goblin archers, hunting dogs, and often a host of summoned magical creatures. Although the army is small, and cannot stand up against field armies, it is highly successful in maneuvering and engaging in guerilla campaigns.

In terms of enemies, the Amber King has a particular hatred for elves, and he is indifferent towards dwarfs. He also seems to have a vendetta against of other magical beings, and will attempt to destroy them upon contact.

In addition, I've started building his army; a hoard, potentially the entire population worth, of rare Lycanthrope werewolves, called Ash Wolves. As far as I can tell, this is the first time black Chima wolf headpieces have been used in Historica (Although I wouldn't mind not getting called on it! :blush: ), so I took the great opportunity to create a new werewolf subspecies in the process. I may have gotten carried away with their story. There's only five shown here, but I'll expect a total of thirty soon--at least as soon as I can pick up ten or so more torsos.

I have a build ready too, and a lengthy biological description and analysis of the Ash Wolves to boot (that will explain everything about them, such as why they appear blind)--but I'm not liking the close up pictures... :hmpf_bad:...so I may just post it with the one good picture and walls of text. But that doesn't make a good story.

Feedback please! :sweet:

Looking great! The Amber King and his Ash Wolves will be very interesting to follow, especially given the civil war soon to come! :thumbup:

What I like the most is how you have included both strengths and weaknesses, and how the appear to be balancing out perfectly.

Looking forward to hearing more of the Ash Wolves too.

The Amber King looks fantastic, I love the great elaborate bio as well :thumbup: I look forward to your next stories and builds!

The last two weeks, my holiday in the Alps prevented me from continuing my Onicius prologue. Now I'm currently waiting for a B&P order which will be very useful for the upcoming chapter. I already have a little group of main characters for the Exetrius Saga and thanks to Captain Nemo I'm even more tempted to show them, but I guess that I'll keep them off the web for now, patience...

Great characters Captain Nemo, I especially like the Amber King.

Awesome sigfig! Also a very elaborate background story too!

I'll be posting a new build since quite some time, soon.. Had the main scene done for a few weeks now, just needed to build an extra scene for the story.

I just updated my character, what do you guys think ?

20231557932_568e080c49.jpg

Quick profile:

Name: Dr.Cogg Real Name: unknown

Race: Was Human

Abilities: Photographic memory, Alchemy, Immortality, Dimentional doorways and skilled in hand to hand combat.

Born in Nocturnus, Dr.Cogg is one of the few humans to grow up in Nocturnus. Growing up a human, he learned the ways of the Drow and other creatures, who taught him fighting skills, sorcery, Alchemy and most importly, how to survive.

Dr.Cogg also has a Photographic memory, so learning was easy for him, all he had to do is look at something once and he could remember everything about it, this skill helped him to learn many different skills making it much easier to survive in Nocturnus. Dr.Cogg mostly just likes to keep to himself and experiments, he also is an Eldest member of the Nocturnus Guild and played a part in the Kaliphlin Civil War, he is currently working on something fun for Nocturnus.

Edited by Dr.Cogg

Abilities: Photographic memory, Alchemy, Immortality, Dimentional doorways and skilled in hand to hand combat

Though I have read the explanation, do you still dare to call this 'human'? Just too OP to be a believeable character, imo. Also I think the head is inappropriate for GoH.

Btw, Onicius will be a very strong wizard, but the difference is that he is specialized in one type of magic with many applications, not a kind of super human.

This seems pretty sweet. Might as well join.

This is Terrowin.

IMG_9657_zpsqcrztkrw.jpg

Born and raised human 500 years ago during Nocturnus' (somewhat) more peaceful times, Terrowin was a normal person, when, at 14 years old, both of his parents died while on an expidition for the current ruler. He found their bodies and started to train with the most powerful necromancer of the time. He learned how to raise the dead and various other magical abilites. He reanimated his parents and sought out to kill the current king and take the throne for himself to prevent people form dying. However, he will kill anyone in his path to get there.

Powers: Necromancy, Jedi-ish reaction times, fireballs.

Weaknesses: Although Very hard to kill in a full out fight, he sometimes will not detect someone sneaking aroun behind him. He also gets very emotional when someone he cares about dies.