Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

The Target in my area completely restocked the LEGO movie endcap with Series 11 figures, no TLM fig to be seen, but I got a tip from a friend of mine that the local K-Mart had them so I went over and got some. Two Marsha the Mermaids, which was worth the trip, but absolutely no Mrs. Scratchen-Post! I really wanna get more of her but I've only found one so far. Lots of Larry the Batistas which is unusual for me. Only one William Shakespear, one Gail and a few Lincolns. The rarest figures seem to be all girls, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, Gail and Marsha.

I don't know if this has been noticed, but there are six females in this series, rather than the regular five. Do you think this will be the standard for future series, or just a one off?

Where's my Pants guy that doesn't have broken legs (3 I got were very loose and popped off easily)

Yikes! But what do mean, exactly - the hips being loose when connected to the torso, or the hips/legs assembly being loose by itself (I.e., the legs coming off the hips)?

I don't know if this has been noticed, but there are six females in this series, rather than the regular five. Do you think this will be the standard for future series, or just a one off?

Well, this isn't part of the "regular" line, but instead part of The LEGO Movie line, and doesn't really reflect what the numbered series will have... although TLG is undoubtedly aware of the increasing demand for female minifigure representation, and presumably would like to meet it.

I hope so, though I wouldnt count on it. Many of the figs are historical or action / sci-fi figures, and these have a male bias. We cant very well get a female legionary or revolutionary soldier, and I think a female galactic marine is unlikely, though not undesirable. So, is there enough source material for female figs that dont slide into sterotypes like "secretary" or "cleaning lady"?

Yikes! But what do mean, exactly - the hips being loose when connected to the torso, or the hips/legs assembly being loose by itself (I.e., the legs coming off the hips)?

The leg assembly to torso assembly. Either the studs on leg assembly were made too small or torso assembly were made too big. It's like it's made by Megablock.

My desire for these figures might be ignited after I see the Lego movie; it is opening this Friday, I'm pretty excited, lol.

The leg assembly to torso assembly. Either the studs on leg assembly were made too small or torso assembly were made too big. It's like it's made by Megab***k.

Three, seriously? That's pretty bad. :sceptic::thumbdown:

I visited a Walmart the other day, and couldn't find any of the figures, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to look for more. There's only

a few I'm really interested though, those being Hard Hat Emmet, Bad Cop (for the phone :wink:), and the Panda Suit Guy.

I ended up finding one Mermaid in the Disney Lego Store - took me 30 mins to search through all 8 bins by the registers... People were asking me what was in each bag when they stood in line - they noticed I was feeling the bags, ha-ha!!

They had too many Pandas, Taco Tuesday's, Wild-style's, and Emmet's by feel. I have 10 of the 16 so far...

I've given up on collecting minifigures for a while now, after buying 8 packets I now have 2 president businesses and 3 damn coffee guys... :hmpf_bad: Screw you and your blind bags TLG!!! :angry:

Could anyone give me a hint on what to look for when feeling for Gail? I've been to two different locations that had this series and gotten all 16 except for Gail!

Jackhammer

I just got Lord Business's Evil Lair today, and I noticed some differences between that version of President Business and the CMF version that I hadn't noticed before. Specifically, his jacket is buttoned up, while the CMF version is unbuttoned, and his "angry face" is not as angry as the one on the CMF version. The reverse face was obviously different (the CMF version has a stern expression, while the one in the Evil Lair has a robotic visor), but I'm impressed that the torsos are also unique. I love how the designers took care to make so many unique variants of the characters, so that even ones who appear in multiple sets wouldn't necessarily feel like exact duplicates.

Emmet is a great example.

• Main variant — Determined smirk on one side, screaming on the other side. Appears in 70800, 70801, 70802, 70808, 70809, and 70815.
  • Secondary variant — Cheeky smile on one side, worried expression on other side. Appears in 30280 and 70803.
  • Tertiary variant — Wide open smile on one side, angry snarl on the other side. Appears in 70814
  • Construction Worker Emmet — Wide open smile on one side (different from tertiary variant), wide open smile with closed eyes on the other side. Appears in 71004.
  • Pyjamas Emmet — Winking on one side, yawning on the other side. Appears in 5002045.
  • Western Emmet — Wearing a mustache. Appears in 5002204.
  • Robot Emmet — Wearing a robot disguise. Appears in 70816.

