Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

Are these selling well in other places? My local Target has had the same box since release, I think, and they still haven't ran out. If course, they could just be actively replenishing the box, and the fact that they aren't in the LEGO aisle may play a part in this, but my store isn't known to frequently replenish minifigures.

I got my 10th (I think) figure yesterday, which was Marsha and I'm pretty impressed with this series.

Are these selling well in other places? My local Target has had the same box since release, I think, and they still haven't ran out. If course, they could just be actively replenishing the box, and the fact that they aren't in the LEGO aisle may play a part in this, but my store isn't known to frequently replenish minifigures.

I got my 10th (I think) figure yesterday, which was Marsha and I'm pretty impressed with this series.

From what I've seen, totally. My Target runs out and always puts up loose packs without boxes. Lots of people I know who are casual LEGO fans that are excited for the movie are buying the crud out of this series. :sweet:

I hope LEGO Minifigures - The Simpsons Series does just as good if not better. :classic:

Well, it's technically an end cap box. :tongue:

Interesting to hear that they're selling better in other areas, especially since Series 11 sold out within days at release here and that my nearest LEGO store was sold out too.

Well, it's technically an end cap box. :tongue:

Interesting to hear that they're selling better in other areas, especially since Series 11 sold out within days at release here and that my nearest LEGO store was sold out too.

If you really wanna be technical they're usually sidecap boxes.

As for The Simpsons, I don't know how well they'll sell. I've been pleasantly surprised with how it's been made, and I'll probably get the full series, but I don't know if I'll really feel so "hyped" over it as I have been with the past 12 series. It just comes down to whether we get any new accessories with these. I'm sure we will, but at the same time, I wonder whether the cost to mould 12 or whatever (however many we haven't already seen that are supposedly confirmed to be in the series) heads will effect the accessories we get

Only one of my local Targets ever had this series and none of the Walmarts carried it this time around. Series 10 and 11 were carried at all six of these Walmarts and Targets. It seems to be returning to the pre-series 10 days. I did find them at one of my Walgreens though.

In my area, it seems to be an issue with people opening the packets in the store. Recently one Target put out an entire endcap display of series 9 but someone had cut tiny slits in the bags to see who was inside. I only discovered when I felt one and the bag tore worse.

Another Walmart had a series 11 endcap display stuffed sideways on an unrelated aisle. I made room in the cluttered LEGO aisle and the next week about half were sold.

I just go the Emmet one today. I was on the fence since there are so many Emmets in the sets but the unique helmet and printed tile won me over. I had all the minifigs I want (I successfully avoided the mermaid) and the extras too. Now I happily await Series 12.

Working at Target in the past, the guys usually re-stock the same box if it appears empty - they try to push as much as possible on the shelves...

Anyone seen them anywhere in the UK yet?

Hi

My local Toymaster store (in the Isle of Man) had them in today for £2.49 each. No sign of them yet in my local WHSmith though.

Edited by greg3

Got 1 more today!

2 to go!

But I may aswell get Wild West Wyldstyle again as her face printing is :C Dosn't look like her! Her eyes are too big and the eyes are wonky such a shame a I brought her and then my friend wanted some and we cam across about 5 WWW

On a side note I have WWE coming my way!!!

I think that Virtruvius with eyes should have been a minifigure.

Even if he's not in the sets, he could end up packaged with some special edition version of the movie when it comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray. I was also surprised that he hasn't shown up in any of the sets.

Found some in my local Argos, 20p cheaper than other places! :laugh: I got 2 Baristas and 1 President business. Thinking of making some sort of coffee shop MOC with the baristas.

In the UK the 'official' price seems to be £2.49, but they are becoming available in Argos, Asda & Sainsbury's (at least) for around £2.29 instead...

When I checked the missing pieces at LEGO.com I saw a parts of the Toy Soldier minifig from the chracter encyclopedia. Anyways is that Toy Soldier is featured in this series or just an accident?

Am I the only one that has trouble with Gail's hair and hat piece? I can't get it to stick to her head.

I threw three in a Shop at Home order a few weeks ago, and got a fistful of presidents - one Lincoln, two Business. Had my first three minifigures from this line been cherry-picked by feeling packets I wouldn't have gone with a duplicate right off the bat like that, but I don't mind; President Business is actually mostly a pretty useful figure, and I plan to get a few more for the torsos, legs and Octan mugs.

After my fiancée and I got out of the advance screening yesterday we were swept up with The LEGO Movie fervor, and went to the LEGO Store at Downtown Disney, where we both got Benny posters and I picked up another nine minifigures - two scribble-faced Cops and two Taco Tuesday guys, and one apiece of Marsha the mermaid, the guy in a panda suit, and each of the three robots - along with Cloud Cuckoo Palace, the non-TLM set Surfer Rescue, and the Piece of Resistance polybag and the Batman poster. I do plan to get the entire Minifigures line (including at least a few more duplicates), along with as many of the boxed sets and promo polybags as I can. We'll see...

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Still need 5 of them.. That cat lady is a "really hard to find" one :laugh:

She's the first one I got. Still need Taco guy and Where's my Pants guy that doesn't have broken legs (3 I got were very loose and popped off easily)