ZCerberus

Book II - Nocturnus: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Gideon? Probably already staying in the South :wacko:

Yes I am, at least for now. Looking forward to building in the other lands as well however, and who knows where this restless half-elf will be at the end of Book II :wink:

With the new categories, even someone without a lot of access to their bricks may be able to participate in the smaller challenges. I think you should stick with your Nocty friends and participate when you can!

Yes I am, at least for now. Looking forward to building in the other lands as well however, and who knows where this restless half-elf will be at the end of Book II :wink:

uh wait, NOOOO!

ZC, quit poaching our members or we will sink your swamp further into the Eastern Ocean!!! :tongue:

Then S'dak'l'vil'th and his minions pledge to the Black Spire!

Weren't you always one of the few who stayed loyal to ssylirrth (or whatever his name is) ? :D

Weren't you always one of the few who stayed loyal to ssylirrth (or whatever his name is) ? :D

We're a fickle bunch here in Nocturnus, almost everyone's declaring for Lord Ravaage.

now which side in this planned civil war would the drow actually be on?

now which side in this planned civil war would the drow actually be on?

Ravaage's. According to the background, it's an alliance of Drow, Varylio and Hand of Corruption remnants, collectively the Black Spire. The Drow have tried to get rid of the current leadership before.

well, that makes things easier once we have to chose sides! Varlyrian renegade sellswords threaten savety in Mitgardia and the drow have tried to cross our border more than once. So, Say no to Drow! (just aquired three black heads that need to be chopped off at some point)

Edited by kabel

We're a fickle bunch here in Nocturnus, almost everyone's declaring for Lord Ravaage.

If it comes to an imbalance, I'll be fine with switching sides to even things out.

If it comes to an imbalance, I'll be fine with switching sides to even things out.

No need. If every Nocturnian wants to be with Spire, that just means when we assign other participants a side, they will be on Ssilythrrlith's side.

No need. If every Nocturnian wants to be with Spire, that just means when we assign other participants a side, they will be on Ssilythrrlith's side.

Hey, I declared for Ssilythrrlith! Although I probably shouldn't broadcast that too much the way things are going!

well, that makes things easier once we have to chose sides! Varlyrian renegade sellswords threaten savety in Mitgardia and the drow have tried to cross our border more than once. So, Say no to Drow! (just aquired three black heads that need to be chopped off at some point)

I agree! I'm in a similar position. Those Drow only want to enslave- I wish my fellow Nocturnians would see this- we'll be better off with them under OUR control, not vice versa.

Just to be clear, do we have to pick a side?

I think (I could be wrong) if you don't pick a side, you're assigned one- I.e. the side which has the fewest participants.

Actually, you don't if you don't participate in any of the challenges. Nocturnians get to pick their side for this civil war, anyone else who wishes to participate gets assigned a side. If you don't want your fig to pick a side (or the side you get assigned would be counter to your fig's character), you can create a new character for the challenge.

It'll work like this-

On or about October 1st (tenatively) the challenge will be announced. The teams will be assigned on or abour October 8th.

1. If your home guild is Nocturnus, declare you are in for the challenge and choose your side. If you do not choose a side, you will be lumped in with the people below.

2. If your home guild is NOT Nocturnus or if your home guild is Nocturnus but you do not wish to choose a side, declare you are in for the challenge and you will be assigned a side. The sides will be "balanced" as best as possible to make the challenge competitive.

You may also notice you will know for SURE which side you are in if you are in Nocturnus, which will mean you can start building right away while those who are not homed in Nocturnus will have to wait about a week to know for sure which side they will be on. I don't see this as a big deal as you can probably still begin building before you know which banner you'll be hanging from your builds, but it will be a little advantage when you are in your home guild.

If you are assigned a side that doesn't fit your character's personality, you can make a new character for the challenge. Who knows, maybe you'll fall in love with a new guild.

I figure the more competitive the challenges are overall, the better the entries will be and the more fun the challenges will be. "Random" assignement outside your home guild will also give you a chance to work with new people and hopefully make some new friends.

too bad us outsiders will have to chose a side because there is nothing Eric Grimmson (who will have onto to this expedition to regain his lordship) would loath more than fighting side by side with the drow!

Honestly, as far as I know Angeli, if he had to pick a side for his Drow, it would be the side of Lord Sslyrith :D I gonna ask him soon :)