Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Aanchir, thanks for the info on this, I clearly spoke out of better knowledge! I was actually just speaking out of the bulky look of the police station and the firestation except from trying to be smart.

Was Friends on display at the NY Toy Fair? No one has posted photos, I can't find any at least.

Finally! I love Andrea's Mountain Hut! It's not winter as I predicted though.

Joe Meno from BrickJournal also took some excellent photos of the Friends lineup. Check them out here!

I love how many very adventurous play scenarios we're seeing! Nobody will be able to complain any more that the LEGO Friends characters don't get to go on real adventures. Dirt bikes, helicopters, rock slides, waterfalls, zip lines, collapsing bridges, and plenty of animals to rescue.

The shopping mall is more traditional fare for girl-oriented toys, but it's still quite nice and includes such contents as a photo booth, sports equipment shop, beauty parlor, event stage, two restaurants (or at least, a restaurant with two counters), and a few kiosks. It seems to be built to a similar modular standard to Heartlake High, Summer Riding Camp, and Olivia's House.

The odd set out, "Olivia's Ice Cream Bike", confuses me a little, just because I've never seen a stand or kiosk hitched up to a bike from the front. There's also a classy-looking fountain and picnic table and an odd, lonely mailbox. Still a nice set, just a little bit confusing with regard to its contents.

Uhmm.... I have mixed feelings about this wave. I wasn't very impressed by the mall, even though there are still some useful parts, or maybe TLC would like to make the stores more modular rather than a complete large building.

The jungle "adventures" are very decent and creative, but I hope there could a at least one set with only buildable landscape with some large animals, no bridge and no arbor.

Oh, and,

Seems like TLG finally remembered someone. :tongue:

Troy's "new" face looks familiar. Is it from Prince Eric?

Edited by Dorayaki

Looking at the mall set.....I wonder why the design team didn't just do a department store which could of have had more merchandise in while still keeping the catwalk and beauty salon....like a real life one.

Though with the juice bar, bakery, cafe and a different salon......(wait for the cat-fights between the salon owners as who's is the best :laugh: )....toss them in with the shopping mall set and you do have a true shopping mall for the girls. Though a jewellery store and a shoe store could have completed it better, the trouble is merchandise props for minifig/doll is seriously lacking in this area. :blush:

Looking at the mall set.....I wonder why the design team didn't just do a department store which could of have had more merchandise in while still keeping the catwalk and beauty salon....like a real life one.

Though with the juice bar, bakery, cafe and a different salon......(wait for the cat-fights between the salon owners as who's is the best :laugh: )....toss them in with the shopping mall set and you do have a true shopping mall for the girls. Though a jewellery store and a shoe store could have completed it better, the trouble is merchandise props for minifig/doll is seriously lacking in this area. :blush:

Maybe because they have a full sized Department store still on the shelves with GE? And a Mall would be a different more modern take on the subject?

If nobody's mentioned it yet: in the US (and maybe Canada), Target's Easter items are out. This round, my Target has out that Stephanie's mini bakery polybag, which is a great little set since it has a pretzel and a printed cookie. Price has gone up to $5.50, though.

If nobody's mentioned it yet: in the US (and maybe Canada), Target's Easter items are out. This round, my Target has out that Stephanie's mini bakery polybag, which is a great little set since it has a pretzel and a printed cookie. Price has gone up to $5.50, though.

$5.50! ouch :hmpf_bad:

Maybe because they have a full sized Department store still on the shelves with GE? And a Mall would be a different more modern take on the subject?

I hope this set can have some functions that can make it more like an enclosed interior but can also be seperate. For example, the runway can be combined with the buildings as an aisle, and adding a fabric roof between two face-to-face buildings. I think there are many ways to make it more like an open mall but not another Grand Emporium.

Friends is taking a great direction this year, to be honest. I've never really wanted to buy a set until now. Mia's Lemonade Stand fulfills my wish for an actual lemonade stand set (I know, weird wish), and I may just have to get that penguin. In the summer things are looking great, as well. That Charlotte girl who complained in that letter to LEGO a month or so ago can't argue anymore. It seems like the girls are going on some big adventures now! It's obvious that this theme won't be slowing down anytime soon.

Love the lion cub one. So much foliage pieces!

Not surprising to know there's a recolor for other cubs (for Chima, uh......), but this lion cub doesn't have an obvious recolor.

I thought a panda cub would reuse the bear one. Or it's same like the cats who have two poses.

Edited by Dorayaki

Not surprising to know there's a recolor for other cubs (for Chima, uh......), but this lion cub doesn't have an obvious recolor.

I thought a panda cub would reuse the bear one. Or it's same like the cats who have two poses.

The lion cub uses the same mold as the tiger cub from earlier this year. In fact, that element's name calls it a lion, rather than a tiger, despite the tiger being released first.

I thought the lego animals penguin, turtle, and tiger were supposed to be out today but there were none at tru or target and they still aren't on the lego site. :'(

I thought the lego animals penguin, turtle, and tiger were supposed to be out today but there were none at tru or target and they still aren't on the lego site. :'(

I'm watching for these too!

I'm watching for these too!

Unfortunately, the US retail catalog says they'll be out in May 2014 in the states. :sad:

Unfortunately, the US retail catalog says they'll be out in May 2014 in the states. :sad:

That's weird, I got them ages ago. I wonder why the delay?

Edited by Mooch

MAY????

are they trying to have the series fail? September - march(when it originally was sad to be due for release) was long enough but till may is way too long.