Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

It's nice to see that Friends would come to outlands jungle adventure , which is a very good subtheme. As I know the only summer-camp-like things in City were the trailer and campers (which Friends also had some of them).

It's not lazy, it's just how you get your money's worth out of an existing design. The boys' clothing designs aren't reused significantly more often than the girls' clothing designs, but there simply aren't enough boy characters to reuse the existing designs AND introduce a variety of new ones each and every wave. That's not true of the girl characters.

In the amount of female protagonists, yes girls should have more clothes. My question is that there is no recurring boy characters (regardless of Jacob from animation). While many other generic girls can have own new clothes designs, boys can't. If TLG think they don't need to make boy clothes, they should just leave only one or two recurring boys in Friends sets, and they only need one clothes to wear everyday.

Edited by Dorayaki

Weird - Series 4 is on the Canada S@H site, but not the US one.

Yes, and I've seen them at Toys R Us here too. I picked up the penguin and the tiger.

It's nice to see that Friends would come to outlands jungle adventure , which is a very good subtheme. As I know the only summer-camp-like things in City were the trailer and campers (which Friends also had some of them).

In the amount of female protagonists, yes girls should have more clothes. My question is that there is no recurring boy characters (regardless of Jacob from animation). While many other generic girls can have own new clothes designs, boys can't. If TLG think they don't need to make boy clothes, they should just leave only one or two recurring boys in Friends sets, and they only need one clothes to wear everyday.

So let me see if I got this straight.

1. Summer Camp based theme, girls off in the woods? check!

2. Girls need less clothes? Check!

3. Recurring male character? Check!

4. Way around the boys only having one set of clothes issue? Check!

I think we have you covered, and it's just perfect for Lego Fiends

250px-Jasonf.jpg

Aw, cmon you know you all were thinking it :grin:

I think we have you covered, and it's just perfect for Lego Fiends

Aw, cmon you know you all were thinking it :grin:

Oh, are you suggesting a new theme?

11777540306_5b954f12b8.jpg

Edited by Dorayaki

Doesn't Andrew appear in both the Dolphin Cruiser and the Heartlake News Van? He's wearing basically the same thing (save for a hat with headphones instead of his mid-length blond hair), but I think that still makes him a recurring character.

Doesn't Andrew appear in both the Dolphin Cruiser and the Heartlake News Van? He's wearing basically the same thing (save for a hat with headphones instead of his mid-length blond hair), but I think that still makes him a recurring character.

Well, I'm not saying that I root for the male characters in animation, but compared with them it's still difficult to define the characters beside the five protagonists (even for girls, comparing Kate with Lacy). After all, Friends is based on a story canon and having more than one appearance doesn't ensure their position in this theme, much like Crooler and Crug from Chima.

Edited by Dorayaki

It will be interesting to see the shopping mall set and what shops it will have in it......over 1100 pieces, wow.....hopefully a design that can be city-fied ! :wink:

Plus now the girl's are in the Jungle........hello, Katy Perry ! :laugh:

Woo-hoo, off to the jungle! I love the idea, wonder what it will look like. Let's hope for some practical new clothes for the girls.

Looking at the set list posted on the last page, the Jungle Base is strangely priced. $70 for 473 pieces? It's way out of the norm for Friends sets. I wonder if this means new large animal molds in that set, or another large molded piece - small boat hull for river travel, maybe? Very curious!

There's certainly a lot of action in those descriptions. Mia flies a helicopter? Andrea with a rescue boat? Pretty awesome stuff.

And then, of course, when they're all done rescuing animals they can go hang out in the mall and try on bridal gowns. There's something for everyone here!

One new set:

41059 Jungle Tree House

From Brickset!

-Sci

Another tree house! Wow, TLG sure knows how to repeat itself. With winners.

And you guys are right about the action, I never thought I'd be buying 'girls toys' for my daughter that advertise themselves with "Trigger the rockfall then help the Emma mini-doll rescue the trapped monkey on the LEGO® Friends First Aid Jungle Bike with walkie-talkie" "Wade in and help Olivia build a dam to stop the waterfall before pulling the tiger to safety. Then head up to the cliff" "Use the shovel to clear the fallen rocks and check the monkey with Emma’s medic bag" "climb the watchtower and use the telescope to look for animals in danger"

So much doing...

