ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Bah, between work, school and mainly focussing on the LUG I joined now I haven't found time to do anything for GoH anymore so sorry :sceptic: (to be completely honest I'm prioritizing a large generic Castle themed setup over GoH at the moment, well I could still say it's for GoH but I never really intended it to be related to my sigfig at least.)

1 hour ago, Isundir said:

Bah, between work, school and mainly focussing on the LUG I joined now I haven't found time to do anything for GoH anymore so sorry :sceptic: (to be completely honest I'm prioritizing a large generic Castle themed setup over GoH at the moment, well I could still say it's for GoH but I never really intended it to be related to my sigfig at least.)

Same story here, more or less. There's my studies, the planning of my summer holiday and also increasing temptation to explore other LEGO genres. I have a many GoH build ideas for my personal saga, but so far I have postponed them due to said other activities, the scarcity of parts or the lack of motivation to start. Maybe I will start building spontaneously in a week or two.

On 26-3-2017 at 3:13 PM, Exetrius said:

Same story here, more or less. There's my studies, the planning of my summer holiday and also increasing temptation to explore other LEGO genres. I have a many GoH build ideas for my personal saga, but so far I have postponed them due to said other activities, the scarcity of parts or the lack of motivation to start. Maybe I will start building spontaneously in a week or two.

Heh yeah exactly, sometimes I wish I could be building MOCs as my fulltime job. With a LEGO room with all the parts I could dream of in drawers up as high as the ceiling as some AFOL's occasionally show off.

If I had the time I'd be partaking in the majority of Eurobricks RBG's, it's not that I don't want to, I want to really badly. It's just impossible atm due to priorities.

Edited by Isundir

32937120924_93aa7a1755_c.jpg

The Darklands are so much too dangerous, too depressing and too scary. Therefore, Exetrius will be going to this happy, green, friendly place called Avalonia, where he can joyfully devote himself to the wonderful world of flower magic! Bye, Nocturnus! :purrr:

12 hours ago, Exetrius said:

32937120924_93aa7a1755_c.jpg

The Darklands are so much too dangerous, too depressing and too scary. Therefore, Exetrius will be going to this happy, green, friendly place called Avalonia, where he can joyfully devote himself to the wonderful world of flower magic! Bye, Nocturnus! :purrr:

Welcome to the best guild man, we're glad you finally saw the wrong of your deeds :tongue: 

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 5:37 AM, TitusV said:

Welcome to the best guild man, we're glad you finally saw the wrong of your deeds :tongue: 

Pretty sure that was another April Fools day joke....

4 hours ago, Mike S said:

Pretty sure that was another April Fools day joke....

Of course! Hail Nocturnus! 

Megablocks! Didn't see that coming (though I was surprised you'd switch guilds, Exetrius)

Finally I started the personal story about my sigfig... For those who wants to know how my fig became a nocturnian or those that want to read ot for another reason, here's the link:

Hello!

How is it going Nocturnians?

Sorry i was inactive, but i was busy with other things. Also my mSATA died, and i've lost all of my LDD files... :cry_sad:

When will we know about the results of the challenge? The topic about that is quite silent these days. 

27 minutes ago, Lazer said:

Hello!

How is it going Nocturnians?

Sorry i was inactive, but i was busy with other things. Also my mSATA died, and i've lost all of my LDD files... :cry_sad:

When will we know about the results of the challenge? The topic about that is quite silent these days. 

Hello Lazer, glad to see you back! :classic: 

I'd also like to know when to expect the results of Challenge V, as well as I'd like to point out once more that we haven't heard anything about the Pumkin Pie mini-Challenge either. @ZCerberus @Ecclesiastes, could one of you give us some info on this, please?

Anyway, the holidays are approaching, so I can almost start doing bigger builds again! I uploaded episode 15 of my saga this weekend and I have a Nocty build ready to be photographed as well (I only need to figure out when...). 

3 hours ago, Ecclesiastes said:

Probably July, when events like Brickworld are over!:thumbup:

Ah, I see. Good luck building! :wink::thumbup:

Hello fellow guild mates and others!

Two years ago, 7th of June, I decided to join Guilds of Historica. Needless to say, one of my best decisions ever! :wink: 

Therefor, I've come to share with you a compilation of my builds from the past 365 days:

35118187756_73984d6c75_c.jpg

Of course, I will continue to contribute with my lore and builds to the Guilds, possibly bigger and better than before! :grin:

For comparison, my first year's builds:

27354767520_5f8c1c9645_z.jpg

Finally, if you want to read up on the stories accompanying these builds, start here: The Onicius Prologue , followed by The Exetrius Saga. 

And with that, I wish you all a great day. :sweet:

20 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Hello fellow guild mates and others!

Two years ago, 7th of June, I decided to join Guilds of Historica. Needless to say, one of my best decisions ever! :wink: 

Therefor, I've come to share with you a compilation of my builds from the past 365 days:

Of course, I will continue to contribute with my lore and builds to the Guilds, possibly bigger and better than before! :grin:

For comparison, my first year's builds:

Finally, if you want to read up on the stories accompanying these builds, start here: The Onicius Prologue , followed by The Exetrius Saga. 

And with that, I wish you all a great day. :sweet:

My one year anniversary of joining Eurobricks is tomorrow (though I waited until June 27th before posting anything)! Congrats on two good years!

Congratulations to both @Henjin_Quilones and @Exetrius! I can barely believe you're already so long part of the guilds! Now I think about it, my joining date was last monday... Man, time flies if one's having fun! And have fun we did, defenitely! :grin:

Congrats guys, I cannot beleive it has been a year :tongue: its amazing how both of you have improved in such a short amount of time :thumbup: Onward and upward as I like to say.

