ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

7 hours ago, Isundir said:

Greetings,

Some time ago I travelled to these lands of Historica to join up with the Avalonians, I managed to build a few things but due to my ongoing battle with depression I quickly was rendered inactive on all of Eurobricks, although recently (the start of this year) I managed to pick my bricks back up and found new strength to build.

After an itch to build new fantasy themed MOC's again, I developed a new story, continueing the tale of my sigfig now on a dark malicious path. For this I would like to ask if there is any possibility to make a one time switch to Nocturnus.

And if understandably not possible, if instead at least I would be allowed to be a part of no faction at all and just freely build and post my stories set in the world of Historica.

Due to my struggles I regardless can't promise to be active for any given time, although currently things are more or less on the right track.

Great to see you have won your battle!

I'm not sure about switching guilds (the leaders should decidde about that), but I quite sure that after every book, you're allowed to switch. And we're just running the (normally) last contest of Book II!

That being said, it's not because you're Avalonian that you can't build in the other Guilds. We all have moments where we feel like belonging to another guild, and expressing that feeling with a MOC set in the other Guild's land is accepted, even encouraged! Alink with your sigfig backstory is appreciated, though not required.

3 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Great to see you have won your battle!

I'm not sure about switching guilds (the leaders should decidde about that), but I quite sure that after every book, you're allowed to switch. And we're just running the (normally) last contest of Book II!

That being said, it's not because you're Avalonian that you can't build in the other Guilds. We all have moments where we feel like belonging to another guild, and expressing that feeling with a MOC set in the other Guild's land is accepted, even encouraged! Alink with your sigfig backstory is appreciated, though not required.

I understand, but to be honest I feel like I belong more in Nocturnus, even back when I joined Avalonia. T'is a silly reason but because I was in a Nocturnus variant in another LEGO Fantasy Role Building Forum like Historica a few years back I somehow felt obligated not to join Nocturnus at the time, looking back on it I know don't know why I felt that way though.

Edited by Isundir

1 minute ago, Isundir said:

I understand, but to be honest I feel like I belong more in Nocturnus, even back when I joined Avalonia. T'is a silly reason but because I was in a Nocturnus variant in another LEGO Fantasy Role Building Forum like Historica a few years back I somehow felt obligated not to join Nocturnus at the time, looking back on it I know don't know why I felt that way though.

I understand you as well, but you'd have to talk with the leadership about switching guilds. And even while being Avalonian, nothing stops you from building only in Nocturnus :wink: 

I think I read somewhere that the guild switching option will be open at the beginning of Book III. PM one of the leaders to be sure.

This challenge is the conclusion of the Nocturnus Civil War, so I think starting the story for a character with that is the way to go. Then when Book III starts, name the character your sigfig. Having characters from other guilds doesn't go against the rules. You might even want to keep your old sigfig as a secondary character.

If you want to keep your sigfig the same, you could just have him support a side in Nocturnus, and when Book III opens have him decide to stay.

8 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

I think I read somewhere that the guild switching option will be open at the beginning of Book III. PM one of the leaders to be sure.

This challenge is the conclusion of the Nocturnus Civil War, so I think starting the story for a character with that is the way to go. Then when Book III starts, name the character your sigfig. Having characters from other guilds doesn't go against the rules. You might even want to keep your old sigfig as a secondary character.

If you want to keep your sigfig the same, you could just have him support a side in Nocturnus, and when Book III opens have him decide to stay.

My intention is for my current sigfig to join Nocturnus and not a new character yes, I have a story idea on that.

Talking is silver, building is gold. I'll asume it's fine either way if I start putting out MOC's and then officially join Nocturnus on the new Book so I'll start working on my new Historica build today.

1 hour ago, Isundir said:

Talking is silver, building is gold. I'll asume it's fine either way if I start putting out MOC's and then officially join Nocturnus on the new Book so I'll start working on my new Historica build today.

I'm looking forward to your build!

15 minutes ago, TitusV said:

I'm looking forward to your build!

I just finished my first build and hope to have pictures up by noon, very happy with it for a 2 hour speed build :classic:

1 hour ago, Isundir said:

I just finished my first build and hope to have pictures up by noon, very happy with it for a 2 hour speed build :classic:

Waw, two hour is amazingly quick man! You made me even more curious!

