Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Has anyone noticed a design problem with the lemonade stand.....the juice press handle is up so high only Woody from Toy Story could reach it ? :tongue:

I guess Mia's supposed to stand on that stool... :laugh:

Found prelims. Ok, let's see...

-Farm is white and a lot of purple. There's no roof... Some horses and a foal, Mia, couple of fences and a small tree.

-News van is cool, white pink and some blue. What appears to be Emma and some guy with the new cap/headphones from this year's City Cargo line. Either a big cake or a fountain, though there's no water.

-Sunshine Harvest is Olivia with a pink and azure tractor, a big tree and some stands (one's long)

-Beach House looks so cool! It's tan with a lavender roof with brown stairs on the side, I believe someone's surfing on the side, but another box is covering it up. A dock in the front and Andrea's laying in a beach chair

-Juice Bar looks cool. Some of those round dome-ish pieces in lime with lots of white, orange and Flame Orange which looks really nice

These sets look great. The animal ones are covered by huge text but I think I saw a slide in the penguin one.

:grin:

-Sci

I'll assume that these prelims aren't online for everyone to see? :P

The handle doesnt look too high. Maybe its the angle the photo was taken that makes it look like that.

A PINK AND AZURE tractor?!? Way to completely kill the interest from the one adult male who was looking forward to this set, TLG. I think you found the solitary possible way you could have completely messed up this expansion of the Friends theme - Barbiefying the tractor. I could have rolled with just about any other Friends-approved color, but not pink.

Well, at least they have those great $10 sets, and maybe the News Van. Any Friends set that has a male minidoll has an automatic leg up. The beach house sounds good, but is probably out of price range for me. Then again, I could be convinced otherwise if the house lives up to Olivia's House' legacy.

I don't see how turning a tractor pink isn't a great move. I male and am still into it. And it's only "barbified" if it doesn't perform as a tractor. Otherwise it's still a tractor, just pink. Or Azure with pink highlights - I'm yet to see it. Either way- I think it's a good move. Too many blue and red tractors in the world already. Wha? Wait a second...I see what they did there...

Anyway - there goes thirty bucks as I buy three lemonade stands, just for the cookies. The helmets and scooters are a fine bonus, but who am I kidding. I love the 1x1 round tile in all its printed variations.

Has anyone noticed a design problem with the lemonade stand.....the juice press handle is up so high only Woody from Toy Story could reach it ? :tongue:

... and the fact that customers have to spend multiples of €100 on lemonade and cookies because Mia doesn't have any change, hold cups the size of their own heads, eat cookies that are as thick as their legs, etc.? :tongue:

EDITED POST: because now I've seen the prelims, and there isn't anything pink in the tractor set, so none of what I said in this post matters. As you were!

Edited by Gryphon Ink

My mistake, it's lavender and azure. :laugh:

Though I guess it doesn't make much of a difference.

-Sci

... and the fact that customers have to spend multiples of €100 on lemonade and cookies because Mia doesn't have any change, hold cups the size of their own heads, eat cookies that are as thick as their legs, etc.? :tongue:

Ah, now that's where Lego is being clever, take a trans clear head and a trans clear cup......put them together.....bingo, a jug.

Now, maybe Lego should have added an ATM as well eh ? :laugh:

Thick cookies eh, must be some of my own baking there ? :laugh:

I've put the High Res pictures of those three sets in the first post, and these include the box pictures and a few details pictures. I'll add more pictures as and when I find them, but the aim is to have them all in one easy-to-find place. :sweet:

I'm intrigued by the boogie board piece in the lifeguard set-it looks like the same mould as the lifeboat on the upcoming Maersk ship, but I don't think I have seen it in any set currently released...is it a completely new piece?

I'm intrigued by the boogie board piece in the lifeguard set-it looks like the same mould as the lifeboat on the upcoming Maersk ship, but I don't think I have seen it in any set currently released...is it a completely new piece?

It first appeared as an accessory for the lifeguard in series 3 of the CMF series 2 of the CMF.

Edited by Rick
Link fixed

BOOM! Buying that set for the new scooter in Aqua. Loving the new scooter mould.

Lego really need to release a city farm with some more animals. Some sheep, more of those cool hens & goats, cows etc... These fluffy-puffy Friends animals are just... awful. Look at that stoned lamb! What the heck is THAT all about? The series 16 CMF seagull was a step in the right direction. More birds like that would be cool. Pigeons & crows etc. Maybe some ducks and geese.

Love that new scooter. Definitely getting Mia. :classic:

Friends animals are not awful. They are girly cute and target a different type of play. Not the kind you raise on the farm and end up on the dinner table.

I might get the smoothie bar for the Cookies and cups. Also the Lemonade sign could be useful in other places

A PINK AND AZURE tractor?!? Way to completely kill the interest from the one adult male who was looking forward to this set, TLG. I think you found the solitary possible way you could have completely messed up this expansion of the Friends theme - Barbiefying the tractor. I could have rolled with just about any other Friends-approved color, but not pink.

Well, at least they have those great $10 sets, and maybe the News Van. Any Friends set that has a male minidoll has an automatic leg up. The beach house sounds good, but is probably out of price range for me. Then again, I could be convinced otherwise if the house lives up to Olivia's House' legacy.

I agree. The camper set was so ugly in pink and lime green. I thought LEGO finally made some progress in having the "girly" sets at least look decent. I'll wait and see before making final judgement.

Cookies and a new pitcher is amazing.

Edited by Bricknblue

I'll buy the lemonade stand for the scooter. Anyone noticed how the scooter can be easily adapted from the Friends minidolls to the regular minifigs? :classic:

CM4S, your link to prelims is pretty discrete (and hard to notice). :blush: I like that more of the new yellow will be included in a set, although it seems it's more panels than bricks. :angry: On the other hand, the barn looks interesting in design, and I know at least 1 person, craving for more purple bricks to make a building (not me :grin: ). I'm definitely looking forward to some of the sets.

Also, no one's really talking about the prelims, I linked them...

I'll buy the lemonade stand for the scooter. Anyone noticed how the scooter can be easily adapted from the Friends minidolls to the regular minifigs? :classic:

I think a lot of AFOL's will buyt that lemonade stall for that ;)

The colors in those prelims look terribly distorted on account of their being renders rather than photos. I can't tell what purple color that barn is exactly... I'm guessing Bright Reddish Violet (Magenta), which should look quite nice. Even the Bright Purple (Dark Pink) barn interior in the Newborn Foal set doesn't look bad, and really evokes a barn with the white accents, so Magenta should be even better.

The Beach House looks like it'll be quite nice, as does the Juice Bar. I'm having a hard time getting a read on the News Van, but good to have another male character. The tractor looks decent, but not all that unique or impressive in its design. I can't tell what the structures in the background of that set are.

Also, no one's really talking about the prelims, I linked them...

Any particular reason why you put the link in such a hard-to-spot place? :wacko:

Posting links to prelims isn't against the rules, so your link is fine, but if you're ever unsure I'd rather you contacted me to ask rather than just posted them anyway.

Only 1,200 of these displays ever made! Truly one of my favorite collectible items :wub:

Hello dieheartlegored, welcome to Eurobricks. You've posted a picture of a set from 2012, and this is the 2014 discussion topic. It's no big deal, but it might be worth double-checking the topic you're posting in when you do so, thanks. :sweet: