Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I think there's a difference, though. There's activism of some sort or another against basically all of "big oil" because it's removed from most people's world in the most immediate sense, we only see it at the pump basically so it's easier to oppose the other parts of the industry. Everyone goes to the bank though, and banking is a long standing institution that people don't have as much of a problem with even if "big banking" is a bad thing. Basically, a gas station would probably go over fine, just like a bank goes over fine. A drilling platform, drill ships, and things like that would not be received as positively since a lot of modern consumers see those as a necessary evil in even the best circumstances.

I'm with you hoping the icebreaker doesn't just look like another Coast Guard boat though, not that I didn't like the Coast Guard boat. I'm just hoping for something a little heftier.

Oh no, the last coast guard boat for all its intents and purposes was perfectly fine, as much as I hate that hull piece. I just don't need another one in orange hahaha.

Also man would I love a new gas station set.

Edited by Moebius118

He might of been mistaken and read Antarctica when the discussion was about the Arctic Circle.

No, not mistaken at all.....point is research is done at both north and south poles. Plus more the point even though we have mostly desert and our cities on the coast, we have research bases, etc., in Antarctica.

To truthful, we don't know what kind of place Legoland is.....it's polar region might just be ten clicks from the CBD ? :laugh:

The only thing I find strange and even a bit funny is that TLG is releasing the Arctic sets as a summer theme - shall this be an allusion to the climate change and season creep? :laugh:

Klaus-Dieter

"Summer sets" and "Winter sets" are pretty much misnomers. They refer to the period in which the sets come out, not the period in which they are available. By the time summer sets come out in August, summer is almost over in the Northern Hemisphere, and they become the most reliably available sets in the lead-up to Christmas (and the first items on many kids' Christmas lists).

Edited by Lyichir

60045:

wow! if the world saw a few days ago the new Chevy Colorado, Lego already made a police model of this pickup! LIKE!!!

Top-Speed-Chevrolet-Colorado.jpg

See the big fenders above rear wheels. I think they tried to make more of F-350:

rnpca4056a-vi.jpg

60058:

the suv looks like the old range rover - nice!

IMG_5365.jpg

Too small for that. More of like one of those shitty Nippon SUVs...

1999%2BHonda%2BPassport%2BSUV.jpg

60061:

at least you tried to do Oshkosh Truck, not so you succeeded i have to say...

hemtt_l4.jpg

Are you kidding???? So what's this then, a SCUD Launcher?

users%5C14%5C1280_0004554.jpg

Dont forget that large amount of land in arctic circle belongs to Denmark. They have arctic expeditions, camps, icebreakers etc...

Arctic-Sea-Ice-Extent-in-September-2008-200dpi.jpg

0,,6412760_7,00.jpg

carousel.jpg

Don't forget all the Russian and Norwegian cities that exist inside the arctic circle. Not to mention polar bears only live in the arctic, not the Antarctic. But any geography expert would know that.

Are you kidding???? So what's this then, a SCUD Launcher?

To be fair, the two trucks are both made by Oshkosh and the Striker shares much of its drive train as well as its overall look with the military HEMTT.

..and some Lego City Savannah/Outback sets please!

My favourite 2014 City set is the Campervan - hopefully the train and station will not rely on stickers.

Yep. We have got the next summer wave covered. :wink::laugh:

I don't get why LEGO seems to make so many helicopters...

In 2013, we got one in the fire station, one as part of the coast guard ship, the big coast guard helicopter, the cargo tilt-rotor, 3 helicopters in Creator sets and 1 in an Iron Man 3 set.

This year so far we already have 3 police choppers, 3 in the Arctic line, 3 in Creator (one set makes 2 different helicopter styles), 1 in NinjaGo, 1 in a Batman set, 1 in a Spiderman set, 1 in Technic and 1 in the LEGO Movie Rescue Reinforcements set plus others I may not have heard about or may have forgotten (e.g. does Ultra Agents have any?)

So many helicopters eh ?

