Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I am pleasantly surprised to see the icebreaker ship so nicely filled in. No vast amounts of empty unexplainable space like the last coast guard ship. Curious to see what it looks like inside, perhaps crew quarters? Unfortunately as it is right now it's not enough for me to justify getting it but that could change based on the internal layout.

Also there is some kind of mini arctic base sitting next to it?

Anyone know if that Octan service station is an actual set? I think that's my real winner this round.

That would be possible. Why have a boat and no field operation unit ;)

Have to buy it all =)

Hopefully this is one whole set. It would likely be in the price bracket between 60014 Coastguard patrol £59.99 and 4645 Harbour £71.99 and have 6 minifigs

Edited by scottwb2010

Yes, it does. In the ice breaker is:

The ship (duh!)

The small helicopter above the ship

The lab that was in the picture you posted

The pole behind the lab

The small plow near the lab

One of the three husky sleds ( If your wondering where they are, there's one near the base camp, one near the arctic outpost, and one on the top of the mountain. And the sets they come in are the base camp, helicopter, and Ice breaker.

And, is anybody else loving the arctic plane? Between the actual plane, and the cute little snow-plow-transporter, it looks great! I hope there's no winch in it because then there will be more room for cargo. It doesn't look like it though, because there are 2 crates outside of it and a cargo pallet, and since 60021 had a winch and could only hold 1 crate, this should hold 2

Yes, it does. In the ice breaker is:

The ship (duh!)

The small helicopter above the ship

The lab that was in the picture you posted

The pole behind the lab

The small plow near the lab

One of the three husky sleds ( If your wondering where they are, there's one near the base camp, one near the arctic outpost, and one on the top of the mountain. And the sets they come in are the base camp, helicopter, and Ice breaker.

And, is anybody else loving the arctic plane? Between the actual plane, and the cute little snow-plow-transporter, it looks great! I hope there's no winch in it because then there will be more room for cargo. It doesn't look like it though, because there are 2 crates outside of it and a cargo pallet, and since 60021 had a winch and could only hold 1 crate, this should hold 2

I was trying to make a post with a link to the photo of the sled at the top of the mountain, as i noticed it was different to the other 2 and wondered if it was a red hearing or was in one of the 2 newer sets so thanks for clarifying this. The ice breaker is going to be a big set. :sweet:

Edited by scottwb2010

I am pleasantly surprised to see the icebreaker ship so nicely filled in. No vast amounts of empty unexplainable space like the last coast guard ship. Curious to see what it looks like inside, perhaps crew quarters? Unfortunately as it is right now it's not enough for me to justify getting it but that could change based on the internal layout.

Also there is some kind of mini arctic base sitting next to it?

Anyone know if that Octan service station is an actual set? I think that's my real winner this round.

There are crew quarters, it said it in the description. Also, in front of the bridge, do you see that sled? That's an opening hatch, to the crew quarters under the bridge! It seems to act as both access and a launcher for the sled, which is cool. I'm excited to see the quarters, cabin, and how many minifigures come with it. It seems there are:

Scientist

Plow driver

Helicopter pilot

Captain

Sled musher

2 crew members

There are crew quarters, it said it in the description. Also, in front of the bridge, do you see that sled? That's an opening hatch, to the crew quarters under the bridge! It seems to act as both access and a launcher for the sled, which is cool. I'm excited to see the quarters, cabin, and how many minifigures come with it. It seems there are:

Scientist

Plow driver

Helicopter pilot

Captain

Sled musher

2 crew members

Are you at the show HomerJSimpson just that you mention it said in the description!

Are you at the show HomerJSimpson just that you mention it said in the description!

No, kiddiwinks originally posted them. That's how we originally found out about the icebreaker. I'm in NY, and as much as I would love to go to the NY toy fair, I think you receive tickets from the toy fair. I'm not entirely sure, but it's more for buisness owners I think to see what sets will be coming out and what the price is, when it's coming out, etc.

Edited by HomerJSimpson

I was hoping you were maybe there and could get a set number and details for the Heli-plane set.

Artic theme is going to hurt my wallet!

I was hoping you were maybe there and could get a set number and details for the Heli-plane set.

Artic theme is going to hurt my wallet!

Do you mean the orange plane next the icebreaker? I'm guessing that would be about $45 USD as it is about the same size as 60021. I'm guessing it would be 60037- right after the base camp, like the coast guard plane.

Scientist

Plow driver

Helicopter pilot

Captain

Sled musher

2 crew members

Thank you for up to date feed of information. It brings me hope yet that maybe I will find a want for these arctic sets. Also Lego seems to really be stepping up the minifigure counts just like in some of the Lego Movie sets. I fear the price tag on the icebreaker now if it does include all that.

I'm really liking that plane! It reminds me of the old C119 Flying Boxcars. The icebreaker looks great as well. Overall, this whole arctic line is really nice!

I got some confirmation for ya'll!

Here's what I found:

In the icebreaker cabin is a captain, wearing a old style police cap, which color I do not know. His face is the one introduced in the elite police line, who also comes with 60048 as the cop

The orange plane comes with at least 3 minifigures, one pilot, the guy wearing hood you can see next to the husky, and a plow driver you could not previously see.

Also, the husky sleds are much bigger than I thought, from the picture of one from the side on the mountain. There's a crate, a place for the musher, and some extra half studs from the way the crate is on.

By the way, I found this out from some pictures on Flickr. The captain is from the side pic of the icebreaker, plow driver from one picture of the plane, and the sled from the shot of it on the mountain.

Edited by HomerJSimpson

I got some confirmation for ya'll!

Here's what I found:

In the icebreaker cabin is a captain, wearing a old style police cap, which color I do not know. His face is the one introduced in the elite police line, who also comes with 60048 as the cop

The orange plane comes with at least 3 minifigures, one pilot, the guy wearing hood you can see next to the husky, and a plow driver you could not previously see.

