Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

What ?

No ice breaker or surprise city set ? :look:

Thank goodness we are getting trains this year otherwise I won't be buying much Lego this year. :blush:

Edit - Wait a minute......it's early morning in Denmark.....the show hasn't even opened yet - how does 'eiker86' know this ?

I think your time zones may be off? When he posted it was evening in Denmark. Though, I don't know the exact opening of the show, I do know it wasn't early morning over there when he made that remark. :tongue:

The clock had past 18:00 DK time :)

It opens at 10 thursday (23:14 when posting)

Fan zone is ready for show =)

I have been here from about 10:30 this morning =)

Pictures: See the event forum =)

Edited by eiker86

There is the toy fair on Saturday. The ice breaker probably won't be there. But there still is gonna be one, the set #, price, and description were up on a website that sells Legos.

Edit: fixed the ! after price.

Edited by HomerJSimpson

There is the toy fair on Saturday. The ice breaker probably won't be there. But there still is gonna be one, the set #, price, and description were up on a website that sells Legos.

Edit: fixed the ! after price.

What website would that be? And toy fair?

Hopefully the reason for no sign of the Ice Breaker and/or a summer exclusive yet is that they may be getting an official release at some point during the show so wouldn't be on public display yet!!!

Funny, the only images are of the fan zone set up......not the Lego City layout......now unless the fan zone folks talked to the City layout folks......then I'll wait and see what pops up over the next two days. :wink:

Posted a boat and a plane now on my twitter-account. Proberly thoose you mean. I oversaw them last night :/

Posted a boat and a plane now on my twitter-account. Proberly thoose you mean. I oversaw them last night :/

Er, problem.......my Goggle Chrome isn't allowing to go to your twitter page........could you post them on flickr ? :blush:

Er, problem.......my Goggle Chrome isn't allowing to go to your twitter page........could you post them on flickr ? :blush:

Done :)

Done :)

Thanks :sweet: and bingo :grin: .......ice breaker based around the stand ship haul....okay, and it's purpose is supply ship though that chopper is a little odd looking. :look:

Plus a twin propeller plane......but is that an additional snow vehicle to go with ? (it's towing a sled with supplies on it) :look:

I did not find a set number on it exceot the Artic-4. I have more break in 1 hour 15 mins (13:30) so will take a closer look :)

Glad I found something new this year to :)

From that one image I couldn't see a number......fingers crossed it's not another flight of fancy by one of the city designers like last years Octan station.

Do they have the trains on display yet ? :look:

They have the new cargotrain at least. And they also got the Octan ststion there ;) Maybe Lord Business is there to :)

Wow... Love the Icebreaker but I'm also intrigued by all these additional components in these pics. The plane, and the tracked vehicle with the plow-- new set? Also, what about the little installation behind the ship, also with its own 6-wheeled track vehicle? That's not the same Mobile Lab design we've seen earlier... Strange!!

At any rate, thanks for the pics, EIKER86!!!

You noticed new train windshield piece on icebreaker?

Yes and the windows across the front of the bridge are smaller than the ones on the side ? :blush:

Now that Octan station is not the same MOC from one of the actual city designers from last year ? :look:

Many thanks eiker86 for posting the pics of these 2 sets.

No surprise that it includes a helicopter. This small helicopter must have some power to lift those modules on and off! lol. In the plane set, if it is a an actual set, the cab of the tracked vehicle to my knowledge hasn't been available in orange before so this could be the Summer Exclusive set. On the ice breaker, it looks like there is a skidoo sitting just below the bridge.

Edited by scottwb2010

I noticed on the ice breaker there is a swing-out ladder just in case they get stuck in the ice and need to get off the ship. :wink:

Uploaded pics from the LEGO City layout into flickr.

On the white car it says 60057, but that's the camper :)

Edited by eiker86

Wow... Love the Icebreaker but I'm also intrigued by all these additional components in these pics. The plane, and the tracked vehicle with the plow-- new set? Also, what about the little installation behind the ship, also with its own 6-wheeled track vehicle? That's not the same Mobile Lab design we've seen earlier... Strange!!

At any rate, thanks for the pics, EIKER86!!!

Well spotted Mr Elijah Timms, about the istallation behind the ship with its own cabin/work station and tracked vehicle. Hopefully this is part of the Ice Breaker set.

Just looked at newer photo's uploaded by eike86 and that tracked vehicle behind the ice breaker has plough on it also, but is a 4 wide vehicle

Edited by scottwb2010

Looking at eiker86 photo of the whole artic scene, at the top of the mountain next to set 60033 there is a micro light type of aircraft. Hopefully this will be a polybag offering.

Looking at eiker86 photo of the whole artic scene, at the top of the mountain next to set 60033 there is a micro light type of aircraft. Hopefully this will be a polybag offering.

Took a closer picture of it :)