ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Welcome for sure, Imic!

(I've been to Ireland this summer, and I have to admit it's a beautiful country. Very inspiring for Avalonians, you should have joined us instead :tongue: )

@Imic My apoligies, it seems like a Kali and three Avalonians have welcomed you before a proper Nocty did... Without further ado: welcome to the Darklands! :knight::dangry:

Well, it's all well and good to call it grand and beutiful, but to someone who lives there, it's wet, windy, cold, and boggy. Tolkien didn't like Ireland, all because he felt an evil presence in it's bogs, and I can't blame him. Also, Nocturnus is a very promising area that really doesn't have enough builders.

Edited by Imic

10 hours ago, Imic said:

Well, it's all well and good to call it grand and beutiful, but to someone who lives there, it's wet, windy, cold, and boggy. Tolkien didn't like Ireland, all because he felt an evil presence in it's boho and, and I can't blame him. Also, Nocturnus is a very promising area that really doesn't have enough builders.

Well, I can't deny that it's wet and windy, but the cold can have some strange beauty too?

Anyway, welcome to the guilds!

6 hours ago, TitusV said:

Well, I can't deny that it's wet and windy, but the cold can have some strange beauty too?

Anyway, welcome to the guilds!

You're not wrong, otherwise we'd not be here at all.

I'm thinking once again on joining GoH @ Nocturnus. Just a few questions:

Is it better to join Book 3 or just join right away? The first tasks like building a watch tower from Book 1, can you still enter those as a new member?

I also want to admit that it's a lot of text, even though I try to read all the stickied topics.

1 hour ago, Orange Leader said:

Is it better to join Book 3 or just join right away? The first tasks like building a watch tower from Book 1, can you still enter those as a new member?

I also want to admit that it's a lot of text, even though I try to read all the stickied topics.

I would just start right away, honestly. Why wait? There are no tasks that you have to do, since most of those old tasks are just that: old. You don't really need to read everything, certainly not right away, either. The more you read, the better grasp of the full history of the Guilds, but to start out you can just build some cool stuff in Nocty that you want to build. The first step is to post a picture of your sigfig and a bit of backstory, and then you are free to do whatever you want! (Within some limits, of course, since this is a medieval-fantasy forum, and not sci-fi or modern day, for example.)

3 hours ago, Orange Leader said:

No need to wait! :wink: Maybe you can already establish a character or your place to live so you are all set when Book III comes around!

Indeed, just get building! Though it is true the old challenges are no longer active, they still make for some very, very good inspiration I think...

41112896191_0fa4e84a68_c.jpg

Argatz the Nasty is finally showing his spiteful head in Nocturnus!

His ambition reaches very far, as he wants to conquer the whole continent of Historica. But everyone in Nocturnus thinks he is a total loser. Will Argatz the Nasty proof those fools wrong someday?

Also, he is posing in Hanrik the bone lord's castle. Because his own place is not representable at the moment for his great intellectual posture.

Edited by Orange Leader

26 minutes ago, Orange Leader said:

-snip-

-snip-
Also, he is posing in Hanrik the bone lord's castle. Because his own place is not representable at the moment for his great intellectual posture.

This is shaping up to be good! :head_back: Seriously, Hanrik's castle looks good with the neon green windows, refreshing and very Nocty! :thumbup:

Btw, I updated my sigfig and avatar. :classic: Here's a better look:

e74152fea6.jpg

On vrijdag 30 maart 2018 at 3:08 PM, Orange Leader said:

His ambition reaches very far, as he wants to conquer the whole continent of Historica. But everyone in Nocturnus thinks he is a total loser. Will Argatz the Nasty proof those fools wrong someday?

Loving your intro, Orange Leader! :laugh: :rofl: Looking forward to see Argatz's story develop

GoH seems pretty dead recently especially with the book II finally not being touched since December. Although I have been working on a big story coming soon. Including how Souinotlim became who he his, why he craves power,why he shuts himself out from everyone residing within the underworld and the twisted secret. Ravages creation/past life. The awakening of the new souinotlim and his new transformed stance in Historica. And the last, the return of the gods(which hopefully can be a new chapter in the books). I've also got a bunch of new unique characters I've been experimenting with and new monsters of chaos.

It's been about 8 months (and six builds) since my last true Nocty build... I should feel ashamed! Nevertheless, before I pick up my work on Zotharith, I first want to finish my story arc in Katapuja, and my plans for that are at least somewhat Nocty. 

I think Nocturnus needs to do a bit of a roll call here. See how many people we can drum up to keep this Guild viable for Book 3.

For the sake of completion, I'll echo what I said in the Book III thread:

23 hours ago, Exetrius said:

After some thought, I think I can come to terms with Nocturnus being closed for participation in the main plot line. For following reasons/conditions:

1. We can still build in the Darklands, yay! This means current Nocturnians (and others) can continue fleshing out existing settlements, thereby strengthening the Nocturnian identity (@mccoyed ).
  2. It makes sense. Raavage, the Drow and the Algus, which had a tight grip on the Darklands - to greater or lesser extent - were defeated by the Resistance, but the dust hasn't settled. The new powers of Nocturnus haven't really taken the stage yet. 

There are a few things that we as a Guild should figure out:

What's the backlash from the civil war, what's life like? 

What's the state of our settlements? How about: 

• Abyssian (Capital)
  • Shadowmere
  • Kyrrath
  • Skavenport
  • Zotharith

After defeating the common enemy, what path do the powers of the Resistance take?   

I had this idea that Nocturnus is still war-torn with pockets of fierce fighting as different factions try to get up on each other. Rather than being a unified Guild like the others, recent events have left Nocturnus fractured into a bunch of small principalities, fiefs, and strongholds where no one knows who they can trust anymore. I have some ideas about how the rest of Historica might react to this (peacekeeping, rebuilding, border security) now that the other Guilds are united behind the queen... but my ideas may be too big and consequential to implement until we know more about where the story's gonna be when Book 3 launches. I'm sure the powers that be would work around/with any stories builders make that they like, but I imagine the Book 3 launch story builds are being set up right now and one of the reasons for the long wait was getting all the planning for that done.

I'm strongly considering joining Nocturnus and returning to the story of Altiera the Exile or something new. I'm also tempted to go Kaliphlin but it's hard to justify leaving Mitgardia for potentially years until the next Book. :P

7 hours ago, mccoyed said:

I had this idea that Nocturnus is still war-torn with pockets of fierce fighting as different factions try to get up on each other. Rather than being a unified Guild like the others, recent events have left Nocturnus fractured into a bunch of small principalities, fiefs, and strongholds where no one knows who they can trust anymore. I have some ideas about how the rest of Historica might react to this (peacekeeping, rebuilding, border security) now that the other Guilds are united behind the queen... but my ideas may be too big and consequential to implement until we know more about where the story's gonna be when Book 3 launches. I'm sure the powers that be would work around/with any stories builders make that they like, but I imagine the Book 3 launch story builds are being set up right now and one of the reasons for the long wait was getting all the planning for that done.

I'm strongly considering joining Nocturnus and returning to the story of Altiera the Exile or something new. I'm also tempted to go Kaliphlin but it's hard to justify leaving Mitgardia for potentially years until the next Book. :P

I would say Kaliphlin is just as fractured as Nocturnus with the Desert King still around. I’m waiting to see how Kaliphlin’s civil war is resolved in book 3.