Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

To me, the plane looks structurally more sound than the Helicrane. I'm curious to see how the interior fares. I also wonder what the piece count is for both in relation to their price points. Thanks for the pics!

Saw these in my nearest lego store yesterday and the box art made them so tempting, but have to wait till June as dreaded road tax due this month! Got the 60033 Article Ice Crawler to start my Article theme though.

The price of the 60064 Article Supply Plane is £49.99 in the UK

Ugh- that means it's probably $60 here- and I need that to complete my arctic collection! And it's really nice, too. If it wasn't that nice, I may have said forget it.

To me, the plane looks structurally more sound than the Helicrane.

I think the helicrane is pretty much spot on in comparison to the real thing:

772px-Sikorsky_Skycrane_civil_c.jpg

Thanks for the point of reference. You're right -- it does match up nicely for an authentic design.

Hi.

According to earlier posts it seems 60062-1: Arctic Ice Breaker has been released in some locations. If someone reading this has the set in hand, I'd much appreciate seeing any picture you may have.

Cheers

Well, it's the typical 6 stud wide fuselage, which accommodates a 4 stud wide cargo load. I wonder how well it'll accommodate one of the little snowmobiles. One of my peeves concerning the cargo planes/helicopters is that the designers often build in a wall that only allows part of the interior space to be utilized. I really dislike it on the big planes, but it's still annoying on these smaller aircraft as well. If it isn't necessary for structure, I tend to leave them out.

My local TRU had the Base Camp, the Arctic Outpost, and IIRC, the Ice Crawler sets. I nearly bought the Base Camp, but I put it back and bought the Hurricane Heist and the Infearno Interception. Love em both. Eventually, the Arctic Base Camp, and possibly the Icebreaker, will come home with me. I went I search of Benny's Spaceship, but that was the only new set they didn't have. :(

I just built the Helicrane. It's actually one of the most stable and solid Lego Helicopters I have ever seen or laid hands on. You would not think so to look at the pictures, but I think you could drop it and not lose any parts.

The more pictures I see the more I am drooling over the Icebreaker. I just redid my office for the Summer to have a whole long shelf of all of my ships, and I left a space especially for the Icebreaker. Has anyone confirmed, does that lab module that comes with the Icebreaker attach to the base camp? It looks like it might connect to the living quarters and give the Basecamp and actual entrance with steps?

Edited by Faefrost

The Arctic sets and Bike Shop/Cafe finally have appeared on S@H today.

Is it ok that if I buy that helicopter today I can review it? Or is someone else already working on their own review?

Is it ok that if I buy that helicopter today I can review it? Or is someone else already working on their own review?

You don't have to ask that- it's kind of like whoever puts it up first is the first review.

Anyone an idea on the release of the polybags for city in 2014?

In the UK we had this Police Quad http://brickset.com/...28-1/Police-ATV with the recent Daily Mail promo, but nothing else, do you think it's likely some of the other polybag sets will be released in the summer as over the counter polybag collector sets Series 2, similar to last years Series 1 sets from WH Smiths including that ride on lawn mower?

30227-1_police_jetski.jpg30229-1_genie_lift.jpg30310-1_scout_plane.jpg

Edited by paul_delahaye

Are there any reviews out there for the icebreaker? I know you're out there. You can come out now.

I think all of the Arctic line is out at my local Lego store here in Atlanta minus the icebreaker.

I pout.

The one in Indianapolis had all but the plane and icebreaker. I've purchased all of the current sets except for the Base Camp.

I'm really interested in that Arctic polybag up above and where it can be found. It looks easy enough to build myself if I can't find one but I've made it my mission to have all the sets. :devil:

I'm curious about the Arctic Ice Breaker (60032) it doesn't seem to be available in N.America. Brickset says its limited availability, and only shows a £89.99 price, so is it only being sold in the UK? Looking at the photo on Brickset, it combines parts of a couple of the other sets with the ship and a lot of other nice accessories too...

I'm really looking forward to picking up the Icebreaker, it is by far the best set of the wave. :grin:

I'm curious about the Arctic Ice Breaker (60032) it doesn't seem to be available in N.America. Brickset says its limited availability, and only shows a £89.99 price, so is it only being sold in the UK? Looking at the photo on Brickset, it combines parts of a couple of the other sets with the ship and a lot of other nice accessories too...

That's funny, in the Cardiff Lego Store it was £79.99. :shrug_oh_well:

The Icebreaker and Arctic Cargo Plane are most likely store exclusives. So either TRU, Walmart or Target. They sometimes release later than the regular wave, and they will not hit Lego stores or S@H until the exclusive store has them.

I just ordered all the arctic sets from S@H the icebreaker as well, was tempted by the freight train too but not today.

I just ordered all the arctic sets from S@H the icebreaker as well, was tempted by the freight train too but not today.

Awesome! Will you put images up of the Icebreaker when you have built it?

I just noticed this morning, on the S@H USA site that they have added an 'Arctic Collection' (5004189) that includes the helicrane, snow mobile and ice crawler for $61.97, so same price if bought all three separately...haha! You get double VIP points with it (123).

Edited by talos

The great and powerful Jang has a review of the Icebreaker up on Youtube.