Also, the husky sleds are much bigger than I thought, from the picture of one from the side on the mountain. There's a crate, a place for the musher, and some extra half studs from the way the crate is on.

By the way, I found this out from some pictures on Flickr. The captain is from the side pic of the icebreaker, plow driver from one picture of the plane, and the sled from the shot of it on the mountain.

You have been zooming in! Lol

This looks to be a set with loads of minifigs.

Here are the minifigs I reckon come with it, some you've mentioned previously:

Tracked vehicle - Driver

Cabin - Scientist

Waters Edge a Polar Bear - Video Camera man

Boat - Captain and Deck Hand

Helicopter - Pilot

Ice and Snow block behind Ice Breaker - Chainsaw man and Camera man

Huskies n sled - Musher

I make that 9 minifigures and although I say men, that is me just being generic as there will be females too.

Edited by scottwb2010

You have been zooming in! Lol

This looks to be a set with loads of minifigs.

Yeah! But make sure the pictures are in large 2048 when zooming in, they're clearer.

Wow, the icebreaker looks really great. Also exciting that it comes with a little lab and such-- collecting the whole line (like I'll be doing even against my wallet's protests) will provide for more than enough for a nice little display with a substantial "base camp," between the main outpost, the ship's, and the mobile one. I imagine I'll be taking the ice block bit from Batman vs. Mr. Freeze, sticking Captain America in there and setting up my arctic sets for display this summer!

This possible set called Artic-04, not seen any set number.

12498910073_f65fe7fe85.jpg

And the icebreaker. Artic-05 set number 60062

12499270154_4d34777744.jpg

Thank you very much for these pictures, eiker86! :classic:

The ice-breaker and the arctic plane both are really :wub: :wub: !

Independant from whether I'll buy the whole line or not, I for sure will buy the ice-breaker since it fits very well in the harbor / sea theme in general. And I fear that I can't resist to buy the arctic plane, too, because of its "door" on the backside and the small snow plow with trailer included. Let's hope the the plane's cargo department this time will be much bigger (than the one in the heliplane).

It's strange that I like the base camp (which is the main set of the theme) - the less and all other sets much more. For sure because the building in the base camp is much too small and not really a base camp (which imo means even some place to eat, relax and sleep), but only a laboratory and a garage.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Now I compared the MOC'ed gas station from last years display and this years one on display......they are a bit different, less parts to this one with a colour patterning of current Octan sets......question is.....is it real or another flight-of-fancy by the city designers ? :look: (my hope is it's real, but our hopes were dashed last year :sadnew: )

One interesting thing is new stickers, but same old price board stickers ? :look:

Scanning over those images....I haven't finished doing yet :blush: , I see no new sets apart from ones from current ones to a few years back. :blush:

Edit - I just spied what sadly would be a MOC from the designers, but so cool........a heavy duty railway crane/digger with wagon on the back (battery box)....it's PF'ed.....man, I need better pictures of it ! :wub:

Edited by lightningtiger

Actually they did produce the front part of the vehicle next to the arctic plane in orange - it's set 4652 from 4+ line (the part had prints though). I've seen this set on the shelf once, but at that time i thought it was too expensive, since the parts i was looking for were a couple of big chrome silver fuel tanks in this set...

Really love the plane. It's really nice to have mid-size piston-engine cargo plane!!!

Now I compared the MOC'ed gas station from last years display and this years one on display......they are a bit different, less parts to this one with a colour patterning of current Octan sets......question is.....is it real or another flight-of-fancy by the city designers ? :look: (my hope is it's real, but our hopes were dashed last year :sadnew: )

One interesting thing is new stickers, but same old price board stickers ? :look:

Scanning over those images....I haven't finished doing yet :blush: , I see no new sets apart from ones from current ones to a few years back. :blush:

Edit - I just spied what sadly would be a MOC from the designers, but so cool........a heavy duty railway crane/digger with wagon on the back (battery box)....it's PF'ed.....man, I need better pictures of it ! :wub:

The Octan Station might be a MOC because it doesnt have any new cars with it but uses one from 60060 and 4207. But it is time for a new release. 7 years is too long a gap!

The Octan Station might be a MOC because it doesnt have any new cars with it but uses one from 60060 and 4207. But it is time for a new release. 7 years is too long a gap!

That's my sad gut feeling too, but who's up for some reverse engineering eh ? :wink:

At least we have a better close up image this year......though I did see a white 4 wide car getting about the layout, but that too might be a flight-of-fancy by the designers....again ? :blush:

Actually they did produce the front part of the vehicle next to the arctic plane in orange - it's set 4652 from 4+ line (the part had prints though). I've seen this set on the shelf once, but at that time i thought it was too expensive, since the parts i was looking for were a couple of big chrome silver fuel tanks in this set...

Really love the plane. It's really nice to have mid-size piston-engine cargo plane!!!

Ah thats why i didnt see the part listed on Bricklink

Edited by scottwb2010

That gas station....there's something odd about......the pump has a sticker I do not remember ever seeing before.

The basic design is similar to 2013's, but there are differences too.....like the stickers.....another prototype perhaps ? :look:

I'll sit on fence for the moment and start a bit of reverse engineering so if it's not real.....I'll make my own ! :wink:

That gas station....there's something odd about......the pump has a sticker I do not remember ever seeing before.

The basic design is similar to 2013's, but there are differences too.....like the stickers.....another prototype perhaps ? :look:

I'll sit on fence for the moment and start a bit of reverse engineering so if it's not real.....I'll make my own ! :wink:

I guess we will have to wait and see if it gets announced later at this show or at the New York show if it is a real set