Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Just an FYI, at SamsClub last night and they always have Lego sets out in their holiday stock...this year it is Friends, they had the Shopping Mall at $89.99 and then Jungle Bridge Rescue for $24.98 and the Summer Caravan at the same price. While the smaller sets are only $5 discounted, the shopping mall being $20 off isn't bad.

The Target I was at yesterday had FOUR boxes of Series 5, and the TRU I work at has had at least six boxes in the last few weeks. They aren't rare, they are just slow to come out like always.

And series 12 mini figures were listed as sold out on S@H last week, they are back. I think it has to deal more with shipping them to the country of need more than anything.

What I don't get is how series 6 is listed in the catalog but no where to be found. I was just at a LEGO Store and would have ordered a few online if given the chance. I really want that seal (which is thankfully also in the lighthouse set.).

Just an FYI, at SamsClub last night and they always have Lego sets out in their holiday stock...this year it is Friends, they had the Shopping Mall at $89.99 and then Jungle Bridge Rescue for $24.98 and the Summer Caravan at the same price. While the smaller sets are only $5 discounted, the shopping mall being $20 off isn't bad.

Neats. Ours didn't have the Shopping Mall, just the Rescue.

My 2 animal collections FINALLY got here! I assembled one collection and the other bags are in my room. The sets are so epic! I am now waiting on them to cough up wave 6 since the panda could really be useful in a moc I might be starting soon.

My 2 animal collections FINALLY got here! I assembled one collection and the other bags are in my room. The sets are so epic! I am now waiting on them to cough up wave 6 since the panda could really be useful in a moc I might be starting soon.

Cool. Any photos?

I don't pay a lot of attention to this theme, apart from helping my daughter build the occasional set, but I have to say one thing:

I'm kind of disappointed in the 2014 Advent calendar... Only 2 minidolls? The SW calendar has what? 8 minifigs? Doesn't seem fair, but my daughter hasn't complained yet...

I agree, against the SW and city ones.....the friends calendar is a bit weak with two minidolls though some animals are included......value for money might not be there.

has anyone heard of ANY series 6 sightings in the states? i want to get my hands on wave 6 b4 the boxed sets slated to replace the bags come out.

Can't lie though. I'm finding myself in a position where being a lego fan isn't even fun anymore. Here i am sitting on 45 bucks. That's enough for me to pick up a few games on ebay, do a bricklink order for stuff i need with money left over, keep an eye on lego clearance/sales, go to the flea market, get the 2 hard ware organizers that i really need(or 1 hardware and one sterelite unit), or put towards a wii u but no, i'm instead having to hold on to it since i have no clue when lego is going to bother getting out wave 6 of the friends animals to the states.

The Friends polybags are getting more and more disappointing to me. I found much better deals with sets in getting the parts that I need to build out modular concepts for our town layouts.

FWIW: My local Walmart store have had a bins of the jet ski polybag but none of the new items being released.

I don't pay a lot of attention to this theme, apart from helping my daughter build the occasional set, but I have to say one thing:

I'm kind of disappointed in the 2014 Advent calendar... Only 2 minidolls? The SW calendar has what? 8 minifigs? Doesn't seem fair, but my daughter hasn't complained yet...

Minidolls seem to be more expensive than minifigures, at least at this point. Even in comparably priced sets, you get fewer minidolls than minifigs.

Got my fingers crossed. Relative is going to TRU tomorrow and they are going to check for me. If they ask how many i want, i'm going to go with 2 complete sets if they have it. If they want to have it was an xmas gift to me, great. If not, then i have the money.

I chose to pull out a $20 for dinner from TB and a few things from WM.

The Lego store in Schaumburg, IL today was giving away 5002113-1: Beach Hammock with friends purchase. Not sure if this is an old promo, just remember seeing a pic of it somewhere.