Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

One of the better friends animals, but still to cute to use in the city setting :sceptic:

I see from the set list that it will be at least a lamb and tiger as well, which is rather frustrating. It is one thing that the duplo series has the whole Noah's Ark, but the friends series are popping out new animal moulds at a fast rate as well. Animals we need in city, castle and pirates, but are way too cute to use in more “realistic” settings.

“Close, but no cigar” :wacko:

In some cases, I personally feel like all the animals need is a different face print to be right at home with traditional LEGO minifigures. The horse, foal, and fawn would never fit too well in LEGO City, because they are just too smooth and streamlined compared to LEGO animals of similar size. But the bunny, poodle, squirrel, penguin, and hedgehog could fit in LEGO City if their wide-eyed expressions were swapped out for more traditional black bead eyes. I'd almost go so far as to say that the LEGO Friends kitten is a better fit for LEGO City than its current counterpart, the Belville kitten... after all, the LEGO Friends kitten has a lot in common with a minifigure in that its face isn't meticulously sculpted.

Even the LEGO Friends dolphins are hardly any less suited to classic LEGO than the dolphin which preceded them, since those earlier dolphins were also heavily streamlined. It's just the eye printing that would need to change.

Kmart has pictures for three sets (click the link to be taken to Kmart's respective product pages, and more images):

LEGO Friends Mia's Lemonade Stand

http://www.kmart.com...=3&blockType=G3

10205027264_70ee85cf70_b.jpg

LEGO Friends Stephanie's New Born Lamb

http://www.kmart.com...=1&blockType=G1

10205026884_ab7a6330da_b.jpg

LEGO Friends Emma's Lifeguard Post

http://www.kmart.com...=2&blockType=G2

10205130705_04284e147b_b.jpg

Edited by phanstasm

Whoa, cool find! I like the lifeguard one.

-Sci

Yeah, the Lifegaurd set looks great with the Dolphin, umbrella, and the overall design. But, that Lemonade Stand... not only do we get that moped and a Friends helmet, but those printed 1x1 round tiles... :wub:

That Lamb set is the weakest of the three. I do like the inclusion of the spray bottle piece, though.

Thanks for the pictures. The Lemonade stand is my favourite because of the light aqua vespa :wub: , pink helmet (if I'm not mistaken, it's a new colour for this type of helmet), white dish and cookies. All in all, it has nice parts included.

Also, the dolphin is the highlight of Emma's lifeguard post, although it seems the bricks in the set are not so interesting.

The Lemonade is definitely the pick of the sets for new parts! Cookies and another scooter!

While all three sets are cute, I don't see much that's new in the other two sets, apart from the adorable lamb and the half barrel in med lavendar.

And Friends nails the $10 slot again. Those are some great sets. Stephanie's Lamb not as strong as the other two, but that lambkin is adorable and Steph has a nice new blouse. I may have to buy multiples of these for me and the daughters.

Now where is my tractor?

28328-7956552-shopw-2e4eab.jpg

This is some weird art, but I'm glad to see the girls getting a little actiony, and really hope we'll see actual minidolls with those clothes. Andrea's top is especially great.

And Friends nails the $10 slot again.

I agree, why cant other themes have sets like this, for this price

Mia's Lemonade Stand is beautiful! I'd never have expected it to be so large, but I'm not disappointed at all. Printed cookies, a Bright Purple (Dark Pink) helmet, a beautiful sign, a tray of printed cookies, a juicer, a clever pitcher, bunches of lemons... it's a great set in general.

Stephanie's Newborn Lamb is also way better than I'd have anticipated. Even if it's just a single wall, it gives the impression of a wonderfully cozy little barn. The little bed of straw, washbasin, and stool are great features. The lamb itself is adorable, if a bit too cutesy and detailed to work really well outside of LEGO Friends.

The Lifeguard Stand is also elaborate, and I almost feel like a simple lifeguard chair might have been better. But it has a dolphin, and more importantly a pair of gold binoculars! I hope those appear in some sets in greater quantities — they'll be fantastic for steampunk builders!

The mini-dolls in all three sets are fantastic. I sort of feel like Stephanie ought to have some more substantial shoes in a barn, but her blouse is a nice addition to the Friends wardrobe. Emma gets a little red lifeguard whistle printed on her torso, and Mia gets a cute sand green top.

Can't wait to see what the other sets have to offer!

It's really exciting to see these sets, and I agree that so far the Lemonade Stand is the most interesting of the three, but there are still some very interesting parts in all three. I really like the medium lavender cupboard piece in Stephanie's Newborn Lamb, and of course the dolphin in Emma's Lifeguard set. The light aqua moped looks fantastic, though, and I love the use of the trans clear head with a trans clear cup together to make a jug.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these for real, but for now I'll index in a few high-res pictures of each set into the first post and into the index in the Hub. Additionally I saw the new 2013 Friends Advent Calendar in the LEGO store yesterday (I really should have bought it) and I've found some pictures for that too, so I'll add those in as well.

Well well well...

Been looking at the prelims recently, and the sets are half and half for me. Really, I love the Beach House set- it looks like a cuter and more City-looking version of the 2012 Creator one with different colors. I still like the look of the Creator version more, but this one is (hopefully) much cheaper. eXtremely excited (sorry my phone is whacking out) to get the smallest sets, and the Animal Packs look cute, too. I'm a bit underwhelmed by the News Van set, as it looks a lot like the 2012 Camper set, but it looks like there's a male minidoll in it. To be honest, those farm sets look a lot like the Horse Friends sets from 2012- meh.

So, yeah, I forgot to post about the Juice Bar set. Essentially, it's another one of the $30ish buildings- and it is very basic (most likely because I saw prelims) and isn't even on a beach! :sceptic:

Edited by just2good

Found prelims. Ok, let's see...

-Farm is white and a lot of purple. There's no roof... Some horses and a foal, Mia, couple of fences and a small tree.

-News van is cool, white pink and some blue. What appears to be Emma and some guy with the new cap/headphones from this year's City Cargo line. Either a big cake or a fountain, though there's no water.

-Sunshine Harvest is Olivia with a lavender and azure tractor, a big tree and some stands (one's long)

-Beach House looks so cool! It's tan with a lavender roof with brown stairs on the side, I believe someone's surfing on the side, but another box is covering it up. A dock in the front and Andrea's laying in a beach chair

-Juice Bar looks cool. Some of those round dome-ish pieces in lime with lots of white, orange and Flame Orange which looks really nice

These sets look great. The animal ones are covered by huge text but I think I saw a slide in the penguin one.

:grin:

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

For now, I've added High Res pictures of the Advent Calendar to the first post of this thread, as I've already seen it in the shops.

This is the 2014 thead. :tongue:

-Sci

Thanks for that, but people seem to have abandoned the 2013 thread in favour of this. :tongue:

That lamb is super cool I need to get a couple of those for my farm. I like the chocolate chip cookies as well. I was hoping to see the tiger set though.

Has anyone noticed a design problem with the lemonade stand.....the juice press handle is up so high only Woody from Toy Story could reach it ? :tongue: