Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

Bought Gail (among others) yesterday and noticed something unusual: Her helmet tilts on her head from right to left. It connects strong enough to hold the minifig's weight if you grab her by her helmet, but still! The helmet moves! Did anyone else experience such a thing? Or is it normal for a helmet mold?

Added the mermaid and scribble face, giving me a total of 7. At this point I'm pretty happy, none of the robots nor the main characters interest me. Maybe the newcomer at lady, but I just got the last one so we'll see.

Since I cannot go to the store by myself for safety, I purchased some online at bricklink and ebay plus I bought an individual minifig of a normal Emmet and Wyldstyle via bricklink and the rest are CMF series which are Abe Lincoln, Gail, Marsha, Larry the Barrista and Wild West Wyldstyle (I call her 1996 Wyldstyle).

Soon I'll be getting President Business, regular Bad Cop (not scribble face), Where are my pants guy, William Shakespeare and Panda Guy.

I have all but Wiley Fusebot, Velma Staplebot, and Mrs. Scratchen-Post. I felt up all the bags at the local Target and got all the rest. I would agree that this series so far is the hardest to figure out by feeling the bags but I have done well and only gotten one duplicate so far, which I figured out before I opened it, and I simply returned it. Looking forward to completing this series and seeing the movie!

Bought Gail (among others) yesterday and noticed something unusual: Her helmet tilts on her head from right to left. It connects strong enough to hold the minifig's weight if you grab her by her helmet, but still! The helmet moves! Did anyone else experience such a thing? Or is it normal for a helmet mold?

Seems fairly solid on mine. There is a little bit of flex as it is that softer more rubbery plastic. But no noticable rocking side to side beyond expected flex?

I almost finished with the series 11, all i need left is the Scarecrow and do anyone want a welder or yeti for a Scarecrow because they will not leave me alone.

So i do hope i get all of the Lego Movie before the next ones and hope i don't get like 50 Where Are My Pants Guy.

If I push on it gently, then yeah it tilts, but not so much wobbling if that's what you mean.

Found the last 3 today and now I have the whole set...woohoo!

Completely off-topic, but you joined on my birthday, and your username reflects that of a great comic series (or so I've heard)!

Interestingly (somewhat) Argos has listed the Lego Movie minifigures with it new catalog update and they are listed as £2.29, 20p cheaper than from the Lego stores. Simpsons figures listed as being £2.29 too.

Quality is dropping down again. Find a "where are my pants guy" that fitted pants so loose that they kept on falling down. Useless.

Mine have been mixed. Nothing as bad as that though. The worst has been Abe whose legs are very very wobbly. "A house divided against itself cannot stand" and neither will he soon, so someone less important with black legs is going to be the victim of an involuntary transplant.

Quality is dropping down again. Find a "where are my pants guy" that fitted pants so loose that they kept on falling down. Useless.

Printing quality's not great either. I got Wyldstyle and the mermaid, and Wyldstyle's eyes and mouth were crooked and way too close together, and the mermaid's entire face print was noticeably too low on the head. :sceptic:

Wyldstyle's face is compact for everyone, at least that's what reviews and images are making it look like. As for Marsha, that sounds like something big enough to ruin the figure, can you take pics?

Wyldstyle's face is compact for everyone, at least that's what reviews and images are making it look like. As for Marsha, that sounds like something big enough to ruin the figure, can you take pics?

Yeah, I just looked at the review topic, and Wyldstyle's face there looks exactly the same as the one I got. Bleh. Oh well, saves me getting a second one.

Anyway, here's my mermaid compared with the normal one. It's a small enough difference that I'd guess some people wouldn't be bothered by it, but to me it looks really weird.

Something I noticed on the CMF Bad Cop; Unlike the set, there is no back printing. I thought this was very strange, considering the front is exactly the same. Is there back printing on CMF Emmet, or have they cut it from the CMF variant?

Yeah, I just looked at the review topic, and Wyldstyle's face there looks exactly the same as the one I got. Bleh. Oh well, saves me getting a second one.

Wild West Wyldstyle's mouth bothers me, it seems like there's too much lipstick.

Anyway, here's my mermaid compared with the normal one. It's a small enough difference that I'd guess some people wouldn't be bothered by it, but to me it looks really weird.

Yeah, something's not quite right there. It looks like her eyebrows are somewhat "bent" downward. :sceptic:

Something I noticed on the CMF Bad Cop; Unlike the set, there is no back printing. I thought this was very strange, considering the front is exactly the same. Is there back printing on CMF Emmet, or have they cut it from the CMF variant?

There is back printing on Emmet.

Got Wyldstyle, WAMP?, Coffee Guy, Panda Guy, and Mrs. Scratchen-Post. Yaaay!

Honestly couldnt tell the difference at first. It wouldnt bother me, but I can understand how it would bother others.

I've only gotten Wiley Fusebot so far and everything is on point. Its better than most of the other CMFs i've gotten to be honest.

Am I the only one who sees the haircut of President Business as a bar chart?

Got myself a boll box of the series last Saturday.

Using the "feel method" opened a full 16-figure range... The thing i like most is the coffe-cup - now it's time to build Starbucks!

An interesting fact: i got the full box packed inthe cardborad box with sticker "DO NOT PUT ON SHELF before January 1st, 2014"

Ya a little off for sure, but at first glance no one will see it. Mine have all been top notch so far.

Picked up Bad Cop and Emmet today. Both are top notch minifigures, but Bad Cop's 'scribble face' is one of the most disturbing heads I own...