1 hour ago, TitusV said:

Don't forget to link in the Freebuild Topic! :classic: 

Thanks for the reminder! It appears that I still have unregistered freebuilds from almost a year ago... :hmpf:

Hi!

I am building my entry for the challenge, Category A.- Riders of Historica, and i have a question.

I do not know the exact details yet, but i would like to write a little story- that from the West of Nocturnus, a courier brings the news to the far eastern parts of the land, where my sig fig lives. So that courier is sent behind enemy lines (as i know the Spire rules over the eastern, and southern parts of Nocturnus) by the Resistance, because it is the most important to them to spread the word, that the King has returned.

The Abyssian castle seems to be still in the hands of the Resistance (?), but as i read the stories here, it looks like Shadowmere is more the center of the resistance, isn't it?

Are these guys the soldiers of Shadowmere? I have one minifig of these "Red Dragon Knights". Can i use it in my scene as the courier? Would this story be lore friendly/ accurate? @Lord Vladivus

Or do you think, i should use a non uniformed person? Like he is in disguise, because he is in enemy territory?

@Lazer I'm not sure if Vlad will respond quick enough to not hold back from building, so I'll go ahead and say the red dragon knights are indeed Shadowmere soldiers, so that would make it lore friendly. 

By my knowledge, Abyssian is in the hands of the Resistance, but it is still being besieged by the Spire. Shadowmere is the Resistance's greatest stronghold.

Btw, I'm also busy with a GoH moc, cheers! :wink:

19 hours ago, Exetrius said:

@Lazer I'm not sure if Vlad will respond quick enough to not hold back from building, so I'll go ahead and say the red dragon knights are indeed Shadowmere soldiers, so that would make it lore friendly. 

By my knowledge, Abyssian is in the hands of the Resistance, but it is still being besieged by the Spire. Shadowmere is the Resistance's greatest stronghold.

Btw, I'm also busy with a GoH moc, cheers! :wink:

Hi!

Thanks for the info!

Good luck with your moc!

I made my swamp cabin's new roof, with the slopes in columns! Looks good i think. Will take some pics asap.

Today, i might finish my vignette for the challenge. I only need the characters now, and to do the posing. After that i will start to write the story. Hope, everything will be ready before the end of the week!:wink:

Edited by Lazer

My second freebuild is up, I tried to consider the criticisms of my last build while making this one.

At this point I'm going to just fanatically continue working on my GoH MOC's and Storyline, under the assumption that if my switch was not fine then an Admin would have long intervened by now.

Edited by Isundir

Episode 13 of my saga has arrived:

It's a little lengthy, but there's major plot advancement! :grin:

Edited by Exetrius

Just going to mention that I'm sort of on a break for 2 weeks as I'm swamped with school and work, but I have 2 major projects planned for an upcoming vacation week, a full Nocturian building instead of my usual vigs for GoH that also continues Lupin's story, but I also am working on a (by my standards) big Sci-Fi display.

Are we still getting the results for the Pumkin Pie mini challenge? (I was recently browsing flickr and rediscovered some awesome entries)

On 18-2-2017 at 11:49 AM, Isundir said:

Just going to mention that I'm sort of on a break for 2 weeks as I'm swamped with school and work, but I have 2 major projects planned for an upcoming vacation week, a full Nocturian building instead of my usual vigs for GoH that also continues Lupin's story, but I also am working on a (by my standards) big Sci-Fi display.

Two weeks? That's about half of the time between my uploads for the Guilds, no worries! :grin:

Hello, I am new to GoH and very excited to join the guild of Nocturnus. I will be posting my sigfig soon!

I present Lord Jürgen, of the spire. He is a loyal supporter of the spire, and is currently building up his forces to smite all who stand in his way! Sorry if the camera quality isn't that good, I'm doing this on an IPad. I am a casual builder, so I apologize if my builds are less than fantastic. I appreciate constructive criticism.

Welcome to the guilds Dankyee, although not the best (that title would go to Avalonia :tongue:) Nocturnus is a good choice. And no need to apoligize, all of us are at that point some kind in our life. 

You might want to fix up the linky. I suggest using the bbc code, which will show the image on the post. Other wise you've nailed everything else :thumbup: