Klaus-Dieter

LEGO Collectable Minifigures - The LEGO Movie Series Discussion

Female robots in western costume........hello, Westworld ! :laugh:

That coffee guy is going to be real handy......I'm working in LDD at the moment trying to reverse engineer that coffee shop featured in the latest trailer. :wink:

Hey, for a female construction worker and look at the pretty Mexican food platter.....I like this series ! :grin:

It's so hard to jugde if these are good choices or not without having seen the movie. Right now I only like Abe Lincoln and Western Wildstyle. :sceptic: Maybe the rest will grow on me after I've seen the movie.

what happened to new and new again, I only see new, well there are some I guess like Mermaid and cat lady that we have seen but I was expecting something a lot older to be new again like the space man

Edited by SMC

The Panda Guy, Shakespeare and Lincoln will be my first minifigs from this wave!

But the whole series looks very nice!

I could make a custom Lucy Ball character using the hair and torso of Velma Staplebot. :laugh:

Now I wonder if any of the past collectable minifigs will make an appearance in the film ? :wink:

Edit - just noticed the cool Octan coffee mug..........that Coffee Chain might end up with another to complete with ? :laugh:

I'm going to need a lot of Coffee Chain cups and Octan mugs......ouch, my wallet ! :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

The female construction worker, Abe Lincoln, Coffee Guy, Panda Suit Guy, and William Shakesphere are looks great, btw what happened to Michelangelo, Security Officer, Red Luchador and the Jogger?

And also Velma Staplebot looks like the Grandma from Series 11.

And no Johnny Thunder in this series :cry_sad:

Edited by JeagerEX

The line up we can officially reveal is as follows:

• William Shakespeare
  • Gail the Construction Worker
  • Panda Guy
  • Abraham Lincoln
  • Taco Tuesday Guy
  • Larry the Barista
  • President Business
  • Calamity Drone
  • Marsha Queen of the Mermaids
  • Wild West Wyldstyle
  • Scribbe-Face Bad Cop
  • Velma Staplebot
  • Hard Hat Emmet
  • “Where are my Pants?” Guy
  • Mrs. Scratchen-Post
  • Wiley Fusebot.

series12.jpg

Ooh, those are great! :wub: So many cool things, as always - and yes, there are indeed lots of whole figures and parts here that will be very useful for people making things besides scenes from The LEGO Movie. Take that, naysayers! :tongue:

Wow, where is Johnny Thunder? I thought we were going to get new and old figures remade or what not. Well, we got a boring looking Cat Lady... We just got the Grandma in Series 12. I like Abe, Panda Suit Guy, Shakespeare, Coffee Guy for the hair and cup, but for the most part, I'm really disappointed. We have to have construction Emmett and a female construction worker? Three bland robots? Sure, those robot have some nice hair pieces, but I'm sure we're getting lots of them in the sets and it's THREE this series. I really hope we don't get Bad Cop in the sets if we're getting him here in his basic-looking outfit. Another Mermaid? Pants dude is only good for the Hawaiian shirt, but his hairpiece has already come in black. Where's the Wrestler? I'm really underwhelmed by this series. Oh well, Series 13 is going to rock.

Will I still buy them all? Of course. I'm glad y'all like 'em. :classic:

Edited by just2good

I was wondering how the coffee cup in the trailer was made with real parts and now I know: it's a new mold.

I guess we will need to buy the sets to get access to the Space guy and the Morgan Freeman character. I definitely need to get a set with WyldStyle's hoody. I wonder if the cop has both his bad and good face. The Taco Tuesday guy looks almost like a straight reissue Maraca Man, which is pretty unimaginative. Abraham Lincoln is cool... he can go vampire hunting. I really wished the cat lady had white hair.

Oh, here's a pic of the uni-kitty set:

uni-kitty2.jpg

Edited by badbob001

The Panda Guy, Shakespeare and Lincoln will be my first minifigs from this wave!

