Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The trailer is brick built, there is no big mould, it uses lego ladders http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=86&itemID=830 mounted horizontal for the car decks. The parts to raise and lower are technic axles with this part on the end http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=3&itemID=522 of the axles. The ramps on the back of the car transporter and trailer are two of this part: http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=9&itemID=398

So it's a basic car carrier, but does it have the upper deck on either truck or trailer ?

yes, upper deck on the transporter and trailer.

Lego city designers could not be running out of great vehicle design ideas that the will rehash a 5 year old set eh ? :wink:

Does it come with a push bike like the 2009 set did ?

City buses should be part of the theme , including a double deck bus ! Love Lego buses

That sounds like a wish than a rumour eh ? :wink:

Watching my nephew endlessly playing with just two lego cars I can see why the line up looks as it is. It's a shame for the AFOLS but they have the Modular series as a town theme I guess.

could this be the 2014 logging truck (on the banner all the way to the right) in the 2012 toy fair.

http://www.parrygame...legoCity2_M.jpg

mmmmm interesting pic ! .... Also , there's not to many info about this set which is weird . hopefully , it is red and has a long trailer and not just a small set , or hopefully its a double trailer kind of truck . I guess will wait and see !

could this be the 2014 logging truck (on the banner all the way to the right) in the 2012 toy fair.

That one was an orange / grey utility truck, there is a better picture 'somewhere' on this forum. Don't know where :) My guess is that was an alternative version of the 'great vehicles' 6-wheel orange / grey dump truck. It's a truck for street maintenance rather than logging. :)

Really Lego, another Thieves Hideout type of set ? We already have gotten two similar two that over the last two years. :sceptic:

A red airport fire truck? That's rather lame. I was oping for yellow again.

Well not much yellow , yellow Green lime like the real ones in north and South America !

Well not much yellow , yellow Green lime like the real ones in north and South America !

In Europe (or parts of Europe) they are red. :wink:

A red airport fire truck? That's rather lame. I was oping for yellow again.

Now once you have the instructions.....you could order the parts in the colour you chose say from Bricklink and build it the colour you want. :wink:

Are both of the cars with the car transporter convertibles?

From memory they were both hard tops. The clearance on the top deck of the car transporter is about 6 bricks high

From memory they were both hard tops. The clearance on the top deck of the car transporter is about 6 bricks high

Let's hope the designer has kept the car carrier all in correct proportion in respect to height vs. width of the truck.

60041 Crook Pursuit

60042 High Speed Police Chase

60043 Prisoner Transport

60044 Mobile Police Unit

60045 Police Patrol

60046 Helicopter Surveillance

60047 Police Station

yay more police

-Sci

Think its time Lego had a competition to design a city vehicle. just like the technic 41999 challenge. even give a few rules or options i.e.: earthworks and transport, passenger, water, etc etc and have a piece limit. - Just an idea.

60041 Crook Pursuit

60042 High Speed Police Chase

60043 Prisoner Transport

60044 Mobile Police Unit

60045 Police Patrol

60046 Helicopter Surveillance

60047 Police Station

yay more police

-Sci

Great......our Lego cities are becoming police states......we are now getting rehashes every three, two and one years now. :hmpf_bad:

At least I can plan my giant heliport now ! :laugh:

I missed out on the last police truck and a new cop shop.....that will go in my special Lego city layout (which reminds me next month to do some more work on :blush: ).

Fingers crossed for a better second half.....for a better variety that is.... :wink:

Well, I guess the LCPD ( Lego City Police Department) ;), really do not want those Robbers to hit people with their plastic Crowbars, which is why they have like a Million Police Officers, Stations and Vehicles. :P

Well, I guess the LCPD ( Lego City Police Department) ;), really do not want those Robbers to hit people with their plastic Crowbars, which is why they have like a Million Police Officers, Stations and Vehicles. :P

You know I consider it unfair that the robbers have a crowbar which can be weapon and the cops only have handcuffs, walkie talkies and flashlights......oh, the elite police units have helmets but how about a taser weapon or something like that.....even a pepper spray....just something to even things up. It will still prove to kids that guns don't always have to be used to solve problems.