Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Do we have any indication yet what stores the Icebreaker and Arctic Plane will be exclusive to?

Do we have any indication yet what stores the Icebreaker and Arctic Plane will be exclusive to?

Not yet. I'm just sad we're probably not going to get a Toys"R"Us exclusive this year unrelated to current City subthemes, like last year's Town Square, or 2012's Garage, or 2011's Cargo Train or 2010's Public Transport...

Not yet. I'm just sad we're probably not going to get a Toys"R"Us exclusive this year unrelated to current City subthemes, like last year's Town Square, or 2012's Garage, or 2011's Cargo Train or 2010's Public Transport...

I cannot verify since its new and just showed up around here, but the local Lego store said that the new blue engine cargo train will only be sold at Toys R Us (and Lego.com and Lego Stores). They also seemed to think the new White passenger train and train station would also be Toys R Us exclusives.

I cannot verify since its new and just showed up around here, but the local Lego store said that the new blue engine cargo train will only be sold at Toys R Us (and Lego.com and Lego Stores). They also seemed to think the new White passenger train and train station would also be Toys R Us exclusives.

That seems the most likely. They haven't show up on any sites yet, and City Trains sets are always TRU exclusives. It's just that the 2010 Trains were also exclusives and we got two more promotional sets that summer for TRU- the TRU Truck and the Public Transport set. And, we still had the two other exclusives that we'd expect for Walmart and Target- the Helicopter and Limo, and Family Home respectively.

I got all of the arctic sets now and put them on display so i thought i'd provide a picture of them all together. They actually take up quite a lot of space:

18538576cx.jpg

Edited by metalandi

Thank you all very much for the pics, the links and the information! :classic:

Having taken a closer look at all the ice sets, I decided to finally not buy any of these sets. The reason is not only that I only have very few space left (so this has to be kept for only nearly 100% perfect sets), but even because the interior of the vehicles and buildings is really lame (too few and too small and nearly no chairs). That's really a shame because the exterior of the buildings looks great and very realistic. :cry_sad:

Klaus-Dieter

I bought 60033 last week. Put it together and within a few hours took it apart again. I bought it mainly for its parts and they found good use in some vehicles I was working on anyway.

lol, the lengths Lego will go to to ensure it's difficult for collectors of an entire sub-theme to call their collection complete :classic:

Found a new Lego Arctic theme blister pack yesterday at my local Lego Store. I picked a couple up and it's a neat little set. I am currently working on getting it added to BrickLink and this afternoon had it added to BrickSet. I was wondering if anyone else out there has found this set or not.

post-126008-0-82764200-1405563447_thumb.jpg

I did a quick review of it on YouTube, channel name is childishrevolt88. The set number is 850932 and the item number is 6077712.

Please let me know of anyone else has come across this set.

Thanks!

Looks like a great set, but it's $14.99, which is not good.

I agree that $14.99 isn't great. I am thinking about trying to some how copy the print to make a few more in different colors for a camping and outdoors store MOC I am starting to work on.

Hmm...

850967_alt1.jpg

:laugh:

I never did see that one as my store sold out fast, but thanks for the picture! And thanks for the comments from both of you!

Thanks for the review - I was wondering if the popsicle was the usual Trans-Light Yellow, or if they had surprised us with a Yellow one for a change...Ah, well, a few more popsicles in the old colors can't hurt, seeing as it's not the most common of parts - although it is a pity that they haven't done a Red one in a very long while...

The tent isn't bad at all, but it's a pity it's orange...The $14.99 could be worse, I suppose, but I would rather have a stock of the Friends one, with the camo and all. I wonder if it'll ever get offered online...

Hopefully the Arctic tent set comes out in the UK. Pity it didn't have a sled with 4 huskies but then it would bump the price up even more! But could forsake the fish and ice lolly.

Edited by scottwb2010

I like that Arctic blister pack... at $14.99 it's pricey for two minifigs and probably could have used a couple of sled dogs but it's still by far the cheapest way to get the female arctic figure.

Pricey? Rediculously overpriced! Over here those sets (when available) cost € 14,99. Thats as much as set 60033, which has way more parts and comes in a proper box. Apart from the tent there are no special or exclusive parts in this set, so I have absolutely no idea why it should cost that much.

Pricey? Rediculously overpriced! Over here those sets (when available) cost € 14,99. Thats as much as set 60033, which has way more parts and comes in a proper box. Apart from the tent there are no special or exclusive parts in this set, so I have absolutely no idea why it should cost that much.

It would be the tent material with both carded sets.......funny if they are battle packs ? :laugh:

On the US S@H, the Arctic Icebreaker is $130. :wacko:

Edited by just2good

I still haven't seen any of the arctic sets in stores (have Walmart, Target, and Kmart locally). Seems like it is taking forever for the summer sets to hit stores.

Good damn gravy! $130 for the icebreaker set? I figured $90-100 tops. I'm assuming that boat hull piece is jacking the price up on the set.