I think they are my top 3, I do like the 2 guys with cups and the emmit hat/hair combo

Michelangelo is a big miss for me, maybe in a set with david too

William Shakespeare – Very, very well executed. Instantly recognisable and would have been suitable for a usual CMF series. Nice to see a new ‘bald’ piece too as I don’t like bare stud = bald figs (hopefully there will be remakes of the Grandpa hair with black and brown side hair in future)

Gail the Construction Worker – Again, this could have been included in the usual line and probably helps towards addressing any gender stereotypes. Good face and the hat + hair works well.

Panda Guy – I would have preferred a plain teddy bear suit guy but hopefully we will get one in future series.

Abraham Lincoln – like Shakespeare, very well done. I really like historical figures and hoping Elvis (or an Elvis impersonator in white jump suit) will make an appearance one day. Looks from the trailer as if Abe may play a prominent supporting role in the film.

Taco Tuesday Guy – presumably one of the ‘already seen’ figures. I liked the original Series 2 Mexican but it isn’t the guitar player we’ve been waiting for.

Larry the Barista – probably my favourite figure of the series. Great new hair and face perfect for any Lego City, Lego Movie or not!

President Business – I appreciate the corporate suit torso and like the fact that Octan must appear in the movie (takes me back to my Octan race car I had as a kid). I don’t get the hair though. Presumably this character will appear in sets as well.

Calamity Drone – possibly the worst figure of the series – ugly hat and hair combo with a torso which can’t be used much elsewhere, plus an old accessory we already have

Queen Of The Mermaids – Not particularly appealing but I like re-colours of existing parts and the torso and face are OK.

Wild West Wyldstyle – I’m not a big fan of the look of the Wyldstyle character but the torso would be good to reuse as part of the Monster Fighters theme or a Dark Elf, etc.

Scribbe-Face Cop – Somebody mentioned that this will probably be part of the sets, nothing too special except the phone.

Velma Staplebot – fantastic beehive hair piece which will hopefully be remade with other colours (very 60s!). Better than Calamity Drone.

Hard Hat Emmet – quite plain but good hat ‘n’ hair and the tile looks interesting so looking forward to seeing this in more detail. Possibly not necessary if he will be in most of the sets.

No-Pants Guy – Like the shirt but little else (underpants should have been like the Series 2 lifeguard legs but white instead of red). A new or recoloured hair would also have made this figure more likeable.

Mrs Scratchen-Post – Too similar to Series 11 grandmother and I don’t feel the torso would really fit with regular City figures.

Wiley Fusebot – I don’t really like this – was hoping a Davy Crockett character would appear in a CMF line with the animal skin hat.

Overall, I would have preferred a normal CMF Series and really hope No. 13 will be back to normal rather than The Simpsons theme (no thanks, Lego). However, I do understand the Movie CMFs will have good marketing value to promote the film.

I'm actually really liking this line up - there's not a figure, I think, where I would be disappointed if I got them. (Granted, I only buy CMF four or five a series - I gave up trying to worry about collecting them all). Of course, if I had time to feel through the bags I'd look for Lincoln and the Staplebot first - but really any of these could fit in my collection.

I'm really digging the Badcop motorcycle helmet so I can do a THX1138 thing. But I suppose that's what the movie is in a way anyway.

I hate to be a sour puss, but

Overall, I would have preferred a normal CMF Series and really hope No. 13 will be back to normal rather than The Simpsons theme (no thanks, Lego). However, I do understand the Movie CMFs will have good marketing value to promote the film.

It's so hard to jugde if these are good choices or not without having seen the movie. Right now I only like Abe Lincoln and Western Wildstyle. :sceptic: Maybe the rest will grow on me after I've seen the movie.

These two quotes reflect how I feel. I tend to only focus on characters from a particular "sub theme" (namely Horror, Sci Fi, Mythical, Costumed and Warriors) and so far only the Mermaid and Panda Suit appeal to these tastes (the robots are a maybe). Perhaps my opinion will change after I get the two I want but for now I think I'll be skipping the rest of this line and probably 13 if it is Simpsons based.

Edited by pawcanada

Woot, Liam Neeson minifigure. This will be my first minifigure wave I'll be willing to complete. Hopefully the Spaceguy will be in the sets because I only have an old red one.

