Rick

2014 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

In reference to the new Race Car, I agree that it's one of the nicest build designs I've ever built, using such small and unique parts. If there's anything I don't like about it, it's the spoiler assembly-- the robot arms just aren't working for me. The spoiler sits too far away from the body itself. Otherwise bravo TLG,

It's definitely nice to have around.

My video reviews for 60056 and 60059 are also up now. Nice sets, still not a whole lot of detail packed into except for the Logging Truck. Both were still definitely worth picking up and I recommend them.

My final review will be Friends so that will be posted elsewhere on this board:

I got 60047 Police Station (my first!) for christmas and just finished putting it together. A few thoughts (usually I build modulars):

What I liked:

- The blue/white colour scheme and the architectural style in general, especially of the building of the right

- Lots of tiling on/around the building reminding of the modular buildings

- Tons of playability with the vehicles, helicopter, cell block, etc.

- Some nice mini-builds like water cooler, tool holders, wash basins, fire hydrant, etc.

- Nice selection of parts, including four of the new 1 x 2 jumper plates in white (http://www.bricklink...tem.asp?P=15573)

- Real sturdy build, one can lift up the whole complex one-handed without problems

What I didn't really care for:

- Lots of stickers which I haven't applied yet

- For an Orwellian prison tower like this one, there are way too many escape options available... :wink:

All in all, a really nice set, which I will MOD to fit into my modular town at the next opportunity!

Edited by Superfunk

My video reviews for 60056 and 60059 are also up now. Nice sets, still not a whole lot of detail packed into except for the Logging Truck. Both were still definitely worth picking up and I recommend them.

I find it humorous that the logging truck comes with one minifig scale tree trunk and two tiny little trees. :laugh:

Edited by Mooch

The Logging Truck is the set I'll be buying first. :wink:

Might be the same for me...

I've just got the set names of the 2014 summer stes thanks to a hungarian online Lego shop.

For City there are two main themes for the summer: arctic and trains

60051 - High speed passenger train 610 pieces 32145 HUF~110EUR

60052 - Cargo train 888 pieces 53585 HUF~160-180 EUR0

60050 - Train station 423 pieces 12860 HUF ~ 40-50EUR

60036 - Arctic basic camp 733 pieces 23535 HUF~80-90 EUR

60034 - Arctic lifting helicopter 262 pieces

60035 - Arctic research lab 374 pieces

60033 - Arctic crawler vehicle 113 pieces

Happy New Year!

I'm interested in the Passenger Train set. Arctic can be cool, though! Maybe it's Polar Xxpress! :grin:

Arctic. That's the LAST sub-theme I was expecting to see again! Not that I'm complaining, but Arctic was pretty niche the first time around — it didn't even carry LEGO Town branding in the United States, instead being marketed as its own separate theme.

It's been about 15 years since the last Arctic sets, and that was back in the late 90s, when set design tended to be pretty lackluster. I'm sure the new sets will be radically different, and I can't wait to see what they have in store! Hoping for a recolor of the bear mold from the Forest Police sets as a polar bear!

ARCTIC???!!! Put me down for the entire line!!!

Also love the train station! Want to see the trains as well... Wondering if the price of the Yellow Train will plummet as these are unveiled?

ARCTIC!!!!

Holy crp! Were getting new Agents sets, new City Arctic sets, a classic Space set over in the movie stuff, Star Wars is mostly OT with no signs of JarJar, and they've started to give us stores and commercial buildings in creator?

You all would tell me if I had actually had a stroke and was lying here drooling and imagining all of this, right?

Arctic. That's the LAST sub-theme I was expecting to see again! Not that I'm complaining, but Arctic was pretty niche the first time around — it didn't even carry LEGO Town branding in the United States, instead being marketed as its own separate theme.

It's been about 15 years since the last Arctic sets, and that was back in the late 90s, when set design tended to be pretty lackluster. I'm sure the new sets will be radically different, and I can't wait to see what they have in store! Hoping for a recolor of the bear mold from the Forest Police sets as a polar bear!

And yet it seems oddly topical. First mission, "rescue trapped boatload of frozen hippie's before they can be devoured by rabid penguins."

Found this on a Hungarian LEGO Shop

60050 Railway Station - 423 pcs

60051 High-speed Train - 610 pcs

60052 'Goods train' - 888 pcs

Just thought I'd share.

Happy New Year!

-Sci

After seeing this in the trains forum and a look at the links i found that we may seem to a new LEGO City theme, just another large hit to my wallet.

60036 Polar Base Camp - 733 parts, ETA - Sept?

60034 Polar Lift Helicopter - 262 parts, ETA - Sept?

60032 Polar Snowmobile - 44 parts, ETA - Aug?

60035 Polar Research Station - 374 parts, ETA - Sept?

60033 Polar Tracked Vehicle - 113 parts, ETA - Sept?

Apologies if I'm broadcasting old news.

See Ya

Mark

Edited by markbrow10

It's funny how Lego CITY is spending a third of it's time.....not in a town or a city.......we've had farming, space, mining, forestry and next......a polar research team.....what next ?

I feel the city designers are losing focus or worse their collective minds. Not that I don't mind the set list......being a city nut.....I now collect almost every city set and the wife hardly ever notices it ! :laugh:

We have gone back to a slim line of sets being released for mid-year......only LegoWorld where the surprise big set is first shown off might be the purists saving grace. :wink:

After seeing this in the trains forum and a look at the links i found that we may seem to a new LEGO City theme, just another large hit to my wallet.

Will merge into 2014 news topic shortly.

60051 - High speed passenger train 610 pieces 32145 HUF~110EUR

60052 - Cargo train 888 pieces 53585 HUF~160-180 EUR0

60050 - Train station 423 pieces 12860 HUF ~ 40-50EUR

Happy New Year!

Thanks for posting, menad.

This will indeed be a happy year if there are new train sets! :wub_drool:

The passenger train comes with fewer bricks (610) than older sets (7938 got 669 bricks), the other two sets come with more that what we are used to :moar: (7898 - 856, 7939 - 839, 3677 - 831, 7937 - 361).

Still no decent train station in sight. Hope this upcoming set will be more like 7997 than 7937.

Now it's waiting for photos again... :hmpf:

There is more to find on this hungarian site.

It seems the artic theme is to be redone this year.

http://www.legomarkabolt.hu/index.php?oldal=katalogus&by=csoport&cs=162

Polar base camp

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on iWiWShare on GoogleShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

Item: 60036 Ages: 6-12 years Number of Components: 733 piecesReleased: September >> further details of the product >> Price: £ 23,535 are currently not available (~80 Euro)

Polar Lift Helicopter

Share on facebookShare on twitterShare on iWiWShare on GoogleShare on emailMore Sharing Services0

Item: 60034 Ages: 5-12 years Number of Components: 262 piecesReleased: September >> further details of the product >> Price: £ 7650are currently not available (~26 Euro)

Polar snowmobile

Item: 60032 Ages: 5-12 years Number of components: 44 pcs Release Date: August >> further details of the product >> Price: £ 1465 are currently not available (~5 Euro)

Polar research station

Item: 60035 Ages: 5-12 years Number of Components: 374 piecesReleased: September >> further details of the product >> Price: £ 10,285 are currently not available (~35 Euro)

Polar tracked vehicle

Item: 60033 Ages: 5-12 years Number of Components: 113 piecesReleased: September >> further details of the product >> Price: £ 3790are currently not available (~13 Euro)

NOTE: its not pounds, but Hungarian Forint. (already converted into Euro by me and xe.com)