That's a lot of Emmets! But although every one but Pyjamas Emmet have the same torso and leg decorations, there are a total of 12 unique faces! These sets will be a treasure-trove for people wanting to make LEGO Movie stop-motion brickfilms!

=

That's a lot of Emmets! But although every one but Pyjamas Emmet have the same torso and leg decorations, there are a total of 12 unique faces! These sets will be a treasure-trove for people wanting to make LEGO Movie stop-motion brickfilms!

Or any sort of brickfilm; since Emmet's face is essentially just the classic smiley, you could use it for all sorts of characters.

I'm looking for WW Wyldstyle, Hard Hat Emmet, Shakespeare, Larry, Wiley Fusebot, and Taco Tuesday Guy. Any tips (and I'm not that good at feeling)?

I'm looking for WW Wyldstyle, Hard Hat Emmet, Shakespeare, Larry, Wiley Fusebot, and Taco Tuesday Guy. Any tips (and I'm not that good at feeling)?

Wyldestyle: Start with the sloped legs/dress. If there's no gun, it's Wyldstyle. If there is a gun, it's Calamity Drone.

Emmet: Find the 1 x 2 tile. If you also find handcuffs, it's Bad Cop. If there's seemingly no handcuffs, check the helmet for bumps.

Shakespeare: Haven't found him yet, but the 2 x 2 tile is your starting point.

Larry: The coffee cup. This one is tricky, because it might feel like a head, but it should be narrower.

Wiley: The dynamite.

Taco Tuesday: The big round dish is a dead giveaway.

I did find what I think is Mrs. Scratchen-Post today. We'll find out for sure on Friday, as I'm leaving it out as a Valentine's treat for my daughter. Her hair is HUGE, though. It's ridiculous feeling for the cat, though, because within the package it feels like a brick with weird bumps on it. I felt the curve of the tail, so I'm pretty sure that it's Scratchen-Post. (I wonder which cat it is? Jeff?)

The Target in my area completely restocked the LEGO movie endcap with Series 11 figures, no TLM fig to be seen, but I got a tip from a friend of mine that the local K-Mart had them so I went over and got some. Two Marsha the Mermaids, which was worth the trip, but absolutely no Mrs. Scratchen-Post! I really wanna get more of her but I've only found one so far. Lots of Larry the Batistas which is unusual for me. Only one William Shakespear, one Gail and a few Lincolns. The rarest figures seem to be all girls, Mrs. Scratchen-Post, Gail and Marsha.

The same exact thing happened at our local Target too!! They have the Lego Movie display, they had the figures, I bought about eight of them, then I went in the other day and there wasn't a single Movie bag, but there were about four series 11 bags in the sections of the Movie display, and they'd hung about 20 series 11 bags underneath it! I'm so confused.

The same exact thing happened at our local Target too!! They have the Lego Movie display, they had the figures, I bought about eight of them, then I went in the other day and there wasn't a single Movie bag, but there were about four series 11 bags in the sections of the Movie display, and they'd hung about 20 series 11 bags underneath it! I'm so confused.

They had extra stock of series 11 left over because they either didn't sell or they weren't put out when they were supposed to, because they're the same price point it's easy for them to put them out there in the same display because they haven't been taken out of the system they can still sell them. It's not best practice, but they don't have a place to put a display for both so they stock what they have left over of series 11 in the LEGO movie display so that they don't end up losing money on the series 11 they have left over.

Kmart had plenty out today. I made a quick search and grabbed Wildstyle, mostly for the outfit. With the exception of mrs. Scratch n Post I've gotten everything I want from this. The robots and workers don't tempt me enough to spring for them.

They had extra stock of series 11 left over because they either didn't sell or they weren't put out when they were supposed to, because they're the same price point it's easy for them to put them out there in the same display because they haven't been taken out of the system they can still sell them. It's not best practice, but they don't have a place to put a display for both so they stock what they have left over of series 11 in the LEGO movie display so that they don't end up losing money on the series 11 they have left over.

Makes sense.

Yeah, I've noticed this before. Back when the regular Minifigures line was up to Series 7 or 8, I found out my local Target still had a whole unopened case of Series 6 left in the back that they didn't put out on because they just no longer had room for it in the current planogram. When I asked about them they would bring out the box and let me feel the packets (cherry-picking all the Roman Soldiers), and when I was done they just took it back to the stockroom or warehouse or whatever they call it.

got 2 of em as a gift today, one hard hat Emmet and 2 where are my pants guys,