ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Hello all!

I've been slowly coming out of my dark ages. Sorting has proved difficult because I start messing with parts. I've always had a soft spot for the castle themes. This will give me an outlet for building, and after reading all of the guild info, I'd like to join Nocturnus! I have a sig fig in mind, however I have a few questions.

Which guild would have the traditional healer, or priest as a prominent part of their society? My sig fig will be very old, and for background purposes I'd like to make sure I tie everything in.

Druids would most likely come from Avalonia?

Happy building,

-Mike

Welcome to the guilds. You're right Avalonia has Druids, but the other guilds can have healers too. Nocty can have all sorts of weirdness- a blood priest, using the magic of the blood fountains to rejuvenate grievous wounds. Not to mention Necromancers, and the gift of vampirism. Perhaps a swamp person knows of the root of a particular tree that can have beneficial effects. Nocty's not ALL about darkness and evilness- the commoners have to lead lives much the same as those in other guilds. In fact they've probably got more of a need for healers than other guilds, given how dangerous day to day life on Nocty can be (enchanted pumpkin farmers, I'm looking at you!).

Hope that helps!

Hello all!

I've been slowly coming out of my dark ages. Sorting has proved difficult because I start messing with parts. I've always had a soft spot for the castle themes. This will give me an outlet for building, and after reading all of the guild info, I'd like to join Nocturnus! I have a sig fig in mind, however I have a few questions.

Which guild would have the traditional healer, or priest as a prominent part of their society? My sig fig will be very old, and for background purposes I'd like to make sure I tie everything in.

Druids would most likely come from Avalonia?

Happy building,

-Mike

The joy of joining any guild is that you can give your character any back ground you want. Maybe he's a Druid from Avalonia that had turned to dark magic and ended up in Nocturnus, or maybe he's born here and wishes to put his good healing skills to use in lands usually reserved for darkness. Whatever it may be, generally a character can fit in anywhere. The only thing that would cause your character not to fit into any guild would be a person setting hard boundaries on characters, for example: Druids come from Avalonia. A character can come from anywhere. Hope that helps and hope to see you in the east, but ultimately you should pick a guild where YOU feel most comfortable building in and making your character's story work. If you haven't already, check out the guild sign up discussion on the front page.

Sorry to all original GoH people, I can't participate anymore. I am sorry for everything.

Oh no, really? But it's the Kali civil war next, your builds will be awesome. Sorry to see you leave, I hope everything is alright.

Nocty's been on fire here lately! New members, awesome builds... I can already feel 2015 being the year of Nocturnus!

Everything is good. No desire to build is the problem. Second chapter of Goh ruined it for me. Too many unnecessary changes and terrible challenges and story. Lack of LUG bricks and hand outs as well. All=no fun.

So far i've hardly messed with any challenge... Some i have partipated like the mount up! challenge, but dwarven afairs was not my cup of tea. Other challenges like the minifig series are not my thing. I just like to build what i'm comfortable with, and i don't have LUG bricks either.... (i've missed entering before this years deadline, but i'm not missing what i've never had anyways)

No desire to build means you need a time-out. Maybe build something else instead, maybe you have other interests than just GoH, spend your time doing that, and after a while you might enjoy building here again. Remember, it has to be fun, and not an obligation. Best of luck to you sir.

Everything is good. No desire to build is the problem. Second chapter of Goh ruined it for me. Too many unnecessary changes and terrible challenges and story. Lack of LUG bricks and hand outs as well. All=no fun.

Whereas I too wish Zakon GoldBlade had crushed Revolword and become our supreme leader, sometimes things just don't work out the way we want -- even with a disc of Tzeentch . What I am getting at here, is I can't remember much activity from you since the last Book 1 challenge. I wish we would have heard more from you, more input, more ideas what you would like to see in a challenge, but we didn't. We are up for anyone's ideas. What are the unnecessary changes you speak of?

On another note, I don't know why you are leaving now, Zakon's forces could still take over Nocturnus in challenge 5. But still, things for book 3 will be different, maybe Zakon can take up residence in his summer home on the Kaliphlin shore for book 3? Actually, heck, give me a PM and we can talk about how you can be a big part of challenge four.

@ska I see what you be doin there. Purposeful misspell on my part.I'm no longer with the pc crowd. No plans to buy one. Can't edit bro. Can't do shit. Asking about the story and it's faults is just trying to pull me back in. I'm aware of those mental tactics. I would be down if people would actually listen.

Ska, let him be. Sometimes people need to create their own stories. If his interest gets piqued, he can always come back.

Beery, build what you want. See you around the forums.

@ska I see what you be doin there. Purposeful misspell on my part.I'm no longer with the pc crowd. No plans to buy one. Can't edit bro. Can't do shit. Asking about the story and it's faults is just trying to pull me back in. I'm aware of those mental tactics. I would be down if people would actually listen.

I am not sure why you say nobody will listen, you have not had any suggestions since the end of Book 1. I am just saying, story suggestions are welcomed from all, but we can't do anything unless we hear them.

Anyway, if you don't want to take me up on my offer, that is fine. I hope that you stick it out on EB and keep building. I will make sure to watch your flickr feed.

Well Beery, I joined in book 2 and didn't see much from you, but I'm sure you were a great addition to EB and GoH, so I'll be looking forward for your possible return!

On another note, I too have lost a large chunk of inspiration, though I will continue my siggies story. Who knows? Maybe I'll be inspired after Legoland this summer?

So i'm new here but I've been following Nocturnus and I'm interested in joining. The problem is I don't have many bricks. Are digital builds accepted in GOH?

As freebuilds, yes, but I don't think they count much in guild points (if that is still a thing). I and at least one other have done this.

As freebuilds, yes, but I don't think they count much in guild points (if that is still a thing). I and at least one other have done this.

Are they accepted in challenges?

From what I understand about the rules for stanard contest with a prize, the build should be in real bricks. There are some exceptions, but those are when the contest rules specifically allow digital submissions (the recent Bionicle contest). There are usually some restrictions for digital submissions to contests.