Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Isn't it too lazy that there are no new clothes designs for boys? The difference between Robert and Matthew from Heartlake High is merely the hairpiece. At least it shouldn't be that difficult to make Jacob from the animated series physical.

Honestly I don't quite like the previous birds that appeared in Friends set. The new parrot has a better print which I can accept.

This was posted on Brickset. Looks like a nice poly! I didn't see it on the calendar, but supposedly it's a S@H promo from December 27th-January 31st.

Thanks for pointing that out :) I checked the online Lego Store immediately afterwards and the promotion was live, so I ordered the Sunshine Ranch for my daughter.

It's also mentioned in the new catalogue which I found on the doormat a little later on.

does anyone know the details on the requirement to get the poly? I'm not seeing it on the lego site but I'm planning on doing an order next week.

It's confusing at this point. E.g. on the German S@H site, it says you'll get the polybag for Friends orders over EUR 55, but the polybag already showed up in my virtual shopping cart at EUR 41 (probably even less) of Friends products. I mean I'll take it anyway.

I placed an order too, and the free polybag showed up as soon as I put any Friends set in my bag, even the cheaper ones.

Thanks for pointing that out :) I checked the online Lego Store immediately afterwards and the promotion was live, so I ordered the Sunshine Ranch for my daughter.

I don't see any mention of it on the Canadian Lego site. Maybe it won't be up until the new sets are available on Jan 1.

Isn't it too lazy that there are no new clothes designs for boys? The difference between Robert and Matthew from Heartlake High is merely the hairpiece.

It looks like Kate in 41037 (Stephanie's Beach House) is the exact same as Kate in 41000 (Water Scooter Fun) too. At least they are the same character.

Edited by Mooch

While browsing eBay, I found this new polybag. Not bad, but not as nice as most every other Friends polybag.

Nice find! I'd imagine it will be a polybag at Target for Valentines Day.

Isn't it too lazy that there are no new clothes designs for boys? The difference between Robert and Matthew from Heartlake High is merely the hairpiece. At least it shouldn't be that difficult to make Jacob from the animated series physical.

Honestly I don't quite like the previous birds that appeared in Friends set. The new parrot has a better print which I can accept.

It's not lazy, it's just how you get your money's worth out of an existing design. The boys' clothing designs aren't reused significantly more often than the girls' clothing designs, but there simply aren't enough boy characters to reuse the existing designs AND introduce a variety of new ones each and every wave. That's not true of the girl characters.

That "Macaw" which is still a canary recolored is outrageous! The other two animals are cute. Especially the fish above the river for the bear.

41058 Heartlake shopping centre! Wow! Considering the price this will be a big set. Sounds really exciting and I hope it can be easily modded to Modular standard.

Per thebrickfan.com

Olivia Ice Cream Cycle (41030) – 98 pcs – $13

Andrea’s Mountain Hut (41031) – 119 pcs – $13

First Aid Jungle Bike (41032) – 156 pcs – $17

Jungle Waterfall Rescue (41033) – 183 pcs – $20

Summer Caravan (41034) – 297 pcs – $30

Save the Jungle Bridge (41036) – 365 pcs – $35

Rescue Base in the Jungle (41038) – 473 pcs – $70

Seal on a Rock (41047) – 37 pcs – $4

Lion in the Savannah (41048) – 43 pcs – $4

Panda in the Bamboo (41049) – 47 pcs – $4

Heartlake Shopping Center (41058) – xxx pcs – $125

I am most exited about the shopping Center and about the seal, lion and panda. Maybe time to start building that zoo?

I am wondering if the mentioned cycles will be a new mould... Perhaps a transporter type of bike?

