Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Oh man, I want dat Icebreaker! Now I'm a little glad I haven't gotten around to getting the Coast Guard set. :p

Oh man, I want dat Icebreaker! Now I'm a little glad I haven't gotten around to getting the Coast Guard set. :p

I bought the Coast Guard set just before the Ice Breaker news came out :hmpf_bad:

Coast Guard set is really cool, but I have to say I'm liking Ice Breaker a lot more!

Coast Guard set is really cool, but I have to say I'm liking Ice Breaker a lot more!

Well, I DID buy the Coast Guard so that I could MOC something else :sweet: But when the Ice Breaker comes out IT WILL BE MINE! :grin:

I am really excited for the Arctic sets. No idea where I will display them, but I'm interested in all of the sets, most likely.

I am really excited for the Arctic sets. No idea where I will display them, but I'm interested in all of the sets, most likely.

Same here , i am really excited for this theme and the ideas it brings, like making a Brickflick movie based on The horror movie 'The Thing" or a brickflick based on the tv show "Helix"

Example: Lego Arctic Team taking core sample's of ice for carbon dating discover remains of unknown origin, Contact with the main arctic base is lost , "Fade Cut" into a small artic shack where survivors are huddled up together, what happened to them? how did they get there? "Fade cut" Outside in the extreme arctic conditions a lone figure on a dog sled is seen heading towards the survivors shack...............

Cant wait to get the sets and make a horror Brickflick

Edited by SnapLock

Arctic is looking nice indeed. In addition to Ice Breaker, I'd like to get the Ice Crawler and Outpost!

I'm not feeling it myself with this Arctic sub-theme, it doesn't seem to feel logical going from humble city streets to a polar ice cap.

Look at coast guard, you find them in or near a harbour....which is in or near a city. I always felt and will always feel that city should be city related or something close to a city related.

But that's just my two cents worth.

At least we are scoring a cool new train station and awesome freight train....ah, finally I might be able to get a new train :grin: ......thanks Arctic sub-theme. :tongue:

I have so many interests with the themes, I just combine them all! It doesn't have to be "realistic" or "make sense" to me. I got Star Wars guys visiting the folks in City, etc etc. ^_^

I'm not feeling it myself with this Arctic sub-theme, it doesn't seem to feel logical going from humble city streets to a polar ice cap. :tongue:

Well then the problem is should it be an independent theme or a subtheme? Arctic things are welcome no matter which theme they're titled. As mentioned TLC might just try to regard all modern real-life technologies and vehicles as "City".

I'm not feeling it myself with this Arctic sub-theme, it doesn't seem to feel logical going from humble city streets to a polar ice cap.

Look at coast guard, you find them in or near a harbour....which is in or near a city. I always felt and will always feel that city should be city related or something close to a city related.

But that's just my two cents worth.

At least we are scoring a cool new train station and awesome freight train....ah, finally I might be able to get a new train :grin: ......thanks Arctic sub-theme. :tongue:

Because so many cities have a space port, or my favorite sub theme title ever... LEGO City Farm.

Because so many cities have a space port, or my favorite sub theme title ever... LEGO City Farm.

Well, a space port would never be in a city......period, but farms, forests, etc., are generally near a city or totally next to a town or village.

I think maybe you get up really early and hunt for the latest pics. :laugh: Thanks for all your effort, J2G! You're a good guy, I don't care what anybody says.

I am not sure I'm feeling the arctic sets either, all that much. Maybe I'll get the smallest few ones just for the pieces and minifigs, though. The colors are really nice.

There is this little coin bank set.

40110-1.jpg

This set is available now through the spring catalog and online at the lego shop website. It's $15. Doesn't say in the catalog that it's exclusive. Drop coins in the hole on the top. One minifig. It's a nice build IMO but I wonder how it looks when the coins drop in.

I think maybe you get up really early and hunt for the latest pics. :laugh: Thanks for all your effort, J2G! You're a good guy, I don't care what anybody says.

I don't mean to be mean but I am not happy with that "getting up early to find pics" comment. I know I'm not him so I don't have the same lifestyle as j2g but this is early enough for me. I'm grateful for him finding them now even if it's in the morning. People need sleep even if they're ambitious to find lego news. If not then one can be up all not exhausted and maybe find very few bits of information. Being a close friend of J2G, I know he already stays up late finding pics. So be grateful for that at least. But I want him to do well with school and other things. So like any other person, he needs sleep so he can function his best. Don't believe me? Ask science!

Also I think J2G is a good guy too. He does a lot and gives a lot for this lego community. I'm grateful for his contributions.

I am not sure I'm feeling the arctic sets either, all that much. Maybe I'll get the smallest few ones just for the pieces and minifigs, though. The colors are really nice.

The smaller ones look good so far. I'd at least like to get a taste of the theme before diving in full.

Nice, thanks for the new box art shots. Hm, I didn't want to get the helicopter at first, but the more I see, the more I like!

Aww, thanks Sinner! :blush: That means a lot!

And thanks 'Graysmith' for finding the direct links to the pics!

Now some hi-res images eh ?

Interesting use of the Friend's handlebars for the huskies, that is a printed 2x2 curved slope (er, yeah only useful for Arctic themed work :blush: ) and a female member of the Arctic team......with a female torso ! :thumbup::grin:

Even though I said I'm not interested in the Arctic sub-theme......the sky-crane and tracked truck do have modifying potential.....the sky-crane minus it's Arctic symbols and the tracked truck - four wheels instead of tracks for my city services area of AC.....reminds me of one of these....

Unimog_U400.jpg

I bought my High Speed Police Chase a few days ago and boy is it a awesome set :wub:! I love the fact the minifigures can be easily modded to fleshies and then the scramblers, whoa, just so much customizing potential! I made the black bike completely black and then the red one, well i guess i have found my a new fire motorbike! The only thing is that its £13 :look:....I think i'll buy two more when it discounts :grin:.

I bought my High Speed Police Chase a few days ago and boy is it a awesome set :wub:! I love the fact the minifigures can be easily modded to fleshies and then the scramblers, whoa, just so much customizing potential! I made the black bike completely black and then the red one, well i guess i have found my a new fire motorbike! The only thing is that its £13 :look:....I think i'll buy two more when it discounts :grin:.

Remember you do get three minifigs, one being a female crook and a new torso police officer......so not to bad a price....they are 19 bucks here in Oz. :wink: