Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Must be a prized bull eh ? :wink:

:laugh:

Yes, a hole train alone..

Personally I would love to see the cow in black, would be a nice color to have.

Yes I agree, that would have been great :thumbup:

Edited by Roebuck

Speaking of the London Toy Fair, Barry from brickfanatics.co.uk has some news for us in store:

Firstly for the LEGO City theme the new Arctic theme will have a blue and orange colour scheme to it and the theme is “secrets of the ice”. Included in the theme will be Huskies, snowshoes, new articulated polar bear.

Also on display was the new white bullet train and new train station, £99.99 similarly styled to the Horizon Express. Station is sold separately, out in 2nd half of the year..

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-report/

Interesting a white HE but we now going to have 'secrets of the ice'.....man, city is getting weirder and weirder all the time.

Though I can't wait for the first images to appear.....be our luck we'll have to wait until the German toy fair next week. :blush:

Speaking of the London Toy Fair, Barry from brickfanatics.co.uk has some news for us in store:

Firstly for the LEGO City theme the new Arctic theme will have a blue and orange colour scheme to it and the theme is “secrets of the ice”. Included in the theme will be Huskies, snowshoes, new articulated polar bear.

Also on display was the new white bullet train and new train station, £99.99 similarly styled to the Horizon Express. Station is sold separately, out in 2nd half of the year..

http://brickfanatics...oy-fair-report/

Thanks for the link but no pictures :(

I wanna see the new trains!

For real, what's Lego's fascination with orange? Orange is why I didn't buy the sh*t out of Mars Mission. And I'm a space freak. Also not a fan of the orange Galaxy Squad sets. It's just not a heroic color.

I actually see this orange as being REALLY exciting to my son. Its his favorite color.

Hmm, I think I see the Arctic HQ.

And was the picture even supposed to be taken. :look:

Edited by Lego Spy

Hmm, I think I see the Arctic HQ.

And was the picture even supposed to be taken. :look:

It was taken by the designers of the table, which is not unusual at all. But they probably shouldn't have it on

their web page. I wouldn't be surprised if it disappears.

Even though the image doesn't give too much detail, some of the items I noticed (like the white train) look good from a distance. I'm confident I'll end up buying something from one of these 2014 lines.

I have to say I love the "polar exploration" logo from the new figs and sets. It draws from the recent City "near-space" logo, which in turn drew from the Classic Space logo of old.

Apparently the blue cargotrain comes with a (un)loading-crane again.. this time a yellow one, but different from the green crane in the 7939 set...

Sure. In the Winter Village Cottage.

Yes, but a single house set with decorated interior could be good with this series I guess. The one next to the Winter Village Cottage feels like a playhouse.

I have to say I love the "polar exploration" logo from the new figs and sets. It draws from the recent City "near-space" logo, which in turn drew from the Classic Space logo of old.

Well IMO it seems a bit relunctant since it doesn't located in a "city" anymore, though Farm could be the same thing. I wonder if TLC avoid creating standalone themes, or they regard all modern vehicles things as part of "City"?

Edited by Dorayaki

Thanks for answering!

That was a disappointment :sadnew: I was hoping for four, realistically two, but one is a lot better than none..

Is it a “new” cow or just the brown one with “lone ranger horns”?

the second one. I guess that makes it an ox?

Great vehicles make your City..... humm..... :sceptic:

You forgot the it..........Great Vehicles....make it your city.

I can assume that to the designers at Lego, cities are full of vehicles and nothing else ? :laugh:

Edit - I just read some information on the creator bike shop and cafe,,,,,,,,you either build that combo or just a florist or car repair workshop......gee, hedging their bets with both boys and girls are they.......idea would be to build all three.....to some hello Bricklink, me......Toy Corner ! :laugh:

The real shock is that creator set is 89 bucks US.....which means over a hundred dollars AU......looks like I'll be skipping the polar gear. :blush:

Edited by lightningtiger

Great vehicles make your City..... humm..... :sceptic:

It reminds me, have we ever seen a Lego igloo?

There was also an igloo for a monthly mini-build at Lego stores in the winter of 2012-2013, I remember taking my kids to it.

40061-1.jpg