ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

:classic:

Wish I had picked up one of these while they were still available in stores. Ah, so many regrets!

Alright, so I am well keen to get involved with Historica. Even though the amazing building skills of the members on here scare me. Even though my collection is tiny. I will have a go :classic:

---

It lies in the cave and down the well,

Makes not a sound, makes not a smell

Some men fear, some embrace it,

And even the stars are written against it.

"What is it?"

"I don't know," the boy said with a scowl.

"It is darkness."

11484740793_3d120458c4.jpg

Kelstro, Master of Riddles, moves through the night of Nocturnus, his plans as yet unknown. It is said he riddled the Minotauri of the western labyrinth with such skill that they linger around him, watching and listening, hoping to learn his tricks.

Rumours say the elusive Kelstro is loyal to Lord Ssilyrrlith. If he is loyal to anyone beyond himself.

---

Future builds will feature a proper camera and lighting… hopefully :sceptic:

Welcome. No need to be intimidated, we're here to help you grow!

Thanks zC! Mostly I'm trying to absorb people's cool techniques right now, but should have time to put something up in Challenge 1.

Welcome! Nice intro, different sort of character too!

Yes, it's very nice to see a unique sort of character for Nocturnus (though most of them can be labelled "unique"). I'm looking forward to your builds!

Finally started challenge 1, cat b is half done, a has the minifigs sorted and c has nothing but i may give it a whirl

Finally started challenge 1, cat b is half done, a has the minifigs sorted and c has nothing but i may give it a whirl

Exactly the same state as I'm in now :tongue:

Not sure if I will have time to make any serious attempt at more than A and B though...

I hope it's not too late to enter!

Here are my sig figs!

11429119374_5255a5b826_z.jpg

Houjou brothers by mrerikku, on Flickr

11429119914_97c7f1786d_z.jpg

Houjou Brothers by mrerikku, on Flickr

Names from left to right,

Tora, Tsuru, and Kitsun

On their way to the east side of Kaliphlin in hopes of establishing trade, they were thrown off course. Getting caught in a mighty storm, their vessel had be smashed to pieces on the south east side of Nocturnus. Out of the entire crew, They were the only three survivors. Gathering what they could, they set forth. Completely oblivious to the current affairs going on around them, the three brothers served whoever paid the most. The only thing that mattered was staying alive while holding onto the dream that they'd someday be able to return home.

Not much is known of the three, as the seldom speak. Rumor has spread that they come from a village named Houjou far to the east. Since setting foot in the new world, their true names have never been spoken. Rather, they introduce themselves as an animal in their tongue. Tora is the heavy weight and the largest of the the three brothers, he wields his massive tetsubo with a sole purpose to smash opponents.. Out of the three, Tsuru speaks the most, he's the diplomat and is the leader. Kitsune on the other hand hardly says a word. He communicates via gestures in ways only his brothers understand. He's the fastest and quietest, and often times keeps watch in the evenings.

Hello fellow Nocturnus inhabitants! I present you Podkar:

post-74714-0-36049600-1390360570_thumb.jpg

Podkar is a lone survivor of a massacre in his home camp. After escaping he devoted several years to mastering two-handed weapon combat. He is also skilled in engineering. Podkar wears light plate armor with heavy protection to the head.

Recently Podkar landed at the southern shore of the Rakath Mountains. He figured he will best fit into the world of Nocturnus. His first task is to build out a basic camp into the mountain and begin his saga. Podkar carries a few jewels which he uses for trade when needed.

Pictures of incomming camp soon to follow.

Edited by bgalakazam

"Hail and well met Podkar. I extend the hand of friendship (such as it is in these dark times), and bid thee watch out for the treacherous Black Spire renegades."

Welcome bgalakazam, great to see the best guild getting more members! Looking forward to your camp!

Here is a cutaway view from Podkar's cave. It's been over 12 years since I freebuilt anything so it's kind of crappy for now.

As the dusk approached Podkar was pressed to find a covered area for the night. He found a small cave a few meters off ground level which seemed naturally formed without any trace of wildlife. He put on the realm's banner at the entrance to let his presense be known as well as a fire to keep the wild beasts and flies away for the night. He fell asleep on his make-shift hay bed.

j0WGbFv.jpg

Greetings Podkar and yes, as Lord Vladivus stated, this is the best guild, however the "renegades" with soon rule all of Nocturnus.

"Even if this unthinkable and heinous act comes to pass, I shall never accept it. Shadowmere will secede. All Nocturnus loyalists will be welcome. You cannot win. The Black Spire will fall, even if I have to topple it with my bare hands. Mark my words traitor, for they may be the last you hear before you die. And don't think for a moment death will be a release- it will avail you not, for you will become yet another foot soldier in my army. FOR NOCTURNUS!"

I can't give you any more till the challenge in Avalonia is over. Spoilers! ;)

I am curious as to how it will all play out- if either side wins, will the other side play as an antagonistic entity, similar to Angeli's Drow in Book 1? I for one, see Vladivus as a staunch Nocturnian loyalist, and I don't see him accepting Ravaages rule, especially after the Black Spire's actions against him. Nocturnian in exile perhaps? Hmmm food for thought. I haven't really planned that out. Eh, we've got till the last challenge in Book 2 I suppose, when we return to Nocty again.

If I understand correctly, the cross-guild challenge battle for Nocturnus has just ended? Also, do we have any guild-only challenges at the moment? If not, I'll keep expanding Podkar's base.

Yeah, just finished. There's not currently any guild challenges. Just keep going with freebuilds right now! Are you aware freebuilds are posted in their own topic? You can include a link here as well. :)