Edited by Hobbythom

From looking around the web, the current list for 2014 sets I have is:

41026 Sunshine Harvest (available now)

41027 Mia’s Lemonade Stand (available now)

41028 Emma’s Lifeguard Post (available now)

41029 Stephanie’s Newborn Lamb (available now)

41030 Olivia’s Ice Cream Cycle

41031 Andrea’s Mountain Hut

41032 First Aid jungle Bike

41033 Jungle Waterfall Rescue

41034 Summer Caravan

41035 Heartlake Juice Bar (available now)

41036 Save The Jungle Bridge

41037 Stephanie’s Beach House (available now)

41038 Rescue Base in the Jungle

41039 Sunshine Ranch (available now)

41040 LEGO Friends Advent Calendar 2014

41041 Turtle’s Little Paradise (available now)

41042 Tiger’s Beautiful Temple (available now)

41043 Penguin's Playground (available now)

41044 Parrot's Fountain

41045 Orangutan's Banana Tree

41046 Brown Bear's River

41047 Seal on a Rock

41048 Lion in the Savannah

41049 Panda in the Bamboo

41056 Heartlake News Van (available now)

41057 Heartlake Horse Show (available now)

41058 Heartlake Shopping Centre

There's a lot of interesting sounding sets there, in addition to the ones we've already seen so far. I must confess to be rather excited by the idea of a LEGO Friends Panda. :grin:

Thank you very much for all the information! :classic:

I'm not interested in the jungle sets since I dislike the Friends animals because of their unrealistic propostions and too big eyes.

Maybe I'll be interested on the ice-cream cycle - that will depend on how it looks like.

Which set I'm really about is the shopping center! :wub_drool: Although I would have prefered it to be released in the City theme, I'm very surprised how it will look like and which shops and other interior it'll include. Judging by its price, I hope that it will be two floors big, include minimum three shops and a huge glas facade would be really cool.

I could well imagine the shopping center including a jewelry, a flower shop and a food stand. What do you think?

Klaus-Dieter

Does anyone know what the release date for the series 4 animals is? I thought it was supposed to be the same time as the spring stuff but I'm not seeing it in stores and it's not even on the lego shop site yet. I did see them on the wikia as being released and even followed the lego shop link but

it's showing the price as $3.99(not the 4.99 retail it's been) and no add to cart or add to wishlist button.

Does anyone know what the release date for the series 4 animals is? I thought it was supposed to be the same time as the spring stuff but I'm not seeing it in stores and it's not even on the lego shop site yet. I did see them on the wikia as being released and even followed the lego shop link but

it's showing the price as $3.99(not the 4.99 retail it's been) and no add to cart or add to wishlist button.

If you're talking about the United States release, I'm pretty sure it will be in "March" along with a lot of the other themes (like Juniors, Star Wars, and the rest of the DC stuff).

That makes no sense at all why lego's doing that!!! It'd be a full half year between series 3 and 4. I don't understand how lego is able to release 16 figures every 3 -4 months or so for the CMF line but they are now being stubborn on releasing series 4 animals made up of 3 polybags that have people getting excited about the thoughts of "someone should make a zoo!". and then there's series 5 images and then what appears to be a wave 6 of animals showing up on the summer line.

i got series 1, 2, and 3 PLUS the spares of 3 and the spare 2 i needed and now i'm ready for 4! I've got the hobby money for the them, i'm ready!!!

i am just REALLY hoping that something is going to change since that would be putting 3 waves super close together. At $45 for 3 waves, that's not too bad but the thing is that i want extras from each wave. Series 4 i'm planning on getting an extra tiger set or 2. Series 5 i'm most likely going to get a spare bear cub set. And with Series 6(the seal, lion, panda sets), all the sets sound like they might get my attention in the spares catagory of 1, maybe even 2 extra sets each.

And the problem is that on top of that, we have plans of taking a mini vaction in roughly the next 4 months or so and i want to hit the lego store for a PAB cup or 2, check the BAM bin for hidden treasures, look for exclusive polys, and check sales since my "local" lego store is about 5-6 hours drive away so i'll have to either take extra money to buy the animals at the lego store or track them down at target b4 vacation time.

Edited by SweetiePie88