Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

I'm up to 7 now, and only have Emmet twice (which I don't mind, as he's useful in my city too). Today we got two, the mermaid was a dead giveaway. My girlfriend is into the "feeling" too and found WW Wildstyle. Next to that I've also got Lincoln, the female construction worker and the Business guy.

Yeah, I've noticed this before. Back when the regular Minifigures line was up to Series 7 or 8, I found out my local Target still had a whole unopened case of Series 6 left in the back that they didn't put out on because they just no longer had room for it in the current planogram. When I asked about them they would bring out the box and let me feel the packets (cherry-picking all the Roman Soldiers), and when I was done they just took it back to the stockroom or warehouse or whatever they call it.

Yeah Target can be pretty strict about their planograms, so they just kinda have to find a balance between sticking to the planograms and not ending up with stock that has to be clearanced.

There were far too many Emmets and Pandas in the 4 boxes I went through today in TRU, but I'm really struggling to find the cat woman, which I thought would be an easy one.

Finished the series today!!

Shakespear was on display and I pointed it out to my friend then the lady said

Would you like that one?

Then I picked a bag and it was velma!?!

Woo!

How many of you have experienced in your areas the price increase on the CMF's? Most local are $3.99 (Walgreen, TRU, Target)but a small store luckily has then still at the old price. My apologies if this has been covered.

I'm still waiting on 4- the mermaid, Abraham Lincoln, Where's my pants guy and Gail. The big issue I'm having in London is a lack of places I can really stand around feeling the bags (and naturally every time I ever risk blind buying I get Lord Business or Emmet).

I found CMFs in my local WHSmith, Smyths and Waterstones. Only bought Wiley today, will come back for more!

I really want Marsha, Gail and Larry

Edit

Just got Marsha, Larry, Lincoln and Wiley Fusebot! I'm so happy

Edited by Themadpatter

I found CMFs in my local WHSmith, Smyths and Waterstones. Only bought Wiley today, will come back for more!

Asda & Argos also do them & maybe cheaper (£2.27 & £2.29 respectively)

Does anyone know how long until this line gets discontinued? I'm trying to collect all the figures before I start buying the other sets as I imagine the sets will have a much longer shelf time.

might want make collecting the ones you want a high priorty. Most of the time the CMF's of one wave go "bye-bye" when another one comes(either all stock or no more coming after the existing stock is used up pending the store) and unless something changes there's 3 more waves coming this year so that means that TLM could be gone within a couple months or so.

There were far too many Emmets and Pandas in the 4 boxes I went through today in TRU, but I'm really struggling to find the cat woman, which I thought would be an easy one.

Gotta feel for the hair. It's very long. The cat is harder to feel than you might think.

I purchased my first six a few weeks ago and after feeling for half an hour I got myself 1 Taco Tuesday Guy, 1 Lord Business, 1 Panda suit man, 1 Emmett and 2 Larry's!

Got odd looks from passing children but after feeling around for a while I got President Business, Abraham Lincoln, Mermaid, Construction Emmett and Guy in Panda Suit.

One thing I've noticed, there are tons of these figures still at target. Typically with other series, I had to get them quick because they would be sold out right away. So I did that with this series. But there are lots left still. I assume because of all of the hype. Too bad there weren't any good army builders. I got my 16 with a few spares and called it good. I guess buy them now since the next two series are going to be $1 more per pack. For a standard 16, that is an extra 5 figures you would have purchased!! Ridiculous.

Edited by TheLegoDr

any chance it could just be them restocking? Series 11 at the target appeared to be a near full new box but when i began feeling for the 2 i wanted, i felt tons of mountain guys, elves, gingerbread guys, and a couple other types yet about 5 figs that i found zero of. i know that it's on a 2 full set cycle but the problem is that even for a 120 box, there was defiantly a lot more there of certain types then there should of been.

I need 6 more: Calamity Drone, Scribble-Faced Bad Cop, Velma Staplebot, Wiley Fusebot, the Panda Suit Guy, and the Mermaid.

I have 3 President Businesses, 2 Emmets, Wild West Wyldstyle, Abraham Lincoln, Mrs. Scratchen Post, Shakespeare, Gail, Larry, the Taco Tuesday Guy, and 2 Where Are My Pants Guys.

I've only been seeing these at TRUs lately - Target, Walmart, and Fred Meyers are sold out and the local Lego store is very picked over. TRU has them at $3.99 which might be making some people rethinking it, but I may need to just bite the bullet and hit TRU to finish the set.

I really do like this series, and it sure is a great way to promote the movie and the Minifigures line itself. So far, I have Scribble Face Bad Cop (and having seen the movie, know the story of how he came to be), Hard Hat Emmet, and the slightly disappointing Wiley Fusebot. Still looking for the Where are my Pant's Guy, Abraham Lincoln, and the Panda Guy.