Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Okay, I just saw Shopping Mall and Jungle Sanctuary, in local deparement stores, I only picked animal series five.

I hate to revive this thread with a double post, but guys, the new LEGO Friends Summer 2014 sets are finally out in the United States in LEGO Stores! :drool:

So, to start, here's a review of the Jungle Bridge Rescue set from me!

14642042966_66c9ae66bf.jpg

14478578437_4fba5cd0e3.jpg

14478578547_c552dd37db.jpg

14478599157_86a7734d4a.jpg

Overall, decent set here! You have two minifigures with exclusive torso prints, some great casting on pieces (i.e. 1x4 tiles/plates in light brown), and a good price- it's $30.

These new Jungle friends sets are going to be awesome with all the MOC fodder parts included in them. I cannot wait!

Oh, no..... Series 6 has a baby seal.... This will mean nothing but trouble on the politically incorrect versions of our layouts.

Hey guys :)

today I found images of the packages of series 6 animals on this website.

>>> https://exoneit.de/d...offset=0&sort=2

Sweet! Thanks for sharing! :sweet:

I also took lots of pics and reviewed the next three Jungle sets, which are now at Toys"R"Us stores in the US.

Here are pictures of the sets, since they're three sets, I spoilered the images. Lots of them in there! :blush:

Jungle Bike:

14738333805_5be4bc79db.jpg

14551699319_273c381850.jpg

14735968744_de0d54710d.jpg

14551686298_664cbfe06d.jpg

Jungle Falls:

14738039172_04ffde79ee.jpg

14738039142_e315883e6f.jpg

14551876077_340eeb5b8f.jpg

Jungle Base:

14551679208_34bdcf1c37.jpg

14735961494_99c0f7c19d.jpg

14735146721_863a64d5ce.jpg

14715316986_cee0bfd0cf.jpg

Edited by just2good

has anyone had any luck tracking down the wave 5 animals in the states? I'm starting to get pretty upset over here. It was 6 months between waves 3 and 4 and is 5 months and counting between 4 and 5. That is way too long for series that are only 3 packs big.

has anyone had any luck tracking down the wave 5 animals in the states? I'm starting to get pretty upset over here. It was 6 months between waves 3 and 4 and is 5 months and counting between 4 and 5. That is way too long for series that are only 3 packs big.

Nope, and it doesn't seem like they'll be out 'til later this month/September 1st. :sad:

I noticed they have the Jungle Accessory set back on Shop@home site, ordered one for my daughter including the new Jungle playmat

The advent calendar is out in some LEGO Stores now!

Of course, here's some photos for those who like photos over video. Spoilered to avoid advent calendar spoilers. :grin:

14837080299_ae1414ff0a_z.jpg

15000752416_9bc2541041.jpg

14837102960_dd0a6bd3f4.jpg

Looks like Friends is all over the place, continue to look for Series 5, while my daughter is excited about the jungle sets, but she is not sure on the shopping mall, anyone have this yet to give an opinion?

Thanks for the advent calendar review, just2good! :)

I agree with you about Mia's torso. Too bad she is wearing Stephanie's hand-me-down clothes from last year.

By the way, the one you think looks like a meal cover may be a Christmas pudding... Of course it can be anything you want it to be. ;)

Herky, I went to Walmart today and while I didn't see Series 5 animals per se, I saw a sign on a shelf that said "Friends wave 5". It might mean Series 5 animals are showing up pretty soon...?

The shopping mall is really fun to build, but I feel the shops upstairs are a bit too small for play. I love a lot of the things about the mall, but girls who are into fashion might find this mall a bit lacking in some ways... More clothes and hair options would have been nice. Although I'm not too keen on the big mall sign, the overall design is very nice and it was the most fun I ever had building a Friends set.

Edited by Maya

Looks like Friends is all over the place, continue to look for Series 5, while my daughter is excited about the jungle sets, but she is not sure on the shopping mall, anyone have this yet to give an opinion?

I'm still contemplating whether or not I'll get the mall- but the Jungle sets are awesome. :classic:

Thanks for the advent calendar review, just2good! :)

I agree with you about Mia's torso. Too bad she is wearing Stephanie's hand-me-down clothes from last year.

By the way, the one you think looks like a meal cover may be a Christmas pudding... Of course it can be anything you want it to be. ;)

Hm, I didn't think about that! Good thinking, Maya! :classic:

Series 5?! I picked up the series 6 panda in the UK yesterday! I haven't opened it yet but I'm pretty excited for it.

For some reason the US is way behind, we haven't seen 5 on our shelves yet...glad to hear you were able to get 6, no idea why we are so far behind, they sell pretty well here

Series 6 is already out in the uk and Scotland? THAT IS NOT FAIR!!! I live in the States and we haven't even gotten series 5 yet! I could understand ya'll getting 6 if series 5 had been out a little while in the states but it hasn't! Except for the fact that the sets have good parts, are cheap, add animals to my collection that isn't' yet another fish or dog or something like that, and look good in my display cabinet; i'd be finding another collectable to pursue instead of the animals since i'm getting fed up with constant waiting.

Series 6 is available in Ireland also. I built all three. The panda and seal are really cute.

I haven't seen animal series 6 so far. Hope that it comes soon.

Edited by Dorayaki

Series 6 is already out in the uk and Scotland? THAT IS NOT FAIR!!! I live in the States and we haven't even gotten series 5 yet! I could understand ya'll getting 6 if series 5 had been out a little while in the states but it hasn't! Except for the fact that the sets have good parts, are cheap, add animals to my collection that isn't' yet another fish or dog or something like that, and look good in my display cabinet; i'd be finding another collectable to pursue instead of the animals since i'm getting fed up with constant waiting.

It's not fair that the US get Polybags & exclusives at SDCC etc that the rest of the world don't get.