And that coffee-guy: Finally a minifig with my hairstyle :thumbup: (I do hope that there aren't to many important appearances in the movie from earlier Minifigure series because I was late to the party and I know I will likely hunt them down if they turn up to have fun cameorole in the movie. :sceptic:

When's the release on those minifigures by the way?

Edited by Cammo

January 2014 and Cammo you can get all the minifigures from previous series from The Minifigure Store shipped direct to you if you want full collection

WOW, just WOW.

Going to get:

maybe 1 female construction worker (because of the hat/hair, face and the interesting looking torso and legs)

1 Lincoln (for the torso and whatever scroll/document is in his hand)

at least 1, maybe 2 or 3 barista guys (dont like coffee myself but the torso/legs look generic enough to be usable in any number of food-service settings and the hair is awesome too and hey maybe some of my minifigs DO like coffee :)

1 Shakespeare (because of the hair, quill pen and scroll)

1 Mexican guy (because of the hat and plate)

1 of the fig with the black clipboard (the clipboard is cool and the hair is interesting and maybe the torso and legs could be useful)

at least 2 of the fig with the Hawaiian shirt (the shirt is awesome (great for civilians in my town stuff and the head is great too, always need more "I am really really happy" heads :)

1 businessman (the torso is nice, as is the new hair, the "angry/mean" face and the Octan coffee cup, only need one though as I have plenty of suits in my collection already)

at least 1, maybe 2 male construction workers, (the face is awesome, the torso is interesting and different to all the other construction workers I have, the hat/hair is nice and the printed legs are great, as is whatever the yellow thing in his hand is)

definitely at least 3 cops, (the helmet is great, can always use more sunglasses faces and the torso is nice, as is the cellphone)

1 cat lady (the hair is great, female faces with glasses are always nice and the sweater with the cat on it is really good)

Lets hope these appear in Australian retail shops as early in the year as Series 9 did :)

Best part of the lot IMO is the cops cellphone, its great to finally have a 100% non-girly cellphone print (to date all we have gotten is the very girly pink cellphone from the first wave of Friends set, the somewhat girly cellphone from the Trendsetter figure and the still girly Medium Azure cellphone from this years Friends sets)

Now I can finally give my male citizens a cellphone more fitting to them.

Oh and the Octan coffee cup would be perfect to use alongside a coffee machine in an Octan gas station (if I hadn't just done an Octan station last year I would acquire a few and do exactly that)

Edited by jonwil

Ha, ha, ha, ha! This line just gets better and better! I love this lineup! So whimsical and fun, yet still appealing. The names are the best part though. :laugh:

I got to get me a Taco Tuesday guy! Love President Business with his OCTAN cup! :grin:

I'm also digging the robot with the reused (?) Lone Ranger hair! :thumbup:

And what's THIS?! Will the beard on the robot next to President Business finally be the ONE?! It looks like it'll fit with some helmets! :thumbup:

And then there's the Where's My Pants Guy. :laugh: . Love the name! Wasn't he in LEGO Universe too?

Hmm. Worst wave so far. Oh well, I'll get one of the mermaids.

I love this wave. True, there are a couple that are a bit too similar to earlier incarnations like Grandma, Mermaid and Mexican but I suppose that's kind of a circular argument because the movie characters are based on some existing minifigs. Also true that No Pants Guy isn't taken out of context that exciting a minifig, but come on, it's a pretty funny idea, and that's the joy of the series isn't it? It's like what they've done with Octan: trouserless lego figure + using long established innocuous brand as evil mega villain = funny. You look at the range, it makes you smile: it's a fun, absurd, silly series. Even if you happen to disagree, there are some fantastic minifigs in their own right in amongst them - Abe, Shakespeare, the robots... Great work TLG.

And I thought the Elizabethan actor from series 8 looked good... and now look at that shakespeare! Want!

I do hope we get to see the classic space guy somewhere...

I was watching the new movie trailer earlier and noticed a crazy cat lady there. Hoped she would be in a set with a new cat colour and then this picture pops up :laugh:

I was also hoping for the mermaid from the first trailer, so that is good :thumbup:

Overall I do not think this is one of the best series. It has a lot of good pieces, but few complete minifigures I can use :sceptic: