Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

A mariachi? We already had one.

A mermaid We already had one.

A cop? We already had one.

TWO construction workers?

Really disappointed.

If they represent good variation with new parts, I don't really care a third or fourth mermaid. Indeed we want some more original characters. Cops and construction workers would be too ordinary as CMFs since they would appear in both City and Movie sets. I'd like to see a Mexican woman too, if TLC don't mind to have seven ladies.

Even though each zombie (robot?) looks awesome and they won't be in regular sets, I think they should actually be distributed into different CMF series to avoid lacking of diversity, and it doesn't have to be a series featuring Movie characters only.

But I'm sure we'll all complain about (appropriately numbered) Series 13...

Series 13 would receive the same complaints if they really include the Simpson (family).

Edited by Dorayaki

No offense, but how come many people call(ed) the robots zombies? They have metallic skin, not grey. The have squared mouth. Their pupils are red. I think they look definitely robot.

A mariachi? We already had one.

Yeah, and and this series doesn't have another. We'll apparently have to wait until Series 14 for a second mariachi, at the earliest.

:tongue:

Overall a nice series.. not the best, not the worst neither.

I do find it a bit strange, and a pitty because this way some slots were sacrificed, that they included some of the main movie characters. Probably they will be included in most of the sets anyway..

That, and the fact one of them is an orange suit construction worker.. after members of the police force they must be amongst the most redundant minifigs around.. and we get 2 of them with this series. The fact the 2nd one is a female justifies it a bit, but still, imo, the trailers showed some more interesting / colorfull / creative figs that I would have prefered to see here.

Contrary to many other opinions I read, my favourites are the robots / zombies ( I know they are suposed to be robots, but when first seeing a small size picture they did look like zombies to me.. wishfull thinking I guess). Specially the hillbilly one.

Besides the construction workers, I am a bit disappointed by remakes of the Mexican and the mermaid too.. Not that they are bad designed figures, not at all, but a bit to similar to the ones we already got in previous series.. The cop on the other hand I find justified by the new helmet colors/design. (his phone could be part of whatever modern day town figure).

The others I ll take gladly in my colection, if not always for the figures itself, but at least for the parts.. ( as stupid the no pants guy is.. his shirt is a must have).

As usual, some misses, some ok figures and some must haves.. but as with the last couple of series.. I don't feel the need anymore to collect them all.

Edited by J.V.D.

That, and the fact one of them is an orange suit construction worker.. after members of the police force they must be amongst the most redundant minifigs around.. and we get 2 of them with this series. The fact the 2nd one is a female justifies it a bit, but still, imo, the trailers showed some more interesting / colorfull / creative figs that I would have prefered to see here.

Contrary to many other opinions I read, my favourites are the robots / zombies ( I know they are suposed to be robots, but when first seeing a small size picture they did look like zombies to me.. wishfull thinking I guess). Specially the hillbilly one.

Besides the construction workers, I am a bit disappointed by remakes of the Mexican and the mermaid too.. Not that they are bad designed figures, not at all, but a bit to similar to the ones we already got in previous series.. The cop on the other hand I find justified by the new helmet colors/design. (his phone could be part of whatever modern day town figure).

Well, we had cops, robots and zombies in previous series oo. If characters with repetitive identities could be more interesting or come with useful parts, it doesn't really matter. The third merimaid is interesting in its color and face. The new old lady also looks modern and hip. But I hoped the previous Grandma looks more like a typical country woman so that she can be in line with her Visiter granddaughter.

But the second Mexican doesn't look fresh at all. Not an opposite gender or personality. He's only valuable for those who didn't collect series 2. Gail should join City construction sets.

I kinda doubt that the repetitive characters and protagonists are added mostly because TLC can't produce too many new parts at the same time, results in some popular and distinctive characters not chosen. Hope that we can still see the others in regular sets.

Edited by Dorayaki

But the second Mexican doesn't look fresh at all. Not an opposite gender or personality. He's only valuable for those who didn't collect series 2. Gail should join City construction sets.

The second "Mexican" was in Series 2; he was the Maraca Man (the first overtly Mexican-themed character was the "Super Wrestler" luchador from Series 1, and the Aztec Warrior from Series 7 was the third). I'm guessing you're equating the guy here with the Maraca Man because of his sombrero. These two aren't even doing the same things; one's playing music while the other's serving food. The color schemes and hand accessories are totally different.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I kinda doubt that the repetitive characters and protagonists are added mostly because TLC can't produce too many new parts at the same time, results in some popular and distinctive characters not chosen. Hope that we can still see the others in regular sets.

I agree with above. This is why they had to re-use the sombrero.

