Pandora

2014 Friends Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Sorry that it's been a couple of days since my last post. Here's what to expect from Friends in the next wave:

Animals:

41041 Turtle's Little Paradise

41042 Tiger's Beautiful Temple

41043 Penguin's Playground

Sets:

41026 Sunshine Harvest

41027 Mia's Lemonade Stand

41028 Emma's Lifeguard Post

40129 Stephanie's Newborn Lamb

40135 Heartlake Juice Bar

40137 Stephanie's Beach House

40139 Sunshine Ranch

40156 Heartlake News Van

40157 Heartlake Horse Show

Sorry that it's been a couple of days since my last post. Here's what to expect from Friends in the next wave:

A news van and penguins? YES PLEASE. :drool:

Penguins and tigers and lambs, oh my! I know where my money is going in 2014. If by some chance I don't want these, my girls definitely will.

Curious about "Sunshine Ranch". The word "ranch" as opposed to "farm" implies to me that this won't be what I was imagining. Instead of a nice tractor, apple trees and plots of vegetables, we'll probably have more of those horse-things for the girls to ride, and probably a calf or two. Well, it could still be nice. I guess I need to start MOCing my own Friends farm.

Almost all of those set names sound promising. Friends really has some of the best sets out there. My daughter will probably go crazy over these. I'll wait to see if I want to pick up any extras for myself. I hope the Lemonade stand has some new pieces. I'd love to see a clear cup colored in (like the beakers) to make it look like there is lemonade in there.

I'd love to see a clear cup colored in (like the beakers) to make it look like there is lemonade in there.

The empty clear cups will hold a tran 1x1 round, which make an effective looking drink. Trans yellow with a white 1x1 round tile looks very much like a beer. No so good for Friends though :-) Although keg party cruise ship has a ring to it.

News van eh ? :grin:

That sounds easily enough to convert over to a City layout.......ah, a modern version of that old late 80's blue TV news van ! :wink:

Now drink stand and juice bar I wonder if we'll get actual jugs ? :wink:

Apparently the penguin was leaked onto LDD today.

I'll try to get a pic. It's not updating for me.

-Sci

News van eh ? :grin:

That sounds easily enough to convert over to a City layout.......ah, a modern version of that old late 80's blue TV news van ! :wink:

Now drink stand and juice bar I wonder if we'll get actual jugs ? :wink:

40156 Heartlake News Van

Channel 6 live :laugh:

szw.png

I'd like to see that tiger, and the ranch.

Maybe I'll set thr tiger loose on the ranch. :devil:

I just know I'll be forced to buy those animals and probably the beach house.

What does Olivia at home with their parents already know, but what parents do at work? :laugh: :laugh:

mission at the beach: cleaning the beach

sQf.png

Edited by Amte

I hope ''mission at the beach'' set includes a couple of beached whales, that would be so Awesome to get Lego whales.

I don't even collect Friends, but a News Van sounds good.

I remember seeing prototype penguins in the Arctic pics in the old club magazine, so it's good to finally see them in one form or another.

We are huge fans of Mr. Popper's Penguins, a seriously FUNNY film! So penguins are right up there for us! And who can forget March of the Penguins, another huge favorite in this house especially during heat waves.

And a news van and a cleanup mission at the beach sound wonderful...with the stuff flowing out of Japan at what may become a furious rate, could they throw in some Geiger counters, anti-radioactive protection suits, water filtration plants and air purification gear as well? A survivalist pantry and underground hurricane/bomb shelter could also provide wonderful training for the young. Heartlake City will need an evacuation route with appropriately colored buses and escape vehicles. This could be a whole new Friends "Save the Earth" theme!

Living just ten miles from an aging nuclear power plant that frequently experiences "emergencies," our entire family would love some sets to play with that help us deal with our fear of nuclear clouds floating over us. Can't get much more real life than this!

....(they) could they throw in some Geiger counters, anti-radioactive protection suits, water filtration plants and air purification gear as well? A survivalist pantry and underground hurricane/bomb shelter could also provide wonderful training for the young. Heartlake City will need an evacuation route with appropriately colored buses and escape vehicles.

Sounds like a fantastic set idea..... but maybe a name change from Heartlake City to Raccoon City would be an improvement.

Sounds like a fantastic set idea..... but maybe a name change from Heartlake City to Raccoon City would be an improvement.

Did someone mention raccoons? :excited:

What does Olivia at home with their parents already know, but what parents do at work? :laugh: :laugh:

mission at the beach: cleaning the beach

sQf.png

Amte, I just bought this garbage truck yesterday with the same idea in mind...Friendifying it! What a nice MOC!

Thanks for showing how it can be done because we women deserve our own pretty garbage trucks, too!

I assume this is LDD, and not done with real parts. What is the purple color called and do you know if any of these parts exist and where? Thanks!

Guys,

Are you implying that our Friends will all look like raccoons after the BIg Spill?

Hahaha! Women spend billions of dollars/moola every year to NOT look like raccoons, so somehow I don't think that that set will be a big hit with females! (Don't get me wrong, hubby is the one who exterminates the oversupply of raccoons that contemplate living in our garbage cans. Personally I think that the buggers are cute unless they happen to be drooling and/or are in packs chasing my car into the garage at night.)

Edited by Legogal

The list of sets have been posted on All About Bricks. It's the same list as Tater's, but they also put up the Animal Pack Series 5 stuff.

41044 Macaw’s Fountain

41045 Orangutan’s Banana Tree

41046 Brown Bear’s River

These sound like some of the best. Bears? Orangutan? Macaw? A river? Yes please. :drool:

Edited by just2good

Other animals:

41044 Macaw’s Fountain

41045 Orangutan’s Banana Tree

41046 Brown Bear’s River

I want pictures.

I know I will be disapointed when picking up the catalogue in January if I look at pictures now but I want to have a sneak preview.

Which reminds me I haven't opened the series two animal packs yet... I have a reason to go get the series three too...

Oh well!

I want pictures.

I know I will be disapointed when picking up the catalogue in January if I look at pictures now but I want to have a sneak preview.

Which reminds me I haven't opened the series two animal packs yet... I have a reason to go get the series three too...

Oh well!

I really want photos of overall what's coming up next year so I can start deciding what I really want and what I can pass on.

I took a quick glimpse at the retailers catalogue (which I won't be seeing again for at least one month); I totally missed the news van (ehm... twice? I fear it wasn't there, and that means some kind of exclusive), but I'm happpy about most of the sets. The Juice bar looks very bright (yellow, orange, lime), the beach house is yellow too. At first glimpse, I mistook the bear for a cat; the orangutan looks like the monkey from CMs, but a lighter shade of brown.

I saw the farm, but wasn't interested in it, so I don't remember what it looked like; the Penguin looks... like a Penguin, the macaw seemed to have no printed details (but these are preliminary pics)

Most important: one set (the lemonade stand, if I remember correctly) comes with something like this:

vespaU_origini_zoom.jpg

Most important: one set (the lemonade stand, if I remember correctly) comes with something like this:

:excited:

They must have been inspired by Brickforge's scooters.

scooter_mediumblue_front.jpg