Well when I was a kid.....there was M.A.S.H. on TV, a cool show called Chopper Squad (about life guards and their rescue copter) and who can forget 'Blue Thunder' (you got love a copter with a chain gun on it :laugh: ).

I guess Lego's designers see helicopters as every day items now, news crews, police, big business, etc., use them all the time.

So Lego are guessing that their primary target market (6-12) want helicopters. :wink:

Maybe Lego will come out with a great vehicles of the air sub-theme ? :laugh:

Don't forget airwolf

You were either an 'Airwolf' or 'Blue Thunder' fan back in the day. :laugh:

Only a day or so now to go before Legoworld and their city display......that's when we see the rare exclusive for the year ahead....please be some more buildings Lego or maybe that long awaited truck stop :wub: .....it's the wait that kills. :laugh:

Only a day or so now to go before Legoworld and their city display......that's when we see the rare exclusive for the year ahead....please be some more buildings Lego or maybe that long awaited truck stop :wub: .....it's the wait that kills. :laugh:

I really liked Blue Thunder. Used to watch Air Wolf too. I am really looking forward to buying the new police helicopter. Just wish the ones that come with the headquarters had more girth to them.

I don't get why LEGO seems to make so many helicopters...

In 2013, we got one in the fire station, one as part of the coast guard ship, the big coast guard helicopter, the cargo tilt-rotor, 3 helicopters in Creator sets and 1 in an Iron Man 3 set.

This year so far we already have 3 police choppers, 3 in the Arctic line, 3 in Creator (one set makes 2 different helicopter styles), 1 in NinjaGo, 1 in a Batman set, 1 in a Spiderman set, 1 in Technic and 1 in the LEGO Movie Rescue Reinforcements set plus others I may not have heard about or may have forgotten (e.g. does Ultra Agents have any?)

Helicopters have a lot of play value. They can fly through the air much like planes or spaceships, and they have spinning propellors. But additionally, they can "hover" in a stationary position, take off and land vertically without a need for a runway, and lift or lower people and things without having to land and load or unload. I don't think it's any surprise that kids seem to love them.

Anyhow, I love that this upcoming Arctic lineup has not just a plane, but a Skycrane. The last one we had in a set was in the Dino theme — I don't think LEGO City has ever had one.

You forgot 60010, a "big" fire helicopter, and the police helicopter in 60018 Museum Break-In. Yeah, no shortage of LEGO choppers :p

Does anyone know the exact date Lego World is on?

From the 13th to 16th of this month.....ah, I can't wait for the first images to start the guessing game again ! :laugh:

Blue Thunder and Airwolf! We're really dating ourselves, now. I'm 45, and I was a Blue Thunder guy.

Ditto on the 45 too...back this is a little off-topic eh ? :laugh:

I liked Blue Thunder for it's helicopter and Ariwolf for the quirkyness of it's characters… ;) But I feel young seeing that I'm stil 5 years shy from your ages…

Yeah, Lego do a lot of helicopters. Have three of them now, the police chinook (well, that's more or less my girlfriend's, she liked it a lot, I'm not too fond of it), the fire heli from the fire station from last year and a small police heli that came with a city brickmaster bookset. Actually, I seem to have nother heli from some years ago. No idea what it was, but I have the "undercarriage" in my partsboxes...

Anyway, b.o.t...

Helicopters have a lot of play value. They can fly through the air much like planes or spaceships, and they have spinning propellors. But additionally, they can "hover" in a stationary position, take off and land vertically without a need for a runway, and lift or lower people and things without having to land and load or unload. I don't think it's any surprise that kids seem to love them.

Good point, helicopters are cool (and fun to build too having built several including police choppers, medivac choppers, a news helicopter and others)

I found no new sets in the City layout at LEGOWorld this time :( Everything is reweald.

What ?

No ice breaker or surprise city set ? :look:

Thank goodness we are getting trains this year otherwise I won't be buying much Lego this year. :blush:

Edit - Wait a minute......it's early morning in Denmark.....the show hasn't even opened yet - how does 'eiker86' know this ?

Edited by lightningtiger