Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Does anyone think we will see an Airport in the summer wave?

I really do think so, I feel like Lego has been hinting at one with the release of their cargo heliplane, cargo terminal, and lumber plane (is that what i was called?). That and the fact that they usually release one "real" building a year. And we've seen no buildings apart from those 2 little crook hideouts for 2014. That and I really want an airport!!

I really do think so, I feel like Lego has been hinting at one with the release of their cargo heliplane, cargo terminal, and lumber plane (is that what i was called?). That and the fact that they usually release one "real" building a year. And we've seen no buildings apart from those 2 little crook hideouts for 2014. That and I really want an airport!!

What about the new police station?

What about the new police station?

I seriously forgot about that, well we will see if we get one or not. I just felt all these airport-type sets were hinting towards one. Summer releases usually see the release of the big sets, so I'm sure we'll get one more building, and an airport seems fitting right about now.

If you're talking about in 2013, we also got the new Fire Station and the Flaming Building!

Oh yeah! All the more reason to expect a little something more for 2014.

I said SUMMER.

None of those sets came out in the summer. The Coast Guard and Cargo sets didn't see a single building.

The tower with the cargo plane doesn't count.

The 60026 Town Square was most definatly a summer release. Brickpedia says "June" and some other sites I found via Google list it under "Summer 2013 City Set Releases" or so.

Thats why I thought we might get an airport to. But I know sometimes I am alone with my theories of sets. :laugh: Edited by Legoman123

The new Police Station is looking pretty good! I believe it's the first one (not counting sub-themes) that does not have a traditional baseplate. That will change how it sits on my layout, as it's close to the sidewalk, instead of set back. It will end up being much closer to the street, unlike previous versions with actual driveways.

I certainly understand the frustration with wave after wave of police sets, but I think that without them, museums, banks, and boat houses might have never seen the light of day. In all of Classic Town's glory there was never a museum, and only one bank!

Thats why I thought we might get an airport to. But I know sometimes I am alone with my theories of sets. :laugh:

Legoman 123 your wish for an airport may come true in 2014. If going by timings, we should be due an new Airport in 2014 as 7894 Airport was released in 2006 although said available at S@H October 2007 and 3182 Airport was released in 2010 available 1st June 2010, so going with that theory there could be one in 2014 but as Freddy Bricker says about the hints from the cargo planes, going along that line of theory would mean a year or 2 before an airport as when cargo plane 7734 and Truck 7733 were released in 2008 it was 2 years before the next airport came along in 2010 so with Cargo terminal and tuck released this year an airport might not be due til 2015. So who knows when we will get one.

The 60026 Town Square was most definatly a summer release. Brickpedia says "June" and some other sites I found via Google list it under "Summer 2013 City Set Releases" or so.

That's a special set. It's like saying we get Cinema because of the massive $150 cinema set.

That's a special set. It's like saying we get Cinema because of the massive $150 cinema set.

No, not at all, really. Town Square is still in the LEGO City theme, Palace Cinema (and the other modular buildings) are not. They have consistently been categorized as either themeless "exclusives" or as LEGO Creator.

Brickset doesn't even list 60026 as a retailer exclusive or limited release of any kind.

No, not at all, really. Town Square is still in the LEGO City theme, Palace Cinema (and the other modular buildings) are not. They have consistently been categorized as either themeless "exclusives" or as LEGO Creator.

Brickset doesn't even list 60026 as a retailer exclusive or limited release of any kind.

It is a retail exclusive for Toys"R"Us in the United States, but it should still be counted as a regular City building.

And 60026 was a BigW exclusive in Oz.

I wonder why GRogall has only been able to post on Brickshelf about half the sets......? :look:

I wonder why GRogall has only been able to post on Brickshelf about half the sets......? :look:

Speaking of which, this is from Toys"R"Us! I actually really want this set now. It's adorable and only $10! :classic:

10933217056_ddc6213655_z.jpg

10933216636_df8a9f0782_o.jpg

Not bad monster truck.....though it's missing some struts eh ? :tongue:

I wonder what else is on the TRU website ? :wink:

Edit - links for camper and tow truck......

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29461746&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.3686910&parentPage=family

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=29461706&cp=2255956.2273442.2255962.3696486.3686910&parentPage=family

Edited by lightningtiger

I'd like to see if I could combine the rogue's hideout with the building in the helicopter set, and maybe the last hideout set we got ( with the forest police) into one bigger hideout.

I CANNOT wait, especially for the police sets!

I sure hope so. I am a fire MOCer, and I am planning on making Airport Engines, and I will get pre-made set. So, I sure hope so.

Now has anyone notice in the police semi-trailer set that the stickered monitor screens show both the robbers hide outs - the one with the sliding door and the other which looks like a toliet block ? :wink:

So this means you need to buy almost the whole police subtheme for 2014 as it appears a lot of is linked together......common story line maybe ? :look:

Although Ive already given one response to your question, Ive just had a thought that one could either be released in the summer or early 2015 as in 2015 we will probably see another Fire Station. How good would it be to have a change from the normal style and have an Airport Fire Station to compliment the City Airport. I think Lego missed out by not having a Fire Station for the Forest Fire theme when they had a Forest Police station. The Airport Fire Station could have additional trucks to compliment the Fire engine 60061 being released in 2014!

Edited by scottwb2010