The second "Mexican" was in Series 2; he was the Maraca Man (the first overtly Mexican-themed character was the "Super Wrestler" luchador from Series 1, and the Aztec Warrior from Series 7 was the third). I'm guessing you're equating the guy here with the Maraca Man because of his sombrero. These two aren't even doing the same things; one's playing music while the other's serving food. The color schemes and hand accessories are totally different.

I just think we were all hoping that if they were going to have anything at all like a mariachi that he would have a classical guitar, or at the very least a guitar case filled with guns.

I do know that, but judging by character and reusing parts, I don't think that's new enough. If there are at least a new dish element, he shall pass.

I remember when we were just hearing rumors of this series and I believe Lego had said that this series would feature "new and new again" minifigures. So, I'm not surprised at all about them reusing old figures. It does seem like they took the easy way out on some of these. I would rather have gotten some other actually new figures or some really old ones like the 1980s Space Guy, but this is pretty much what I expected from them on this series to be honest.

A robot Betty Slocum.

Don't you mean a robot Mary Elizabeth Jennifer Rachel Abergavenny Slocum...? :laugh:

Steve

No offense, but how come many people call(ed) the robots zombies? They have metallic skin, not grey. The have squared mouth. Their pupils are red. I think they look definitely robot.

They kind of look like zombies from afar. Ripped clothes and what not. :)

Plu, I think the kind of act like zombies in that one scene from the new trailer...

I am such a big fan of the new Shakespeare, and I wish they would have included his iconic skull, but I guess that would make Shakespeare and the thespian the same,with the exception of the hair and colors. I think Shakespeare is my favorite, but my second favorite would, with no hesitation, be Taco Tuesdays Guy. Also does the scroll belong to Taco Tuesdays Guy of Shakespeare, or do they each have their own (It would be logical either way [in my opinion] because it could be a menu or a script, although I'm leaning towards it belonging to Shakespeare)?

Edited by Bubble

Looking at the series more and more I just want it to be released already! This theme is really looking to be great, and if series 13 does terrible, that'll basically tell lego that licensed properties do bad at CMF. And then we'll never get a shot at the superheroes :( Nice figures though, I feel like an outsider though, since I love those bots.

Looking at the series more and more I just want it to be released already! This theme is really looking to be great, and if series 13 does terrible, that'll basically tell lego that licensed properties do bad at CMF. And then we'll never get a shot at the superheroes :( Nice figures though, I feel like an outsider though, since I love those bots.

I like the bots. I don't need an army of them, actually I don't think there's any in this series I feel like I need more than one of (maybe the coffee house guy, but that's just you need more than one person working in the coffee house), but I do like the new robots, I have definitely have uses for them.

^ Does the new give-away include a classic space guy? I thought they all looked like build a minifigure rehashes, except for the astronaut. I think last year they had a classic space guy in them though. But people want more than one of him and you have to spend >$60 at TRU to get one of those freebies, whereas a classic space guy in a CMF pack for $3 is a lot easier to swallow.

Bubble - the scroll would belong to Shakesepeare because it says "to build or not to build" and Taco Tuesday Guy has a dish with pieces of cheese? or something inside of it.

Why does everyone want the 80's space guy? Those can be found in the minifig giveaways a Toy R Us.

Toy R Us = not everywhere.

I don't think there's any in this series I feel like I need more than one of (maybe the coffee house guy, but that's just you need more than one person working in the coffee house

Although sadly all the employees would have to be called Larry as he has a name badge. That's something that really bugs me about CMFs wheen they are made into unique, non-multiple-use figures like the Mechanic (Raph) and the Waitress (Tara) when it isn't essential and they would otherwise have the potential to sell more.

Edited by lifeinplastic

Overall I think its a good series which kids watching the movie wont care too much for the variety. There are probably no statistics for it but I can imagine that the AFOLs make a small percentage of the overall Lego buying market so Lego would do well to cater for casual Lego fans who probably like police and city theme minifigs. That being said Gail and one of the robots could have been easily substituted to really make this a top theme. I don't mind that some of these may find their ways into other movie themed sets because I hardly ever purchase them.

Toy R Us = not everywhere.

Additionally, that one doesn't include the classic helmet.

But, I mean, if they did make one for the one from the movie, it wouldn't include it either.

Edited by just2good

This might be the first series that I don't catch them all. :hmpf_bad: I am not feeling the Katy Perry mermaid, and there are to many hideous zombies/robots.

I like Lord Business and his Robot minions ,lincoln,panda guy,larry and I'm glad we finally get new long grey hair ( I can finally finish my Castlevania Dracula) other than that , the rest are ok.

Edited by Dr.Cogg