I have just read the Artic sets descriptions and look interesting. And some of the new vehicles also. And I have just bought some LEGO Movie sets and some others are in my wishlist. But the new Friends sets for summer looks so awesome.

I don't know if I will be able to afford all. TLG why? You could launch a bunch of dull city sets as usual, couldn't you?

The Shopping Center has the potential to be SO AWESOME!

I'm actually a little worried it mayn't live up to the hype I'm making in my head. The very words in the set title are dizzying. I mean, friends buildings don't have roofs right? Any the coolest and most architecturally interesting 'shopping centers' here in the real world would almost all have to be open air affairs, right?

What I picture for this set is an L shaped construction, with a shop or shops on both arms and something interesting in the middle. Maybe a small eating court? But what makes it AWESOME is that it's got a second level. This arms of the L on the second level are shorter than those on the first so there's the opportunity for some roofline embelishment. The upper level is accessed by an ESCALATOR, and if the proportions of the set are suitably sprawling then - in the remaining space in the void at the center of the L layout - there's a nice courtyard fountain.

Ideal shops - nail/hair shop, clothing store, book/coffee shop [i'm sure young girls see this as sophistocated even if they can't drink coffee yet...], a tech center.

And toncontinue capturing the entire age bracket, I think that teens need to be diversified. At least a little. We need some "baby/kid" sisters or brothers for this crew. Hopefully eventually we get a few more guys; another dad would be best. He could be their soccer coach...

I'll probably like the set no matter what. The concept is excellent. But I really HOPE it's a two level approach w/escalator - fountain - and chic choice of shops.

The mall has a bridal dress shop, a food court, a spa, a fashion catwalk, a revolving door, and a sports shop.

-Sci

I mean, friends buildings don't have roofs right?

The larger sets almost universally do, and this is likely to be a large set, but that doesn't mean the build won't be accessible or closed in. It really does seem to be a set to be excited about.

The mall has a bridal dress shop, a food court, a spa, a fashion catwalk, a revolving door, and a sports shop.

-Sci

OMG! Get the heck out! Oh gosh!

Are there enough adult women to actually get married in Heartlake? Are there any unmarried men?! Maybe it's a ball dress shop! Yay school ball!

I'll be interested to see if the mall is similar to one I tried to design on LDD at one point. My design featured essentially three 16x16 bases in a row, with two floors on each, and the center base being a "hall" or atrium with escalators to the other floor.

I'd much prefer a toy shop in the mall...

Totes magotes. I'm a tad confused with their choices, but then I guess TLC did their research. If this replaces the big flagship Summer Riding Camp, which is essentially a very girl-centred set, I'm not surprised they opted for 'girly' choices. (And a sports shop, cause balance.) All the jungle sets seem to be diversifying from super-girly themes.

What will replace 3315? Is it being discontinued? I know the Beach House is out, but I assumed from piece count and price that that is the replacement for the Vet. Also, any news on new adults?!

Totes magotes. I'm a tad confused with their choices, but then I guess TLC did their research. If this replaces the big flagship Summer Riding Camp, which is essentially a very girl-centred set, I'm not surprised they opted for 'girly' choices. (And a sports shop, cause balance.) All the jungle sets seem to be diversifying from super-girly themes.

What will replace 3315? Is it being discontinued? I know the Beach House is out, but I assumed from piece count and price that that is the replacement for the Vet. Also, any news on new adults?!

Both Olivia's House and Summer Riding Camp are in the 2014 assortment. They have not been discontinued/replaced.

If I can make the $$ work out, I'll probably buy it anyway. I want the escalator! (I thought I saw there would be one?) Food court and revolving door... Can't be that hard to change the type of store. They do it in real malls all the time!

Some really blurry pics of the summer sets are out, and the mall has a kiosk selling purses, and Emma is a DJ and is wearing the new headphones.

Jungle sets look cool, though the vehicles are a mix of white, lime, and pink...

-Sci