Hello Nocturnians,

Before I take the dark purple plunge into the abyss, I just had a few questions about collaborating within the guild

I wanna be as specific as possible as I really don't wanna to make any faux pas before I push the boundaries:

1. What is a culturally appropriate way to bring my presence into the land? Must I start small and build up a story? Or can I make up a "plausible" backstory for something that may have been around for a while in Nocturnus (eg. vampire bloodline, werebear cult), but flying under the radar and previously "not spoken about"?

2. Is anything named on the map taken? As in, should I be (most extreme option first):

- conjuring a new place on the map and giving it a name, like requesting to add a patch of swamp to the map between X and Y and claiming that as some new place where Z happens?

- giving a name to an unnamed portion, as in declaring that the portion of mountain between tower X and badlands Y is now known as peaks of Z? (unless Zed's dead already :wink:)

- only making up a story only for something that is both preexisting on the map and named, as in making up a guy that lives on X mountain pass?

- Should I be staying away from named places as they are all taken, as in "yes, fine you can make up a story about the labyrinth X but that is really Y user's area, so that's kinda lame"?

3. Is the Nocturnian backstory and "types of ongoings" set in stone? Though I would never start yelling on the forum "WELL I IT TURNS OUT THAT NOCTURNIA ACTUALLY HAS FIVE RACES OF FRIENDLY GOATMEN WITH A THRIVING EVIL FRUIT BUSINESS THAT IS MORE SIGNIFICANT THAN ALL THE OTHER RESOURCE EXTRACTION COMBINED!!" I hope I would be able to perhaps create stories that eg. communicate that the Nocturnian economy is more diversified than it would previously seem through thoughtful MOCs.

Thanks in advance for clarification!

*apologize if these were covered before, there is a lot of reading!

Hello! Though I'm no Nocturnian (Avalonia for the win!), I'll try to answer your questions as best as possible.

1. Here, you are about free to choose. Of course, it'd be hard to claim you have been the High King for several years, but everything else should be fine :wink:

2. Well, Nocturnians are less specific on locations than the others guilds, especially Avalonia. Probably because the Darklands are so hard to map... I think, though I'm not sure, they use to say things like "My town X lays in the west of Nocturnus, though east of mountain range Y. It is actually quite close to swamp Z." Of course, you are free to make up your own locations. These would generally speaking be settlements, since things like a mountain range would be, well... However, exceptions can be made for soms cases like Blufiji's Reach (I honestly can't remember who was there first, the swamp or his story). You could also build at someone else's locations, and collaborations are even encouraged, but this should be asked to the respective "owner", by PM or so.

As a general rule, I would also try not to name to many things of which there are no MOCs.

Even when no story is "set in stone", Nocturnus is the most free of all guilds when it comes to such things. They host the most diverse races, ... Just try not to defy someone else's story, and you'll be fine!

Hope this helps, lloking forward to your buils! :thumbup:

@mishtron Greetings, welcome to our Guild! To answer your questions:

First of all, let me start by saying that there is a whole lot of freedom in Nocturnus, in terms of rules. 

1. I don't know exact statistics, but most of our characters either seem to be leader of some race/alliance/town (Lord Ravaage, Lord Vladivus, Gal-Turok, Osric Isentooth), or a self-proclaimed powerful wizard. Little exceptions that I know of (Remington Rot: the undead bard, and some mercenary). No obligations to give your character prescence in your MOCs, let alone writing a personal saga. Many like to do that, though. :wink:

2. So, unlike Avalonia, we are not going to assign and claim our strictly flag-pole-boundary-marked patches of territory. :laugh: The Darklands are very wild, dangers lurk in just about every corner; things will try to eat you, other beings will try to rob you.. and then eat you! What I mean is, the relative distances are very big and thus it is hard to maintain absolute control over a considerably big area all the time. Therefor:

• We like to establish our turf in the form of a fortress/town/city, a (relatively!) safe haven surrounded by Nocturnian wilderness. If you flesh out these establishments with builds, you may be allowed to indicate their place on the map, so that they will be there with the next map update (can take a while).
  • Usual indication of where some build is located: 'Northern Rakath mountains', 'somewhere in the Moruth Swamplands', 'a day east of Skavenport', etc.
  • We also like to establish our own towns, so we can go crazy with unique architecture. Kyrrath, City of Purple is a perfect example. Building in somebody's city considered a form of collaboration: message the respective member about it. Be careful that the surrounding area may appear often in that person's backstory, you could read up to that to see if your ideas fit in in that area.

3. Nocturnus offers mining resources, an unmatched diversity of creatures and races, shady activities (armies for hire and stuff, who knows?) and powerful (dark) magic. There may be more trade with other guilds than you might expect! Your idea of werebears and a strong vampire bloodline (like Vladivus) sounds great. 

Like @TitusV says: try to balance building and story. Build first, gain name and fame along the way! :grin:

Great answers, @Exetrius, though I must say I'm quite proud of my  flag-pole-boundary-markers (true oak, dear sir, and Kaliphlin silk for the flags!) :laugh:

1 minute ago, TitusV said:

Great answers, @Exetrius, though I must say I'm quite proud of my  flag-pole-boundary-markers (true oak, dear sir, and Kaliphlin silk for the flags!) :laugh:

See? Archetypical tree hugger right here! :tongue: Nice signature btw, just updated mine too (after eh.. a year and two months?). :grin::thumbup:

Yup, a typical Homo Avalonicus here :wink: But I think we can call you a typical pumpkin-pie-baker too!

Thanks! I know, I usually just forget about signatures so they're builds from like three years ago :tongue: